JD Will Not Survive This Season

• More Cowbell changed the title to JD Will Not Survive This Season
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Nah. JD extension at end of the season. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs. They will make the playoffs and depending on how the team gets there stick with Ulbrich and fire Hackett. 

*this is not an endorsement of JD. It’s just how I see it going. 

Hate to break it to you but this teams fortunes are totally tied to Rodgers who looked great against a crappy Pats and equally bad against Denver and the Vikes. I think the guy washed up

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hate to break it to you but this teams fortunes are totally tied to Rodgers who looked great against a crappy Pats and equally bad against Denver and the Vikes. I think the guy washed up

In old enough to remember that Ape guy saying that expecting a 40yo to bounce back from a torn Achilles is foolish.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

His washed up got us to two loses by a 7 pt margin total. The team will be fine not because of Rodgers but either by helping him or in spite of him. I don’t think the team will be contenders unless Rodgers is good but the team will still make the playoffs. 

What comes next is more interesting.

• Sympathy 1

Woody seems to think this is a stacked roster that's underachieving. Unless he's just spouting PR lines, it sounds like he is in favor of the job JD has done so far.

I think its best to pair a coach with a new gm, so this isn't an endorsement. Just my observation

23 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Nah. JD extension at end of the season. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs. They will make the playoffs and depending on how the team gets there stick with Ulbrich and fire Hackett. 

*this is not an endorsement of JD. It’s just how I see it going. 

Bold of you not to assume the Jets will step on their own dick and miss the playoffs.

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Bold of you not to assume the Jets will step on their own dick and miss the playoffs.

The thing is that they can step on their dick and still make the playoffs. They are that good. Rodgers is on pace for 25+ TDs. The defense just strangled two offenses that have scored a bunch of points the last few weeks. They need the minimum of competence of offense be considered a top team. It’ll come and it might be the minimum but it will happen.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His washed up got us to two loses by a 7 pt margin total. The team will be fine not because of Rodgers but either by helping him or in spite of him. I don’t think the team will be contenders unless Rodgers is good but the team will still make the playoffs. 

What comes next is more interesting.

The Jets broke 20 points in 2 games. Both were wins. If they scored over 20 like 23 or 24, we are most likely 4-1. Rodgers can't  score anymore. 

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Firing Saleh was only the first step. There is no denying that Douglas saddled Saleh  with a horrible QB and horrible OL his entire tenure as a Jets HC. Barring a playoff appearance  where the Jets win the division,  JD is a dead man walking

So who is Rodgers going to hire as his new GM ?

Just now, More Cowbell said:

The Jets broke 20 points in 2 games. Both were wins. If they scored over 20 like 23 or 24, we are most likely 4-1. Rodgers can't  score anymore. 

Rodgers can score, he is on pace for 25+ tds (which is plenty in today’s nfl). The offense is inept because the OC is a lap dog. He might only be the OC because of Rodgers so thats on QB1.  Multiple goal line runs have come up empty. Plays designed to go to the fullback who is actually a DT have also occurred. Those aren’t on the Rodgers the QB but are on Rodgers the team leader who insists on Hackett being here. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't Woody Johnson just tell the press this is the best roster he's ever had? He's going to fire the GM that built that?
I mean he is an imbecile so maybe.

I agree. There is no way JD is in any jeopardy.

An extension is in the works before the new HC is formalized.

Should Urlich be the permanent choice, JD’s extension is short term.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

48 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Rodgers can score, he is on pace for 25+ tds (which is plenty in today’s nfl). The offense is inept because the OC is a lap dog. He might only be the OC because of Rodgers so thats on QB1.  Multiple goal line runs have come up empty. Plays designed to go to the fullback who is actually a DT have also occurred. Those aren’t on the Rodgers the QB but are on Rodgers the team leader who insists on Hackett being here. 

So let's say Rogers score 30 TDs

That is about 13 points a game. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Firing Saleh was only the first step. There is no denying that Douglas saddled Saleh  with a horrible QB and horrible OL his entire tenure as a Jets HC. Barring a playoff appearance  where the Jets win the division,  JD is a dead man walking

The crazy part is this team is set for a playoff run. If they win Monday night, and you have to like their chances now, they are in first place. And they haven't played good football yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Think Rogers was Woody's idea and was forced on JD. Don't think JD will be held accountable for Rogers. Think he gets a 2 year extension and Woody will have final say on everything so back to Woody running the team.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For this season on the Jets,  yes it is, or did you forget our run game sucks. 

If a QB puts up 30 TDs in a season the failure of the team is not his fault. (Unless he throws 30 ints). The run game sucking isn’t a fault of the QB with 30 TDs. 

I just don’t understand.

14 minutes ago, Corn said:

Talk about an endorsement for Joe Douglas GM from the owners home lips.

Came here to post this.  There was always a universe where Joe Douglas kept his job and Saleh lost his.  It’s clear that the decision makers who run this team believe in the roster, as constructed.  The coaching has been a question mark for a while now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Can't believe Joe D. saddled Robert Saleh with Aaron Rodgers and expected him to be able to compete with Bo Nix.