Draft Impact: What would you do now? (Poll)

Draft Impact: What would you do now?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. With the additions to the oline, would you:

• Draft OL?
    • Draft WR?
    • Draft TE? (for the Bowers contingent)
    • Draft QB?
    • Other (specify)

Now that the oline actually has some talent with these new additions, what would you like to see them do at 10 (assuming no trade down)?

I'm still 100% taking an OT. You have 2 good OTs now who are both on 1 years deals. Let's assume they actually both stay healthy and ball out, you still need someone waiting in the wings to protect Rodgers next year or you're right back in the same mess. Throw in smith's injury history, yeah, I'm still taking OT. 

• Upvote 3

I think he tries to set himself up to go BAP whenever he can, and that he’s doing that again. I’m hoping for the WR. Unpopular opinion: I would not mind seeing Becton back as the swing tackle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I think he tries to set himself up to go BAP whenever he can, and that he’s doing that again. I’m hoping for the WR. Unpopular opinion: I would not mind seeing Becton back as the swing tackle. 

I think if rome is there at 10 he will be the pick, he’s exactly what this team needs.  Plan B would be to trade out and get a 2nd rounder, but then what they do becomes less clear.  I do think qb in round 2 is in play. 

They have plenty of options now.

They can take another offensive tackle for insurance. Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015, and only signed a 1 year deal. AVT is coming off back to back injury plagued seasons. 

They can draft a receiving threat like Brock Bowers.

Or they can trade back, maybe recoup the 2nd round pick they lost in the Rodgers trade, still take an offensive lineman like Mims, and have more draft ammo to use. If the Jets are sitting at 10 and a QB teams want like McCarthy or even Penix are sitting there still, things could get interesting.

If I had to pick I would say take Brock Bowers at 10 if he is there. If he isn't, take Fuaga or Fautanu (assuming Alt and Fashanu are gone)

I was already all in on a player maker at 10 because the LT's in this draft are so meh and now that feeling is even stronger.  Whoever they have highest on their board and is available at 10; Nabers, Odunze or Bowers, sign me up!  If I were a gambling man, my money would be on Bowers. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I do think qb in round 2 is in play. 

I think that you really, really want them to draft a QB high but that there’s still probably about a 0% chance that they do. They need to win now and that means surrounding Rodgers with playmakers, not using premium resources on what would likely be the third-string QB this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I think that you really, really want them to draft a QB high but that there’s still probably about a 0% chance that they do. They need to win now and that means surrounding Rodgers with playmakers, not using premium resources on what would likely be the third-string QB this year. 

I think there’s a chance they use 2025 draft picks to move up from 3 to bring in a guy so they’re not in the same situation they were last year.  

I personally want McCarthy or Penix rd two but I doubt even he'll be available rd 2. 

I've accepted that McCarthy isn't getting past 6 and unless we trade down we're not taking Penix at ten. 

Its pretty obvious we're going all in and that means pick ten must start. So I voted wr. 

Somehow someway Im hoping Douglas can figure out how to take Penix later on

Just now, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I personally want McCarthy or Penix rd two but I doubt even he'll be available rd 2. 

I've accepted that McCarthy isn't getting past 6 and unless we trade down we're not taking Penix at ten. 

Its pretty obvious we're going all in and that means pick ten must start. So I voted wr. 

Somehow someway Im hoping Douglas can figure out how to take Penix later on

I think nix and penix both make it to round 2.  But likely you will have teams like, say, the giants, who if they don’t go qb in round 1, have a good shot at those guys. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Looks to me like they are hoping to take BPA or possible trading back into the 2nd if the opportunity arises. 

I know we talk about trading back every year but I think this year it’s a better possibility after the moves we made.  We can still get another OL but have more picks as well. Maybe a QB slides and a team is desperate.  We’re in a pretty good spot we have options at least 

• Upvote 1

Tough call. The signing of Smith and Moses to just one year deals screams win now and would lead me to believe that JD will look at WR. Salah will want the best defensive player on the board. Hopefully JD wins out

If it were me making the call I would still go tackle at 10 or look to trade down. Build from the inside out. OL DL first WR QB second

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, slats said:

For the right price I think that would be a great idea. He has played both tackle positions and while not great, he is serviceable as a short term replacement.

