Scouts take on Brock Bowers - merged

16 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Teams don’t have to trade with us just because we’re willing to give up the nominal value — what if the Bears want Oduzne ?

Of course that is a strong possibility, but you still make the call. 

22 minutes ago, Barkus said:

You would have to move two spots to get in front of Chicago I would guess. Interesting if jets would pass on Alt.

I would think if they could get either one, with the mandate to win this year, it’s a no brainer to take Rome. 

23 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m with everyone. I find it very difficult to imagine Douglas taking an H-back over Alt. 

If he does that and then Tyron gets hurt and the OL suffers, that’s it, douglas can’t survive that.  Surely he must know this. 

• Upvote 2

Passing on Alt will have the “we need 8 OT” Jets fans up in arms.

Not getting a WR, will have that group of Jets fans ready to revolt.

There are Bowers fans. But got to imagine around 50-80% of Jets will not be happy.

Going to be a fun day.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

There are Bowers fans. But got to imagine around 50-80% of Jets will not be happy.

Going to be a fun day.

Jets can just take a DT and unite all the factions in fury.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Going to be a fun day.

I say to the non Bowers people what my gf says to me every time she wants to make whoopie: “Trust me, you’re gonna like it.”

• Haha 1

If Alt is still on the board at 10, he probably would be the pick. I know JD needs to win this year and Bowers may provide a more immediate impact, but I still have a hard time believing that he would pick Bowers over Alt.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Alt is still on the board at 10, he probably would be the pick. I know JD needs to win this year and Bowers may provide a more immediate impact, but I still have a hard time believing that he would pick Bowers over Alt.

Yet if he does, it tells you everything you need to know about his job security and how they’ve abandoned solid team construction

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Beerfish loving that Chargers pick! :) 

Who the hell is Peter Schrager. That nerd has an F- rating in trades on Madden. He has to be one of the most un-athletic looking clowns who doesn’t know his azz from his elbow. This moron actually posted this mock! Titans will trade out at 7 and Alt will be there at 10 and we’d pass on Alt? How does this fart face even have a job in sports journalism? Good laugh to start the morning on Draft Day 2024.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Who the hell is Peter Schrager. That nerd has an F- rating in trades on Madden. He has to be one of the most un-athletic looking clowns who doesn’t know his azz from his elbow. This moron actually posted this mock! Titans will trade out at 7 and Alt will be there at 10 and we’d pass on Alt? How does this fart face even have a job in sports journalism? Good laugh to start the morning on Draft Day 2024.

These were his last few jet mocks

IMG_9237.png

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Not sure my tv would survive the draft if we took Bowers with Alt still on the board 

If that actually ever happened I’d hunt Schrager down and beat him with a down pillow for ever suggesting such a thing. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So keeping Rodgers safe for at least 5 plays into the season doesn’t provide an immediate impact? Think! think! think!

Bowers over Alt???

Just had a vision of us making the playoff's but at the expense of losing LT Smith... 

Just had another vision of us making the playoff's but at the expense of losing TE Conklin...

Weighing those 2 situations, while looking at our backup options for both positions,  in an all in year,  I think the answer is obvious 

59 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m with everyone. I find it very difficult to imagine Douglas taking an H-back over Alt. 

Especially with no second rounder and you would still need a tackle and a WR

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

These were his last few jet mocks

IMG_9237.png

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Those ‘picks’ weren’t rocket science but rather pretty obvious selections other than the 2024 pick which only a buffoon like Schrager would make. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Get the new LG OLED EVO then, the picture is amazing.

I have an older LG OLED. Great effin picture but it suffered burn in images after 9 months. Was replaced and now 4 years later it’s happened again. BUMMER. I hear the new ones are better though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Bowers over Alt???

Just had a vision of us making the playoff's but at the expense of losing LT Smith... 

Just had another vision of us making the playoff's but at the expense of losing TE Conklin...

Weighing those 2 situations, while looking at our backup options for both positions,  in an all in year,  I think the answer is obvious 

An edge?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lot of late momentum for Latham to the Chargers.  If the Jets take Bowers over Alt I will be pissed. 

Never happen. Not in a million years.

I have a little more faith in JD then that.

• Upvote 2

• slats changed the title to Scouts take on Brock Bowers - merged