Dane Brugler 7-Round Mock

Not the biggest fan of Brugler but he seems to be a respected (or maybe just well known) draftnik.  Here's what he's got for the Jets.

click the link to check out every pick. theathletic.com/5418352/2024/0

His @Jets picks:

10: TE Brock Bowers

72: S Tyler Nubin

111: WR Malik Washington

134: DL Gabe Hall

185: QB Devin Leary

256: OL C.J. Hanson (Holy Cross)

257: RB Dillon Johnson

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SR24 said:

That backup OL will be a starter by week 4. Idk why people think AVT/Smith and Moses are locks to be healthy given their histories. I also don’t know what everyone sees in Mitchell and Warren to think they can be adequate subs in a win now season. Bahktiari has played 13 games in 3 seasons, he’s not a viable option either. OL is the smartest pick they can make it’s just boring 

Well Moses has missed 4 games in his entire career and played with the pec injury and it’s supposed to be good to go for the season. 

You don’t think we can sign someone to fill in that won’t be a turnstile? There’s a thread on this very site about how the difference between a top five OT and a bottom 5 OT is like 1.3 pressures a game. Will your drafted OT be automatically top 5 and whoever you would have  gotten to fill in be bottom five? Or somewhere in between?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well Moses has missed 4 games in his entire career and played with the pec injury and it’s supposed to be good to go for the season. 

You don’t think we can sign someone to fill in that won’t be a turnstile? There’s a thread on this very site about how the difference between a top five OT and a bottom 5 OT is like 1.3 pressures a game. Will your drafted OT be automatically top 5 and whoever you would have  gotten to fill in be bottom five? Or somewhere in between?

I should start by saying my preference at 10 is Fautanu/Fuaga because they both can go inside if need be especially Fautanu. I don’t want to spend 10 on a guy who can ONLY play LT. I really don’t think there’s anyone that we can sign that can come in and be a turnstile at this point. I think there are more viable options at pass catcher still available  than OL.  Give me Fautanu at 10, a WR at 72 and then Boyd/Chark in free agency. It’s not sexy but I think something like that would take the team further than Bowers and a free agent/late pick OL piece 

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, varjet said:

I can’t pull it up.  Realistically, what OL are available within 10 picks below the Jets’ third round pick?

Ja’Lynn Polk goes one pick after the Jets take Nubin. Soon after that, Rosengarten, Blake Fisher, and Kiran Amedigije are taken. 

Jets are weak at S and do have to take one in the draft, he may have done this before we resigned A Davis.   We should not take one in the 3rd round but it would not surprise me at all knowing Douglas.  

Malik Washington and Leary are good picks. Bowers may end up being our top choice depending how things fall.

• Upvote 1

Jets biggest draft needs in order…..

defensive end, defensive tackle, safety, linebacker, tight end, Defensive tackle, defensive end. 

quinnen williams will be a free agent in 4 years. Time to find his replacement now so he can develop…

this is an offensive league so we must combat that by having a top 32 defense.

The offense will be fine. Also top 32 imo.  Aaron rodgers loves Allan Lazard and he will have a 2k yard season this year. Don’t waste a high pick on a wr. We don’t need WRs or olineman. Olineman are not important. Gimme some dts

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

That backup OL will be a starter by week 4. Idk why people think AVT/Smith and Moses are locks to be healthy given their histories. I also don’t know what everyone sees in Mitchell and Warren to think they can be adequate subs in a win now season. Bahktiari has played 13 games in 3 seasons, he’s not a viable option either. OL is the smartest pick they can make it’s just boring 

Please elaborate on Moses’ injury history?

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not the biggest fan of Brugler but he seems to be a respected (or maybe just well known) draftnik.  Here's what he's got for the Jets.

click the link to check out every pick. https://theathletic.com/5418352/2024/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-2024-full-seven-rounds-dane-brugler/

His @Jets picks:

10: TE Brock Bowers

72: S Tyler Nubin

111: WR Malik Washington

134: DL Gabe Hall

185: QB Devin Leary

256: OL C.J. Hanson (Holy Cross)

257: RB Dillon Johnson

It's amazing to me how these so called experts have no clue how much the Jets need an Offensive Tackle!

13 hours ago, SR24 said:

Was Becton a smart pick?  OT bust just as much as QB's do.  I'm taking a playmaker all day.  Hopefully one of the 3 WR's drop but if not take Bowers. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What’s funny about Bowers is that when these really, really good and smart draft bros explain their mocks, they come up with a bunch of reasons why their personal favorite teams aren’t a “good fit” for him. They go on and on about how great Bowers is—he’s Brugler’s fifth overall player—but he won’t fit in Chicago because of the great Cole Kmet? Chargers have literally nothing at tight end. Giants where Darren Waller is probably retiring? Pitts has been a bust, but Atlanta? What about a team like the Jaguars coming up? Hell no. But the Jets, whom they all don’t like, oh hell yeah man. Sure. A nice spot to dump this highly rated player whom they need to shoehorn into the top ten. 

Holy sh*t man, the lengths you're going to lead the anti-Bowers pack is next ******* level.  You are really setting the pace here and it makes me want this to happen so much more than ever.  Mostly because it will make you irate but also because your stance means Bowers is bound be a homerun at the next level.  You're the absolute worst at this sh*t.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Take Odunze in 1st and Washington in the 3rd. Sign some OL depth in free agency.

If we land Odunze in round 1, I'd prefer an OL in the 3rd, but I wouldn't be mad at this at all. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If we land Odunze in round 1, I'd prefer an OL in the 3rd, but I wouldn't be mad at this at all. 

In theory yes, but I think the quality of OT in the 3rd is backup/developmental types where the WRs are starter quality in the 3rd.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SR24 said:

I suppose they may be counting on Warren or Mitchell to be adequate back ups.  Maybe so but I know I’d feel better with a top oline guy if only to e next years starter.  Of course bowers might help them reduce the passing time so the oline doesn’t always have to be great.