Other:  Always trade down, inside the top 15, IMO.  It is a lot cheaper to move up later in round 1, and especially later rounds.

That said, the concensus on Bowers would be a fun addition, and most likely makes Conklin expendable and will save mucho money.   

If Harrison, Alt,  Nabers are available I would take one of them in that order. If not, I would explore a trade down to get a later first and a second. If no trade was available I would go Odunze, Fashanu in that order.

• Upvote 1

I hate the fact that I am saying this, but I would pick a wide receiver if one of the top 3 receivers is available at #10.

I still think the Jets desperately need to get an offensive tackle in the first round, because both of our new tackles are on a 1 year deal, and what in heck do we do next year?

The best think that could happen is that we get Mike Williams as our wide receiver on a 2 year deal, and still draft a tackle.

But as things stand right now, we must have a wide receiver to play opposite Wilson.

• Post of the Week 1

i think he is willing to draft one of these 3 players at #10

Odunze
Bowers
Fashanu

one of them will be there and i think he will take them. I think the preference will be to take Odunze because the cost of free agent WRs is just extraordinary at this point. 

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

i think he is willing to drafty one of these 3 players:

Odunze
Bowers
Fashanu

one of them will be there and i think he will take them. I think the preference will be to take Odunze because the cost of free agent WRs is just extraordinary at this point. 

You just can’t get really good wrs unless you give up a ton.  So you may as well draft them.  I agree, if rome is there at 10 he’s the guy.  And with the bears getting a wr, that may well be the difference between rome getting to 10.  

I picked Bowers but mainly because there’s a good chance none of the top 3 WRs will be there. If one of them is, that would be my preference. My board at 10 would be, in order:

1. Odunze or Nabers

2. Maye or Daniels if one falls

3.  Bowers

4. Trade down

5.  Just say **** it and take BTJ at 10

6. Fautanu 

If Alt or the Penn State LT are there and they feel they are franchise left tackles, you still have to take one.  But with the price on these WR's in free agency and the need for another WR opposite Garrett, i think we take a WR.  It pains me to think of our WR room if Garrett were to get injured. 

1 minute ago, Jetpain said:

If Alt or the Penn State LT are there and they feel they are franchise left tackles, you still have to take one.  But with the price on these WR's in free agency and the need for another WR opposite Garrett, i think we take a WR.  It pains me to think of our WR room if Garrett were to get injured. 

this is just it. the way the league is today you have to draft wrs or pay a metric asston of money to get one in free agency. the price of getting a guy like calvin ridley, who is good but not elite is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

The ideal situation is what we’ve mostly done. And that’s where what we need isn’t so obvious that we don’t have options.

For me now I do lean more to WR or Bowers at 10. Reason being is they would actually play right away. Where let’s say we go OL. They’re not starting over smith and Moses

And let’s not forget that we actually haven’t done anything at WR yet and are looking to trade Lazard. We might very well need 3 WRs brought in

Would love to trade down, recoup a 2nd rounder and still take an offensive tackle with one of those two picks.

Interested to learn more about Tyler Guyton and Kiran Amegadjie, as with Tyron, Moses and Warren, I feel less pressured to take day one starter.

Also have to learn more about guys like Adonai Mitchell, Bryan Thomas and the rest of the "outside the top 3 receivers, but still good prospects" crowd.

Really need to see what happens with Mike Williams.  They absolutely must get a #2 receiver that can step in and make an impact day 1.  The wrs on this team are trash, obviously GW being the exception. I think if one of the top 4 receivers are there at 10, you grab him.  Next option bowers if available.  If none of those options are available, I think you trade back if you can.  With the guys that we've picked up in free agency, I would rather not go oline at 10.  Second or third round? Definitely.