Marvin Harrison

23 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Skipping combine and pro day workouts . Think he'll fall in the draft?

Not a chance in hell...he knows there is no need to go to the combine or pro day workouts. His tapes speaks for itself and he can only hurt himself by attending. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

What is his reasoning?  I'm sure he won't drop but if I was picking and it was close between him and another player I valued I would really  think about it.

That he's the slam dunk consensus top non-QB in the draft and that there's no benefit to him in participating in drills.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That he's the slam dunk consensus top non-QB in the draft and that there's no benefit to him in participating in drills.

Except, it leaves folks wondering if there is an injury or some other issue the combine could expose and hurt his draft stock.

The body of evidence of his excellence is huge, but this is like the sales tactic of telling customers "You've seen enough to make a decision."  Most buyers don't like being told that, even if it's true.

2 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Skipping combine and pro day workouts . Think he'll fall in the draft?

He's doing that because he could only hurt his stock doing the work outs.  He doesn't need to prove anything else. He's locked in as the top non qb prospect in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Except, it leaves folks wondering if there is an injury or some other issue the combine could expose and hurt his draft stock.

The body of evidence of his excellence is huge, but this is like the sales tactic of telling customers "You've seen enough to make a decision."  Most buyers don't like being told that, even if it's true.

He's still going to the combine he's just not doing positional drills/workouts.

I'm sure some won't like it, but he has leverage. I'd be pretty shocked if he fell out of the top 5.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sure but what does it say about the person?   What are you afraid of?  What are you hiding?

Calvin Johnson was just going to show up at the combine and do nothing, once there being a competitor he decided to run so he borrowed a pair of shoes from someone and ran a 4.4 showing what kind of guy he was.

Will it affect his draft?  Probably not.  I like guys who do not skip their job interview.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What is his reasoning?  I'm sure he won't drop but if I was picking and it was close between him and another player I valued I would really  think about it.

Reasoning? He stands to gain nothing, zero, natta - by working out. Why would you? If I was his agent, I'd wouldn't let him. The last WR who stock was this cemented, was Calvin Johnson. he's no megatron but there no reason to go out running drills for television ratings. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Reasoning? He stands to gain nothing, zero, natta - by working out. Why would you? If I was his agent, I'd wouldn't let him. The last WR who stock was this cemented, was Calvin Johnson. he's no megatron but there no reason to go out running drills for television ratings. 

Where do you draw the line?

Should no QBs show up?  What line in the sand do you draw for a WR?  

Skip the bowl games, skip the combine, skip your pro day.

ARe you better than every one else?

Are you a team guy?

Are you going to be holding out for a new contract two years into your rookie deal?

Hey I graduated fro Harvard!  I don't have to interview with your company!