**** OFFICIAL JETS v VIKINGS RETURN TO GLORY GAME THREAD ****

Pac

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No the exact opposite is true.  Hackett isn’t good but he’s not why the offense sucks

The offense sucks because we have a 40 year old quarterback, who is washed up and checked out years ago. Again, Jerry Rice in his prime is not helping this team. so no, you don’t trade assets  for a WR  with A team that’s not gonna make the playoffs anyways.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Whatever. I’ve eaten this sh*t sandwich for 14 years now. What’s another decade? 

I’m 71.  Odds are I’m dead or have dementia in 10 years.  Bright side?  Won’t have 3 hours like this constantly anymore.

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Watching Rodgers every week, you realize why Rodgers always hated rookie WRers. It’s because it takes so much time to learn how to play with him. 

Rodgers has the ability to put the ball in the right spot for the WRers to make the catches, but there is clearly a huge learning curve playing with him. With Rodgers, you have to be able to make adjustments in the middle of the route and just know where the ball would be. Mike Williams not even looking for that last pass is just another example of how hard it is for these guys to figure this out. 

Or maybe, Rodgers just sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think they now will feel like they need to pull the trigger on Adams. Rodgers is so out of sync with his receivers and I think Douglas goes full panic mode to get him another familiar option.

Our only hope is that if it happens, it doesn’t set them back for the next 3 years by giving up too much

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure the idea here is that Williams is supposed to stop his route and back shoulder the ball. Looks like a sh*tty pass but hard to tell given what appears to be an obvious miscommunication/not being on the same page.

It’s baffling. Last play of the game, how is communication so off. Second week in a row WRs look totally lost on a pivotal drive. 

• Upvote 1

Not to defend Saleh, but his defense is good enough to win these games but Hackett and Rodgers are outright killing this team. *YES SALEH COACHES THE WHOLE TEAM,* but he had to get Hackett to get Rodgers and it’s those two who are killing this season. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Green Truth said:

Another bad loss to a team that has just been lucky. Kick the field goal in the first half and you’re not pressing for 6. This team will still win 11 games. 9-3 the rest of the way. Beat Buffalo and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want you around when I’m about to cock the trigger and put the gun in my mouth.

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The offense sucks because we have a 40 year old quarterback, who is washed up and checked out years ago. Again, Jerry Rice in his prime is not helping this team. so no, you don’t trade assets  for a WR  with A team that’s not gonna make the playoffs anyways.  

Wrong. The offense sucks because of the play calling and they run for 30 yards a game. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Gotta get Adams. There is no offensive system it’s just Rodgers doing whatever he wants so might as well accept that fate.

And Reddick. They need a stronger pass rush and a run stuffer. Aaron Jones was kicking our ass when he was in there. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to defend Saleh, but his defense is good enough to win these games but Hackett and Rodgers are outright killing this team. *YES SALEH COACHES THE WHOLE TEAM,* but he had to get Hackett to get Rodgers and it’s those two who are killing this season. 

Whose decision was it to skip camp and preseason again

1 minute ago, ausman said:

As usual, Saleh with no answers.  Sounds like he knows nothing about the game.  It’s all platitudes and unwillingness to be analytical.  Likes to say, “We gotta get it fixed.”

I don’t think he really likes football. Or cares enough about it. More worried about golf and lifting. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

And Reddick. They need a stronger pass rush and a run stuffer. Aaron Jones was kicking our ass when he was in there. 

This year’s first and fourth, next year’s second, Izzy and Reddick for Adams and Crosby.

• Haha 1