****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Completely wrong. Rosengarten, Amegadije, Paul, suamataia... there's still very good tackles left out there

Most of them probably won't make it out of the 2nd round and are considered a tier (or 2) below Olu.

I'm interested to see how the Jets trade down played out.

My guess: Jets got an offer from Denver to trade up for McCarthy. JD contacted the Vikes and said if you want McCarthy, you need to beat Denver's offer, swap picks with us, or you will miss out on your guy.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m seeing that Deebo is more likely to be traded than Aiyuk. Tee Higgins may be available too.

I think Deebo costs the Niners money to move because he has two years left. Bengals aren’t letting Higgins out until next year.

I'd bet on BUF to take Ladd McConkey tomorrow.  He's fast and one of the last of the tier 2 WRs.  Not a terrible outcome after sliding down so much honestly.  

That still leaves a few pretty interesting names like Mitchell, Franklin, Wilson, and Coleman.  All probably gone too early for us, but there will be a guy for us in late-2, early-3.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'd bet on BUF to take Ladd McConkey tomorrow.  He's fast and the last of the tier 2 WRs.  Not a terrible outcome after sliding down so much honestly.  

That would be a good pick. Allen would love that kid. He's super slippery/quick out of breaks. Impossible to cover in the slot.  

It’s not like the Bills are stockpiling picks. The trade with the panthers was a swap of a 6th for a 5th. That’s crap. 

The pick with the Bills giving the Chiefs their guy and losing 4 spots in the draft, for a pick swap 4th/3rd. Another dumb move  love it  

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Or Debo. Perplexing pick because pretty much means 1 of them are gone. Not enough balls nor  cap $ for 3 WRs, Kittle and CMC. 

Deebo aint going anywhere. Ayuk is good but he is no Deebo.  

15 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Most of them probably won't make it out of the 2nd round and are considered a tier (or 2) below Olu.

Obviously the guys who would be available in round 3 are tiers below the guy taken at 11. The gap between Odunze and Roman Wilson is also pretty huge. But this is a deep draft at both WR and OT. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Fuaga not a sexy pick, but a smart one.  Arguably the second best OT in the draft behind Alt who I figured to wind up going in the top 5. 

We'll be loving the pick when Tyron goes out due to injury.

The Jets picked Fashanu. But ok.