Draft Impact: What would you do now? (Poll)

Draft Impact: What would you do now?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. With the additions to the oline, would you:

• Draft OL?
    • Draft WR?
    • Draft TE? (for the Bowers contingent)
    • Draft QB?
    • Other (specify)

15 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

BPA out of the following positions WR, T, TE… maybe QB

TE out of the question. See @slats posts on this subject. Hes absolutely correct on taking a TE in round 1.  But I like you're being open to a QB in round 1. Really intrigued by Bo NIx.  Would JD have the cajones to take Nix at 10, especially with the needs at tackle and WR.  And also with having struck out horribly taking Zach at 2 and it being a complete waste.  I'd love to see it but the Zach effect all but eliminates that idea.  It could be done however.  We NEED to develop a QB.  Green Bay does it ALL the time and it works out great. You take Nix at 10. He sits for a couple years behind Rodgers. You sign Mike Williams and Corey Davis. You take a tackle in round 3 Armedgie from Yale and maybe another WR in round 4 Malik Washington. You move up late in round 4 since we moved back in the Moses trade and take Zinter.  Bo Nix will be the steal of the draft.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I would love a trade down, but i now believe plan A is rome or nabers.  If neither is there, then maybe they trade out.  They can always get a quality OL later, but playmakers are premium hard to get. 

Plus there's always a player or two that nobody thinks will be there when we pick, but they are. Take Jermain Johnson. Folks thought he'd go top 10, but there he was, slipping into the 20's. So even if we trade down, there's gonna be a ton of good players.

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The OL I’ve been into is Fautanu because he looks can’t-miss. Brugler, early on, said that he’d be the OL in this class that the Eagle would draft, which is what the Jets need. That was before he went out and killed it at the Combine. So, yeah, a little trade down would be nice. Maybe the Bengals or someone get the hots for Bowers and want to come up?

fauntanu showed at the combine that compared to all the others he had the best feet and skill in the drills. arm length , slide kick mirroring lateral moving all top.. only thing is that is not elite is his size and re'anchoring

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The OL I’ve been into is Fautanu because he looks can’t-miss. Brugler, early on, said that he’d be the OL in this class that the Eagle would draft, which is what the Jets need. That was before he went out and killed it at the Combine. So, yeah, a little trade down would be nice. Maybe the Bengals or someone get the hots for Bowers and want to come up?

Fautanu could also swing 4 positions on the line as a back up. Then become a primary starter.

I’m really wanting them to trade down and grab him and a WR. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Fautanu could also swing 4 positions on the line as a back up. Then become a primary starter.

That would be another very good option.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

fauntanu showed at the combine that compared to all the others he had the best feet and skill in the drills. arm length , slide kick mirroring lateral moving all top.. only thing is that is not elite is his size and re'anchoring

If the Jets go OL in round 1 i think it’s him.  They compare him to avt b/c of his versatility, and the jets could play him at guard to start and eventually move him to LT.  

15 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’d trade down

Who’s trading up to 10, and for what? Every year, far more teams want to trade down than up. Finding a suitor isn’t quite as easy. Pretty sure that’s the situation JD was in last year when he used every second on his first round clock. 

• Upvote 3

Who’s trading up to 10, and for what? Every year, far more teams want to trade down than up. Finding a suitor isn’t quite as easy. Pretty sure that’s the situation JD was in last year when he used every second on his first round clock. 
10 is prime trade up territory ... There will be some very good players that slide because of the QBs getting hyped up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

10 is prime trade up territory ... There will be some very good players that slide because of the QBs getting hyped up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I’ll file this one with Zach’s potential trade market. 

Sure, they’ll be plenty of good players there. Not nearly as many GMs willing to give up an extra pick or two to draft them, though. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

TE out of the question. See @slats posts on this subject. Hes absolutely correct on taking a TE in round 1.  But I like you're being open to a QB in round 1. Really intrigued by Bo NIx.  Would JD have the cajones to take Nix at 10, especially with the needs at tackle and WR.  And also with having struck out horribly taking Zach at 2 and it being a complete waste.  I'd love to see it but the Zach effect all but eliminates that idea.  It could be done however.  We NEED to develop a QB.  Green Bay does it ALL the time and it works out great. You take Nix at 10. He sits for a couple years behind Rodgers. You sign Mike Williams and Corey Davis. You take a tackle in round 3 Armedgie from Yale and maybe another WR in round 4 Malik Washington. You move up late in round 4 since we moved back in the Moses trade and take Zinter.  Bo Nix will be the steal of the draft.

