Saleh speaks

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

No matter what Saleh says he'll get sh*t from this fanbase.

And 18-33 record tends to have that effect.

Being a walking cliché machine doesn't help.

Leading one of the more penalized teams over his tenure, also not a positive.

Generally, most coaches with his resume wouldn't be a Head Coach at this point, so at least he has that going for him.

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

He doesn't fit in with the "regular guy" Jets fans. Bill Parcells would never run stairs. He'd order a pizza and smash a six pack of beer while watching game film. 

Oh, yeah, that's totally it.  Not that other stuff like record or penalties or horrible decisions at QB or all the hot air or endless golf outings.  

It's that he's "not a regular guy", whatever that means in this context (although I have a feeling I know what you're implying here).

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And 18-33 record tends to have that effect.

Being a walking cliché machine doesn't help.

Leading one of the more penalized teams over his tenure, also not a positive.

Generally, most coaches with his resume wouldn't be a Head Coach at this point, so at least he has that going for him.

Oh, yeah, that's totally it.  Not that other stuff like record or penalties or horrible decisions at QB or all the hot air or endless golf outings.  

It's that he's "not a regular guy", whatever that means in this context (although I have a feeling I know what you're implying here).

I just want to see what a Saleh team can do with a stable offense and decent quarterback play.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Leading one of the more penalized teams over his tenure, also not a positive

last year we were the most penalized team on offense. but his first 2 years we were 15th least each year on offense. could be the OL injuries had to do with the jump from 15th to worst.

on Defense we were the 9th least penalized team last year. 12th in 2022 and 2nd least in penalties in 2021

we are far from the most penalized team in the league during his tenure. i know watching every game we think that nobody else gets penalties or at the worst times like we do. but its not true. everybody gets penalties and it looks like alot more than us over 3 years.

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

No matter what Saleh says he'll get sh*t from this fanbase. He doesn't fit in with the "regular guy" Jets fans. Bill Parcells would never run stairs. He'd order a pizza and smash a six pack of beer while watching game film. 

He should have watched some more game film on John Elway before blow a double digit lead in the Championship game to him.

Should have also run stairs in Dallas because the game film didn't help him there at all.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I just want to see what a Saleh team can do with a stable offense and decent quarterback play.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I just want to win, and not have to hear excuses year after year.

Yes & Yes 👍

• Upvote 1

Would be so Jet-like if the over-celebrated wins over the pathetic Giants and Bailey Zappe end up costing them MHJ, Alt, and Nabers and then they take Bowers or an OT or whoever and that player busts.

Bobby Saleh has yet to eclipse Gase’s best season in NY of 7-9, which was accomplished with laughable talent:

Jamal freaking Adams was the most recognizable name on that Jets team, the biggest difference maker 🤣

14 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

No matter what Saleh says he'll get sh*t from this fanbase. He doesn't fit in with the "regular guy" Jets fans. Bill Parcells would never run stairs. He'd order a pizza and smash a six pack of beer while watching game film. 

You know what will solve the problem?   Win F****** games.

• Post of the Week 1

Watched the entire press conference.  Continue to be embarrassed by the quality of questions asked by the NY area media members who all think they know more about football than the people that do it for a living.  I give Saleh a lot of credit for not just bursting out laughing at some of the questions (with Rodgers hurt last year and Tyrod with an injury history, do you think you need another veteran QB?).  Some reporters with very obnoxious attitudes, almost defiant with their questioning (Connor Hughes).  My issue is with media members who are trying to create a story rather than reporting the story.  Some good nuggets though thanks to the reporters who asked quality questions rather than the ones just trying to push their own agenda.  We all like to believe that the NY media is amongst the best in the country.  Based on what I've seen, heard, and read,, that's not quite the case.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Larz said:

IMG_8627.png

IMG_8628.png

IMG_8629.png

Men dyeing their hair is the height of vanity. Beard thing, totally different level of narcisism. Saleh looks like shoe polish. And sends a mesage to EVERYBODY he's a total superficial fraud. Doug Pederson in front of him has a Super Bowl ring and doesn't give a f___ about going snow white. 

• WTF? 1