**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

Just now, jetsfan4life72 said:

He seemed off the entire game.  Is he mad he doesn't have stats after 3 weeks?  Even after he scored his TD he kind of stormed off the field.

Jen stormed off bc he was pissed he didn’t get in the play before. Hes a competitor 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Reddick's presumed leverage just went up in flames.  Granted, it was a pathetic OLine we just feasted on, but still...they got there...a lot.

I don't have the snap counts but I think Clemons played less tonight, and the line looked great.  He should not be starting and I still think they messed him up adding ~20 lbs last offseason.  I know the Pats OL sucks but I'm not used to us taking advantage of injuries.

Just now, PS17 said:

No, I’m thrilled. His body language was off and I’m curious about it. 

Nothing wrong with a player feeling like they could do more. He had a top 3 CB on him all day. Unfortunately for him it goes to Surtain next week.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

Imagine a healthy JJ and Reddick.

I'm glad McDonald is getting time to develop.  He's showing he can start.

The ironic thing with reddick is if he showed up and played with this defense his free agent stock would be rising.

even if he wasn’t getting sacks he would be around the qb on most plays

still don’t get it but maybe this motivates him to get on the phone with his agent

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

Yes but he looked pissed off the entire night.  0-0, 21-3, it didn't matter.  I don't think he had such poor body language for an entire game with Zach. 

It seemed clear to me that Rodgers was getting him that TD no matter what.  It was a shame Rodgers underthrew him late in the game for a chunk play but it is what it is.  The last thing this team needs right now is more drama.  Hopefully this will get resolved this week and we can get back to smacking weak teams around.

• Upvote 2

Excellent game!  I hope that Moses is OK and not hurt too seriously!  There are still some things to clean up, like two more forced TOs because Hackett isn't getting the plays in or Rodgers is having to change things, and picking up those run blitzes.  But Rodgers was hot spreading the ball around, was mobile, looking almost spry, the run D was better, and they were able to run the ball.  I was hoping for a shutout, but am glad that they didn't allow but 3 points.

• Upvote 1

Someone who knows football better than me: do you think they definitely worked all week on getting the tight ends involved, or do you think that’s just what the particular defenses left open as an option to Rodgers? It sure seemed like there were constantly good, last option routes for Rucker and Conklin that 8 could use to move the chains.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

He seemed off the entire game.  Is he mad he doesn't have stats after 3 weeks?  Even after he scored his TD he kind of stormed off the field.

He misses Zach Wilson forcing the ball to him 15 times a game.

Rodgers is going to throw it to the open guy. Simple as that.

• Post of the Week 1

We beat NE the way SF beat us. DOMINATE the clock and make the them play desperate.

This was a statement win. That this is our team IMO. And now we’re feared. DEN gonna get crushed.
There was a graphic in the 3rd qtr... we had the ball for more than 10 minutes in each of the first 3 quarters

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I love this man

I thought I saw a fair amount of single coverage on GW.  Maybe I missed Safeties from the camera angles.  Rodgers did miss GW low on that last pass attempt.  That was unfortunate.  GW was the only game in town last two years.  Now there are more guys who can catch the ball with a good QB dishing.  He'll get his soon.

Offence is way ahead of where I thought it would be. Defence finally showing back up tonight. Great performance, could have won by more.

Watching Rodgers is just a joy. Bizarre as a Jets fan to see competence and command at the position. Looked more mobile tonight as well. He’s getting into it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Offence is way ahead of where I thought it would be. Defence finally showing back up tonight. Great performance, could have won by more.

Watching Rodgers is just a joy. Bizarre as a Jets fan to see competence and command at the position. Looked more mobile tonight as well. He’s getting into it.

Go to work! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Really?  When was this and is there a link with a replay?  She's hilarious.

In the post game. She quickly insulted the panel and got to the game. Some good lines about Rodgers pushing Saleh because he confused him for a family member. Pretty good stuff. Seemed to say that she’d dated Rodgers at some point… lucky guy.

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Him and Aaron aren’t on the same page. It’ll take time 

GW doing a nice impression of Elijah Moore. This is not good. He's acting like a lil biatch.  Obviously wants the  offense to spin around him.  Probably senses he wont get that big payday w/o having the numbers/stats to warrant it.  Saleh and Rodgers need to sit that child down. Maybe bring Chad in to have a talk with him as well.  CHILD PLEASE!

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

GW doing a nice impression of Elijah Moore. This is not good. He's acting like a lil biatch.  Obviously wants the  offense to spin around him.  Probably senses he wont get that big payday w/o having the numbers/stats to warrant it.  Saleh and Rodgers need to sit that child down. Maybe bring Chad in to have a talk with him as well.  CHILD PLEASE!

Damn, that escalated quickly, 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You are really exaggerating here. Wilson is a competitor and Rodgers as missed him wide open a few times. He was happy as a clam post game and on the sidelines. Enjoy the win 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You are really exaggerating here. Wilson is a competitor and Rodgers as missed him wide open a few times. He was happy as a clam post game and on the sidelines. Enjoy the win 

His body language was horrible the entire game.  Rodgers HAD to get him a TD or he was going to throw a temper tantrum.  Even when he scored the TD, he came off the field like a diva.  He needs to grow up and fast.  The offense DOES NOT GO THRU HIM. It goes thru Breece and Rodgers, who will throw to various offensive weapons - LIKE EVERYONE.  How many guys caught passes from Rodgers today? let me count the ways: Conklin, Allen, Lizard, Gipson, Hall, Ruckert, Wilson, Williams.  Did I miss anyone?

Great game for us, but went as expected.  I felt there was a pretty significant talent gap between these two teams, and with all their injuries they didn’t have much of a chance in this one.

AR has been playing lights out these past 3 weeks (yes really), and its such a joy to not be gnawing my teeth whenever the Jets go on offense.  The OL is showing they are amongst the better units in the NFL (yes really).

There are still a couple things here and there that we can improve on, but I fully expect a pretty dominant first half of the season until the cold weather slows us down (we shall see how that goes).

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets have plenty to clean up but this game wasn't even as close as the score

They left a lot of points on the board.  They should have blown them out 41-3.  But its progress.  Rodgers was brilliant.  He sounds energized and hungry.  Just keep spreading the ball around and ride the pony express.