Where is JD

This is not an anti JD thread and I am not trying to bait anyone to going there but is it surprising that we have not heard one word from JD since yesterday?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but Woody corrects himself to make sure he tells everyone that this was his decision. Then he goes on the Reddick comments and his phrasing and words come across to me as he wants him in and while giving JD the authority to negotiate it his way which he should, that came across to me as I am taking charge, speak to me and we get this done. 

Not saying Woody would get it right and most likely would F it up, but telling that no mention of JD.

Like I said, maybe reading too much in and I just need to go find something else to do but I get a feeling JD is on very thin ice and who knows if he is even in on decisions the rest of the year.  

Hopefully joining Saleh on the unemployment line.

But it reality, given Woody's other comments about the greatness of the roster, my read is more that Woody said what he said to help protect JD (and more, Rodgers) from criticism that they (again, mostly Rodgers) wanted Saleh fired.  

Sometimes leaders take a bullet for the guys under them because they can.  That's my read here.  I guarantee you that Woody spoke to both JD and Rodgers explicitly and directly about this decision before it was made, and both agreed with it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

This is not an anti JD thread and I am not trying to bait anyone to going there but is it surprising that we have not heard one word from JD since yesterday?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but Woody corrects himself to make sure he tells everyone that this was his decision. Then he goes on the Reddick comments and his phrasing and words come across to me as he wants him in and while giving JD the authority to negotiate it his way which he should, that came across to me as I am taking charge, speak to me and we get this done. 

Not saying Woody would get it right and most likely would F it up, but telling that no mention of JD.

Like I said, maybe reading too much in and I just need to go find something else to do but I get a feeling JD is on very thin ice and who knows if he is even in on decisions the rest of the year.  

Woody made it clear this was his decision.  Not sure what JD could provide at this point that Woody didnt share.  I think asking JD for comments or explanation would only make things worse and make everything even more confusing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Woody made it clear this was his decision.  Not sure what JD could provide at this point that Woody didnt share.  I think asking JD for comments or explanation would only make things worse and make everything even more confusing. 

Makes perfect sense however, Ulbrich and the rest of the coaching staff still report to JD so while he would offer nothing on the firing of Saleh side, I would think we would hear from him regarding the new coach and direction for the rest of the year. 

29 minutes ago, Trotter said:

For much of the good JD has done when comes to the owner i. e your boss he will see more of the negatives that are glaring that shakes his confidence for you to make decisions that will right the ship:

1) The Zack Wilson draft and development failure that maybe for the latter is on the coaches but in the current hierarchy the GM is the boss of the coaches.

2) The fact that Oline after countless changes has still not become consistent.

3) The Hasson Reddick debacle.

So, the owner and big boss now said if you want something done you have to do it yourself:

1) Fire the Head Coach.

2) Take over in getting Reddick in here and on the field.

3) Put the team on notice that a turnaround needs to start immediately or more significant changes are coming soon.

Enough said.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He’s in hiding as always. 

In the scenario that he wanted Saleh fired, he let Woody make the statement and be the lightning rod, instead of admitting his own mistake in hiring Saleh.

In the scenario that he did not want Saleh fired, he deferred to Woody, even though he (Douglas) is in charge of football operations and makes all final decisions.

He’s a spineless pussy. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Makes perfect sense however, Ulbrich and the rest of the coaching staff still report to JD so while he would offer nothing on the firing of Saleh side, I would think we would hear from him regarding the new coach and direction for the rest of the year. 

I dont think JD had any part in any of this, including, promoting Ulbrich to HC.  I just dont know what value he could provide by addressing the media.  This is all on his Owner and his owner, gave the interview.  It wouldnt surprise me if Woody doesnt want him questioned right now. 

45 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Bro woody said yesterday this is the most talented team he’s had in 20 years!

Thus idiot might actually keep JD!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Interesting.  That was my answer to the "POLL:  What is your reaction to Robert Saleh being fired after 5 games of the season?" thread.  Like @The Crusher that is my answer to most things.  Particularly if I hear about them around lunch time.

We rock the lifestyle! 

• Post of the Week 1

Probably in the minority here, but I've never felt JD was the problem.  Two big whiffs in Wilson and Becton for sure, but the guy seems to be decent at self-evaluation and correcting his mistakes.  That's all you can really hope for when you hire a guy with no prior experience as GM.  

With Saleh, there was no growth, no development, and an almost defiant attitude to adjust.  He was a top notch DC so it's no surprise that the defense was easy for him here.  But he never could master the skills required to lead an entire team, and he constantly showed his insecurity both with the players and with the media.  He needs a reset, first as a DC, then maybe a second chance at HC when he's matured more.  I could see him following a similar career path as Dan Quinn.

14 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

In the scenario that he wanted Saleh fired, he let Woody make the statement and be the lightning rod, instead of admitting his own mistake in hiring Saleh.

In the scenario that he did not want Saleh fired, he deferred to Woody, even though he (Douglas) is in charge of football operations and makes all final decisions.

He’s a spineless pussy. 

I don’t think he really has any say or has ever really had much say beyond putting together a draft board. Woody has his team of advisors involved in any major decision. The Jets reporting structure is deliberately messy for plausible deniability at the top.

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s a spineless pussy. 

This last point is silly. 

Woody owns the team - he gets what he wants, regardless of JD’s job description. 

28 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I dont think JD had any part in any of this, including, promoting Ulbrich to HC.  I just dont know what value he could provide by addressing the media.  This is all on his Owner and his owner, gave the interview.  It wouldnt surprise me if Woody doesnt want him questioned right now. 

very fair

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is done with the Jets.  The owner and Aaron Rodgers neutered him yesterday.  They will "mutually" part ways after the season and Joe D will have another GM job in a nano second.

Best young GM in the league!!!!

Huge extension coming!!!!

28 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s a spineless pussy. 

The post above is the answer, part of his job is leadership at the top of the org.   He just disappears and only pokes his head out of the ground about twice a year when he is forced to give an interview.

He is either a total coward or he is a neutered scout with the gm title.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is done with the Jets.  The owner and Aaron Rodgers neutered him yesterday.  They will "mutually" part ways after the season and Joe D will have another GM job in a nano second.

"The youngest and brightest." 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This last point is silly. 

Woody owns the team - he gets what he wants, regardless of JD’s job description. 

Respectfully disagree. 

“Sorry Woody, we are a package deal. I believe in what we’ve built, and think you should give it until the end of the season to make a move like this. If you decide to move forward, I’m not on board and you can let me go as well”. 

Note that most of the posters here think Douglas would be hired by another team the minute there was a new opening.