Even Saleh's assistant doesn't want to work for Saleh

lol yeah I dunno.  Maybe this does mean something....that's definitely possible.  I also know that if all these guys stayed, we'd be reading about how stupid this franchise is for running it back with the same staff.  We're officially in the "this team can do no right" portion of the offseason.  The draft can't come soon enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

lol yeah I dunno.  Maybe this does mean something....that's definitely possible.  I also know that if all these guys stayed, we'd be reading about how stupid this franchise is for running it back with the same staff.  We're officially in the "this team can do no right" portion of the offseason.  The draft can't come soon enough.

I agree with the larger point you're making but not the particulars.  Many of us (me included) are looking at most things Jets through the "this team can do no right" lens (though I'd argue we have every right to think that way!)  In terms of people complaining about "how stupid this franchise is for running it back with the same staff", I don't think anyone knew who these guys were in the first place. 

It sounds like you're a bit exasperated with the attitudes of your fellow Jet fans for thinking this way.  If that's accurate, I'd say the following: We're just reading the tea leaves here.  The fact that assistants to both JD and Saleh are leaving (and I think for lateral positions) seems like a bad sign of what's going on internally in the organization.  These guys are obviously "insiders", yet they want out.  They might not even blame Saleh and/or JD, btw.  They might just think the situation is set up to fail or maybe that Woody is a disaster and they'd better jump ship a year early rather than getting fired after next year and first have to start searching for a job.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with the larger point you're making but not the particulars.  Many of us (me included) are looking at most things Jets through the "this team can do no right" lens (though I'd argue we have every right to think that way!)  In terms of people complaining about "how stupid this franchise is for running it back with the same staff", I don't think anyone knew who these guys were in the first place. 

It sounds like you're a bit exasperated with the attitudes of your fellow Jet fans for thinking this way.  If that's accurate, I'd say the following: We're just reading the tea leaves here.  The fact that assistants to both JD and Saleh are leaving (and I think for lateral positions) seems like a bad sign of what's going on internally in the organization.  These guys are obviously "insiders", yet they want out.  They might not even blame Saleh and/or JD, btw.  They might just think the situation is set up to fail or maybe that Woody is a disaster and they'd better jump ship a year early rather than getting fired after next year and first have to start searching for a job.

These guys are following the old Branch Rickey theory,,, better to trade a guy one year early than one year too late.😎

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Trust me I get it.  This team hasn't given us any reason to be optimistic.  I just want to focus on the bigger things like free agency and the draft, so I'm not going to get worked up over some guys I didn't even know existed(like you said) leaving the organization.  Maybe it means something.  Maybe it doesn't.  It really doesn't matter to me.  Only thing that matters to me is winning football games.  

4 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

You guys are grasping at straws. Robert Saleh is a fair but demanding coach. He wants results and has high expectations. 

Do you think Aaron Rodgers would back him if he wasn’t a good coach? Aaron Rodgers knows more about football than just about anyone on earth . 

He might have high expectations and wants results, but he has proven he falls short of those expectations and his best result has 7 wins with multiple losing streaks. 2025 can't get here soon enough. 

• Upvote 1

Seven of New York's offensive assistants are leaving the organization this year.  So realistically what is the impact?  The O was offensive for most of the season with most of these guys who were abject failures based on the overall record.  I say good riddance.  Too bad Hackchet is not one of them... 

Only tight-end coach Ron Middleton is left as the lone holdover.   I recall, Woody stated that RS was going to focus on the O this year...how do any of us know that these changes were not orchestrated by RS under a mandate by Woody?  My point is , we do not know... 

That doen't mean speculating is wrong but frankly, IMHO its a waste of time. 

• Upvote 1

Seems like every one of these guys are taking better positions with other teams. That’s a sign of nothing. Most of these guys are in meaningless positions.

Ulbrich leaving would be a completely different story. 

12 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

So is it good or bad things are changing? 

What’s changing?  They’re rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  

Except more accurately, since they’re not backfilling the positions they’re losing…it’s more like they’re just throwing deck chairs overboard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Wait... we had this guy on the staff??
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_02/databank_generaldodonna_01_169_d3a64fe4.thumb.jpeg.e77ee691e911055b125960fb86dec6d4.jpeg
And... let him GO??

Yeah, this one's a pretty deep dive. +10 if ya get it.
Totally get it ... Super famous scene ... And made me laugh. Much funnier than using these tactitions, whose names rhymes but are nowhere as close ...you found a damn match!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7876519101a61340089145a06f81c891.jpg6928464d0651fcd70a7a6dada7dd7a1b.jpg
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL "results" and "high expectations"

18-33 career record

Aaron Rodgers, like most old guys, wants to be comfortable, and to do so in an environment he can control.

In his mind, I'm sure he thinks he is the ultimate talisman and that it doesn't really matter who the HC is as long he's on the field.

He sees Saleh as a pushover player's coach who will let him run the roost.

Yes because 8 plus hours of rehab everyday and coming back from Achilles faster than anyone ever is all comfort.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

You guys are grasping at straws. Robert Saleh is a fair but demanding coach. He wants results and has high expectations. 

Do you think Aaron Rodgers would back him if he wasn’t a good coach? Aaron Rodgers knows more about football than just about anyone on earth . 

This stuff was funny in a roll-your-eyes kind of way last summer when people were calling Rodgers an "intellect" who was going to take the New York media to school. It's just pathetic now.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What’s changing?  They’re rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  

Except more accurately, since they’re not backfilling the positions they’re losing…it’s more like they’re just throwing deck chairs overboard.

When there’s a mass exodus like this, typically the coach or the GM or someone would address what’s up. 

• Upvote 1

I was wracking my brain for the last time that I was this discouraged about the state of the team and I think it was the Gase hiring. The same sensation of knowing that we're gonna have to wait out a couple really bleak years before things might get interesting again. 

23 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL "results" and "high expectations"

18-33 career record

Aaron Rodgers, like most old guys, wants to be comfortable, and to do so in an environment he can control.

In his mind, I'm sure he thinks he is the ultimate talisman and that it doesn't really matter who the HC is as long he's on the field.

He sees Saleh as a pushover player's coach who will let him run the roost.

Agree 100%.  I remember a cut from Hard Knocks or maybe 1JD where Saleh tells Quinnen Williams that "the big guy" would be taking some snaps in a pre-season game.  Almost gagged when i heard it, can't be hero worshipping a guy you are supposed to be coaching.  Very bad omen.

• Upvote 2

Agree 100%.  I remember a cut from Hard Knocks or maybe 1JD where Saleh tells Quinnen Williams that "the big guy" would be taking some snaps in a pre-season game.  Almost gagged when i heard it, can't be hero worshipping a guy you are supposed to be coaching.  Very bad omen.
He just went through 2 season with a D3 level QB. I can't fault him for being giddy.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

When there’s a mass exodus like this, typically the coach or the GM or someone would address what’s up. 

Yep, for a legitimate organization.  Here, the HC is golfing, the GM is in the witness protection program, and the owner is drunkenly introducing his son and future sh*t owner to various celebrities.

• Haha 1

Yep, for a legitimate organization.  Here, the HC is golfing, the GM is in the witness protection program, and the owner is drunkenly introducing his son and future sh*t owner to various celebrities.
So it's not Wilson's fault but the coaches?