Jets releasing Laken Tomlinson, gain $8 mil in cap space

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And now they have to replace three starting OL slots, at least two of which will be veteran free agents, with the reviled Keith Carter as their OL coach. 

We're kinda fkd here, maybe they think AVT will be ready? Achilles injury for OL is not something that simple. If not we're looking for 4 new starters.

• Upvote 4

Kind of shocked and not because this wasn’t warranted but I just assumed Doulgas would double down on his durability and having someone back who has been on this OL for “consistency.” Nice job.

• Sign Cushenberry

• Move Tippmann to Guard

• Keep AVT at Guard

• Sign or trade for Cam Robinson

• Draft RT and have Carter Warren compete in camp for starting spot

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Kind of shocked and not because this wasn’t warranted but I just assumed Doulgas would double down on his durability and having someone back who has been on this OL for “consistency.” Nice job.

• Sign Cushenberry

• Move Tippmann to Guard

• Keep AVT at Guard

AVT assuming he’s healthy, is definitely playing tackle imo 

Just now, ElBarrioJets said:

The move made perfect sense when they signed him. Coming off a Pro Bowl season. Same system.

He just played like absolute sh*t. Pure bad luck. 

Pretty much.  Made perfect sense.  Great guy who fell off a cliff here.

• Upvote 1

I would move AVT back to LG which is his strongest position, sign either a center or a guard with Tippman playing whichever position we don’t sign. It looked to me like he was a better guard than center.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

• Sign Cushenberry

• Move Tippmann to Guard

• Keep AVT at Guard

I like this approach.  

29 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Thats what I call a OL guru

To be fair beckton and Vera Tucker got hurt and beckton finally being healthy was better this past year. 

But overall I agree. I hold Douglas personally responsible for depending on 37 year old Duane Brown coming off shoulder surgery. Absolutely ridiculous

Beckton and Brown should've been backup plans

i wonder how much of this is on Zach.

he has double the sack% of any QB who played for us the last 3 years. WRs like Lazard and Davis play pretty good and come here and fall off a cliff too. i guess we will know in 9 months if Rodgers can stay healthy. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

So this means he was not designated a post 6/1 cut and only saving $8M and not $13M.

It also means his $10M dead cap accelerates to this year.

I can't remember but I think you can designate someone a June first cut before June first. But you can't use the saved money until after June first, or you can split the savings over each fiscal year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i wonder how much of this is on Zach.

he has double the sack% of any QB who played for us the last 3 years. WRs like Lazard and Davis play pretty good and come here and fall off a cliff too. i guess we will know in 9 months if Rodgers can stay healthy. 

75% is Zach. Competent QB play makes olines look much better

Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have proven this 

• Upvote 3

This move and thread really shows how much work we need to do on the OL.

Given the OT depth, if Alt or Fashanu aren’t there at 10 then I really hope we trade down.

You can still get the same quality RT between picks 10-20 and can still pick up a LT in the 2nd who could sit behind whatever vet free agent we ultimately sign. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The move made perfect sense when they signed him. Coming off a Pro Bowl season. Same system.

He just played like absolute sh*t. Pure bad luck. 

He made that pro bowl next to Trent Williams 

Not bad luck 

Bad signing 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas has missed on the left tackle he drafted at 11 overall, the LG he gave $24 million to, the C he gave $27 million to, the other left tackle he gave $22 million to, and a passel of later round picks on the OL who have all been bad. It’s one thing to miss on draftees, but when you’re whiffing on high-dollar free agents, you have some serious pro personnel issues. At some point, Woody’s gonna notice the money being set on fire in front of him. 

Idzik and macc have a better record with o line draft picks and that's saying something.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And now they have to replace three starting OL slots, at least two of which will be veteran free agents, with the reviled Keith Carter as their OL coach. 

This team 100% deserves what is going to happen to it. I feel bad for the players.