****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He gets a good wr tomorrow and this is a win draft on paper already.  He did right tonight by getting the quality tackle.  

Agreed.  Getting a talented OT and WR were the 2 most pressing needs we had.  And there are still plenty of WRs left to be gotten, plus we have extra ammo to get them.  Very well played by JD.  I really just hope AVT can recover and be his old self.  That would give us 3 cornerstones on the OL (Olu and Tippman).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

i think fashanu plays like 6-8 games this year at both OT positions

Plus the jets can play him parts of games if they’re up or down big.  Have him play the 4th quarter sometimes.  Or give Tyron a rest in a series.  He’s going to play . 

• Upvote 2

Goodell trying to make this an endless TV variety show spectacular  has killed the golden goose. As if the football part wasn't enough. That's your product, football, Mel Kiper and draftniks, not....all....this......what ever this bvllsheet is. 

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Lol 

A team with Davante Adams, Jacobi Meyers and a TE they took in the first round LAST YEAR still took him. He’s that good. 

He's good. No doubt but they are numbskulls to take 2 TE's in 1st round in back to back years.Thats just beyond imbecilic.  They should have traded up to get Nix or McBust. Thats is as bad a pick as JD taking McDuck last year.

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Could Fashanu play LG to start and the move to LT in 2025? I know he's more a pure LT. But got to imagine he is still better at LG than Simpson.

Didn't hurt Jon Ogden to do it.

I hope for the best, but realistically, one of the tackles will miss a few games.

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

He's good. No doubt but they are numbskulls to take 2 TE's in 1st round in back to back years.Thats just beyond imbecilic.  They should have traded up to get Nix or McBust. Thats is as bad a pick as JD taking McDuck last year.

I don’t disagree. NO was the better spot for him or the Colts

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Nothing.

You and I should run a clinic on “How To Predict Things, Incorrectly.”

I imagine we would make a fortune.

I actually thought there wouldnt be any trades through10. And I was right. .Just didnt see the Penix pick at 8. That was mind blowing. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Goodell trying to make this an endless TV variety show spectacular  has killed the golden goose. As if the football part wasn't enough. That's your product, football, Mel Kiper and draftniks, not....all....this......what ever this bvllsheet is. 

I want more Kiper, not Booger and the rest.  Just let Kiper talk.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Lol 

A team with Davante Adams, Jacobi Meyers and a TE they took in the first round LAST YEAR still took him. He’s that good. 

Yes because the raiders are a model of good decision making 

• Haha 3

One good thing about going OT before WR is that there are still about 12 Tier 2 WRs available. We have a good chance of getting one those. The 2nd Tier OT are going to be all gone soon. The run on OT is real. Teams are desperate for OL help.

• Upvote 3

Just now, GreenFish said:

One good thing about going OT before WR is that there are still 12 Tier 2 WRs available. We have a good chance of getting one those. The 2nd Tier OT are going to be all gone soon. The run on OT is real. Teams are desperate for OL help.

Exactly. Fashanu and the wr they hopefully trade up for is better than rome and the worse tackle prospect they may or may not even have sniffed tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2