Guys, bo nix stinks. Why are people glossing over how horrific he was in the SEC?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I personally want McCarthy or Penix rd two but I doubt even he'll be available rd 2. 

I've accepted that McCarthy isn't getting past 6 and unless we trade down we're not taking Penix at ten. 

Its pretty obvious we're going all in and that means pick ten must start. So I voted wr. 

Somehow someway Im hoping Douglas can figure out how to take Penix later on

I don’t get your username. I thought you were a Bills fan. 

48 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I am tempted by all the options but I think with Tyron only being a 1 year deal I am still going tackle at 10

I still think if an elite WR falls to us that would have to be a strong consideration.  But adding a high ceiling OL to the pipeline would be a very sound decision.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, slats said:

I think he tries to set himself up to go BAP whenever he can, and that he’s doing that again. I’m hoping for the WR. Unpopular opinion: I would not mind seeing Becton back as the swing tackle. 

This.

Of the “likely” positions of need still there at 10 I think you’re hoping for Nabers or Odunze but the idea clearly seems to be to take BPA.

TBH I don’t think taking an OT is crazy. We’re gonna need depth and most of the guys we just acquired aren’t long term answers.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, slats said:

Only way I can see a trade down happen is if an Alt, Nabers, or McCarthy fall and someone who simply loves them makes the move. But I think k those guys are all off the board before 10.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, slats said:

And yet every year, teams trade up.  Pittsburgh did it last year to get Jones.  There are always teams who want to get up and snag the last prime player at a certain position.  It all just depends on how the prior picks fall.  A player or two falls and teams will be willing to jump others to grab them.

• Upvote 1

The oline is far from fixed because they signed an older injury prone all pro LT and a OG that gave up 8 sacks last year. They still need to get more help on the oline but I’d pick a playmaker at 10. If Rodgers has someone to get the ball to it will obviously help the oline out. 

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The oline is far from fixed because they signed an older injury prone all pro LT and a OG that gave up 8 sacks last year. They still need to get more help on the oline but I’d pick a playmaker at 10. If Rodgers has someone to get the ball to it will obviously help the oline out. 

It’s much easier to find a quality OL in round 3 than a true playmaker.  That 10 spot should be for a guy who scores touchdowns

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, slats said:

I bet lots of teams would probably trade back if they could.

I just think this year between picks 8-16 is an area you can get a lot of teams moving up for QBs 3-5 (Penix/McCarthy) and a target area for teams to drop out of the top 5. 

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

You right he sucks 

Sam darnold looked so good playing in the pac12 there was a "suck for sam" he's generational talent movement.

Now go look at his tape from auburn. He stunk. STUNK. Stunk so bad he knew his only hope was to transfer to where the competition level would make him draftable. 

It's not just nix. I don't really think any qb other than williams or daniels is a 1st rd prospect.

16 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Penix at 10

I guess to each their own but when I’m engaging in these speculative threads, I find the options that are possible or -even better!- probable to be far more interesting than someone’s random wishlist item that has roughly 0% chance of ever happening. 

• Upvote 1

I think Odunze should be the choice if they stick at ten.  I think it would be great if they could trade back a few spots and pick up a second or third.  Then they would still be able to draft one of the top wrs and pick up a good backup tackle or even guard.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, I think the addition of Reddick makes us more likely to go oline at 10. No doubt, this is a championship caliber defense, and I still think they gonna add a veteran safety.

The ONLY thing that can totally derail this train is another oline collapse and subsequent Rodgers injury. You keep Rodgers upright all 17 games, this is a superbowl caliber defense come playoff time.

Not having Brock Bowers isn't the reason the season can fall apart. However, not having a high quality backup for tyron smith IS a reason the season can fall apart. 100% OT all the way, let's go!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

For the record, I think the addition of Reddick makes us more likely to go oline at 10. No doubt, this is a championship caliber defense, and I still think they gonna add a veteran safety.

The ONLY thing that can totally derail this train is another oline collapse and subsequent Rodgers injury. You keep Rodgers upright all 17 games, this is a superbowl caliber defense come playoff time.

Not having Brock Bowers isn't the reason the season can fall apart. However, not having a high quality backup for tyron smith IS a reason the season can fall apart. 100% OT all the way, let's go!

a rookie OL who will be a back up is not going to make or break you either.  They should add VET OL help for that and try to get the best playmaker in the draft