This coaching cycle is breaking well for us

19 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I know there was a lot of skepticism around keeping the current coaching staff with some of the names available this cycle but it looks like there will still be some big names available if things go poorly this year.

-Ben Johnson is staying in Detroit and will have another year of OC experience under his belt

-Vrabel an established head coach who would be a great candidate next year if we blow it up

-Pete Carroll: Super Bowl winning HC.  I know he's older but could help bring some stability and create the Tampa Bay model with an asst. coach in waiting to take over

-Belichek: Not likely but a legendary coach that will be out there

-Bobby Slowik: Another impressive offensive mind.  If we end up drafting a QB, could be a great choice

I'm sure I'm missing something.  I'm a Jets fan first and I want this team and regime to win but good to know if things go poorly, we have options.

Unless something unforeseen happens with Seattle and Washington....I'd like to add Todd Monken and David Shaw to this list.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I know there was a lot of skepticism around keeping the current coaching staff with some of the names available this cycle but it looks like there will still be some big names available if things go poorly this year.

-Ben Johnson is staying in Detroit and will have another year of OC experience under his belt

-Vrabel an established head coach who would be a great candidate next year if we blow it up

-Pete Carroll: Super Bowl winning HC.  I know he's older but could help bring some stability and create the Tampa Bay model with an asst. coach in waiting to take over

-Bobby Slowik: Another impressive offensive mind.  If we end up drafting a QB, could be a great choice

I'm sure I'm missing something.  I'm a Jets fan first and I want this team and regime to win but good to know if things go poorly, we have options.

So I'm guessing no Playoffs for the Jets next year ?

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

Like, to be clear, Belichick, Vrabel, and Carroll aren't coming here. Ben Johnson seems like he has options.

Slowik maybe.

Feels more Jets like to hire Aaron Glenn though.

Aaron Glenn or Brian Schottenheimer - those hires would be so Woody.

I like Glenn and loved him as a player, but I would find it hard to accept yet another rookie defensive head coach.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how many of those names will be available after the 2024 season but if they are, only the two OCs are potentially appealing. Big question would be whether they can assemble a good coaching staff instead of the Saleh/Bowles/Ryan problem where a freshman head coach has to shop the discard pile or hand out undeserved promotions. 

Belichick and Carroll are on the backside of their careers to say the least. Although Carroll has some wins in him, the big problem with both of those guys is putting a quality coaching staff together. Both have a few years at most in them which means joining a coaching staff that will probably get blown out in a few years and may not even survive more than a couple seasons. Belichick especially could go right back to four win seasons.

Vrabel isn't terrible but he sure seems to be heading the wrong direction as a head coach. He also hasn't had great experience developing QBs and the Jets will likely need to draft a QB at the top of the draft if 2024 is a dumpster fire. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, section314 said:

Monken is a good coach but boy did he have a brutal game Sunday.😩

Should have run the ball more in the 1st half for sure. But they got down early and if you're not putting up points with the Chiefs then you're not getting back in the game. I think Lamar danced in the pocket too long and too often and I give a lot of credit to the KC dl for wrecking sh*t up on the Baltimore ol.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Unless something unforeseen happens with Seattle and Washington....I'd like to add Todd Monken and David Shaw to this list.

Todd Monken I always liked but his recent game plan has him in the pass category for me.

Ironically because all he did was pass.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Todd Monken I always liked but his recent game plan has him in the pass category for me.

Ironically because all he did was pass.

I think the Ravens fell into the "LAMAR NEEDS TO BEAT MAHOMES" mentality instead relying on what got them the #1 seed to begin with. Run the ball, and pass on short downs. 

A damn shame because they probably win that game if they ran the ball, especially in the first half. I also think Lamar danced around and looked for the home run play almost every drop back and helped contribute to the disaster.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Monken I want, i am pretty luke warm to vrabel, another saleh type of coach.

I want an offensive coach who is creative and knows how to build an offensive team.

I agree that I want an offensive head coach but Vrabel is a much better CEO head coach than Saleh and I’d be very happy if he were our coach.

15 hours ago, jamesr said:

Optimism in Jet land ... "when we suck next year and fire everyone, there will be some decent candidates to take charge of the next rebuild."

emoji12.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Great post!  This must be what it feels like to have one-of-those breakthrough moments after spending years with a therapist! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

That’s all fine but remember saleh was one of those highly touted assistants when he took the job.  I suspect the jets will somehow mess up salehs launching by making the playoffs.

17 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I want the "regime" to die and the team to win.

9 hours ago, hawk said:

I will be excited to see what kellen Moore does in Philly.  If he has any intelligence, he has learned a lot at 35 and already several years as an oc.

He'll probably go undefeated against the Jets.

The only way the Jets possibly get one of those coaches is if they completely suck and have the first couple picks in the draft to grab a top quarterback. And that won’t happen. Even if Rogers doesn’t play well or gets hurt again, we will still find a way to win enough games to be out on the top QBs. This is most likely an eight or nine win team next year that will miss out on the playoffs and try to run it back again one last time with Rodgers and Saleh. 

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

The only way the Jets possibly get one of those coaches is if they completely suck and have the first couple picks in the draft to grab a top quarterback. And that won’t happen. Even if Rogers doesn’t play well or gets hurt again, we will still find a way to win enough games to be out on the top QBs. This is most likely an eight or nine win team next year that will miss out on the playoffs and try to run it back again one last time with Rodgers and Saleh

I just don't see this happening.  The "running it back" part after an 8 or 9 win year.  It ain't like sh*t's going to get better for Rodgers at 42 or whatever it is.  It's one thing to hope for a bounce-back after a down year, it's another to hope for a bounce-back after a down year, then missing an entire year to injury, then another down year.  If that happens, it's over.  Saleh is gone, JD is likely gone, Rodgers is gone.  

Saleh/Rodgers have to either win 11 games next year and/or make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for them to be back, IMO.

• Upvote 1