Jets sign Tyron Smith

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Supposedly he wanted big money and the Chiefs were short-changing him. Interested to see what we paid. Any non-Bakhtiari signing is a huge win, but OL is still absolutely in play at 10

I suppose it is, but the pass catching group is so far and away the worst in the league that I just can’t see it.  I hope we go WR or Bowers at 10 and then trade up into the second for Penix. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Supposedly he wanted big money and the Chiefs were short-changing him. Interested to see what we paid. Any non-Bakhtiari signing is a huge win, but OL is still absolutely in play at 10

Absolutely 

Especially if there is a run on WRs 

I like the idea of trading down, but it depends who is there 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Absolutely 

Especially if there is a run on WRs 

I like the idea of trading down, but it depends who is there 

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

that would be about as dumb as picking an edge last season - so i guess you right they are capable of doing stupid things

One year......ONE year ...... ONE YEAR

If a guy like Alt falls into your lap you think long and hard about it.

Now odds are a weapon player will fall to us, but if the top wrs are gone then you think about it.   You now actually have options.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

depends on what they do at 10. If they trade down and land a 2nd, an offensive linemen should still be drafted with one of the first two picks. If drafting at 10, Rodgers should be getting a weapon.

It probably matters who is there. Odunze or Bowers (or obviously Nabers) is there, we take one of them. Otherwise trade down. Cincinnati looking to move up for Bowers is an option too. Maybe get Higgins in that deal ? Need a couple of WRs now so we will need to be creative. Probably can’t afford the WRs available in free agency, other than a low end option. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I’m shocked on this one. Where is a first round rookie getting plugged in? This staff doesn’t mind easing rookies in, but I’m not sure a tackle is on the table anymore in rd1.

WR or trade down in the 1st. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I suppose it is, but the pass catching group is so far and away the worst in the league that I just can’t see it.  I hope we go WR or Bowers at 10 and then trade up into the second for Penix. 

No idea what this signing does to the cap numbers, but there are still some WRers out there with 800 yard upside.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wowza.  Hello WR or Brock Bowers at 10.

Kuntz has tons more physical ability than Bowers.

Bigger, stronger, faster, a better blocker. Now Rodgers who I

never wanted as a QB, can be our TE coach. Developed Richard Rodgers

and Tonyan as receiving TEs. Middleton did sh!t developing Ruckert, Kuntz

and Yeboah as receivers. Draft Brian Thomas at 10. If a TE is added, I'd

rather add Theo Johnson than Bowers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

depends on what they do at 10. If they trade down and land a 2nd, an offensive linemen should still be drafted with one of the first two picks. If drafting at 10, Rodgers should be getting a weapon.

the jets window of opportunity is small here.  to fully take advantage of the 3 1st rounders and Breece hall rookie contracts they need to be bold here and go all in.  The whole thing will be blown up after next season anyway.

• Upvote 2