Craig Carton breaks down exactly what happen with Saleh's firing

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Forget who did what, in your opinion was Saleh doing a good job with the roster that he had?

Can you point to a time where the Jets outschemed their opponents?

That is hard to say.  He was given terrible qbs and then was saddled with a shot qb and worst OC in the history of the game.

If he has a pretty solid qb, like lets say Joe Burrow, hed would have been a great coach.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you on your period, you whelp?

Saleh sucked. Nobody is sad to see him go. You’re carrying on like it’s a conspiracy and nobody 1.) gives a sh*t and 2.) listens to your stupid sh*t posting.

People have a lot of weird emotional takes about stuff because Rodgers is a tool. If the majority owner has never made a good hire in his life, and the wink-nudge shadow minority owner is a hall of fame quarterback, who do you really want making these decisions anyway? I don't know why more franchise quarterbacks don't demand coach approval or what's stopping anybody from giving it to them. They make ten times as much money and have ten times the impact on results, but pearl-clutching and who does this guy think he is and whatever.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

That is hard to say.  He was given terrible qbs and then was saddled with a shot qb and worst OC in the history of the game.

If he has a pretty solid qb, like lets say Joe Burrow, hed would have been a great coach.

He hired the worst OC in the history of the game. Let that sink in, Saleh hired him.

Did it ever occur to you that Saleh might be the reason this team has had poor QB play.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He hired the worst OC in the history of the game. Let that sink in, Saleh hired him.

Did it ever occur to you that Saleh might be the reason this team has had poor QB play.

To be fair, don't you think Rodgers + Hackett was a packaged deal?

I'm not a Saleh fan, glad he's gone but I don't think he gets blame for Hackett.  He should get blamed for so many other things, including poor leadership and complete lack of innovation and game planning.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

An owner doesn’t have to conspire.

He fires who he wants to fire.

Saleh dug his own grave with his insane comments:

”if we just keep doing what we’re doing, we’ll be fine”

”we’re 5 games in.  it’s early”

“This is the nothing part of football”

Hackett should never have been hired in the first place after his embarrassing stint in Denver.

A 5-year old could have told you Hackett was a disaster and that it would never work with him calling plays.

Agree 100%

When you downplay a 2-3 start during a win-now season you're not reading the room (the ownership room!).  Woody has a sense of urgency to win this year and if he thought the HC wasn't feeling that same sense then that's a problem.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And it is exactly what we knew.  Rodgers and Woody conspired behind everyone's back to fire Saleh.

Pathetic!

That's not what he said... He said that Woody asked Aaron about taking away play calling from Hackett... And Aaron didn't want that to happen... But Aaron had no clue that it would lead to Salehs firing... 

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And it is exactly what we knew.  Rodgers and Woody conspired behind everyone's back to fire Saleh.

Pathetic!

Was this before or after the 49ers swooped in and tried to steal Rodgers from the Jets?

52 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Still wondering why Rodgers orchestrated this but neglected to make Hackett the HC?

If Craig Carton knows the answer then why hasn't he told us. 

I guess Ulbrich must have been part of the conspiracy. 

Woody would have lost the team and the fan base if he made Hackett the HC.  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I don't believe Saleh hired him.  He was told to hire him.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He's a bad coach but there is no doubt he has been tooled by Woody who wanted Rodgers and forced Hackett on him and JD.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Cmon dude. Saleh literally refused to fire LaFleur so the guy has to quit in a mutual “parting of ways.”

The Hackett move ways always from the top as part of a grand plan to get Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Craiggy knows what happened.  We all know what happened.  You can choose to turn a blind eye if youd like.  But deep down you know Rodgers orchestrated this.

So what if he did? It’s overdue,  the dude sucked as HC.

Thank you Aaron Rodgers!! Thank you!!

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Woody would have lost the team and the fan base if he made Hackett the HC.  

Really. 50 year of ineptitude didn't do it, but Hackett as HC is would drive away the fan base?

I'm pretty sure that Woody's motivation is winning games whether or not you think it was the right thing to do. 

He may be incompetent but he's not trying to fool Jet fans into thinking he's trying. 

That's what you guys sound like you're saying. Woody is conspiring with Rodgers and Hackett to pretend like we want to win. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Really. 50 year of ineptitude didn't do it, but Hackett as HC is would drive away the fan base?

I'm pretty sure that Woody's motivation is winning games whether or not you think it was the right thing to do. 

He may be incompetent but he's not trying to fool Jet fans into thinking he's trying. 

That's what you guys sound like you're saying. Woody is conspiring with Rodgers and Hackett to pretend like we want to win. 

Nobody is saying that.   It's being whispered into your brain.  Pull the tin foil down over your forehead.  

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm no fan of Carton but he's not the only one reporting this.  

I think, at this point, it's not even being disputed that Saleh was planning to take play calling duties from Hackett - and we know Saleh was fired hours after that decision was made.  We know those things to be true. 

Now what happened in-between those 5 or 6 hours we don't know but it does seem quite reasonable that Woody and Aaron talked and then the decision was made to fire Saleh.

He’s not the the only one reporting this because it get clicks and Saleh is doing some serious damage control 

I heard poor Rob was just sitting at his desk, when a covert team of operatives breached his door, tazed him, and then wrapped him in Duct tape and rolled him up into a carpet and threw him out the back door. 

Thats what my sources told me actually, really happened!

This makes no sense and I don't think anyone with even basic logic believes this crap. This is 100% made up BS. 

Saleh was a bad HC. Woody fired him. That's it. Rogers doesn't have all this power people try to say he does. 

Rogers is famous for advocating to not overreacting and also takes responsibility for the loss in london. 

Media is just so ridiculous. 

People need to relax this was a good move for the Jets, there is no controversy. We just lost another winnable game and they needed to get in front of it before we lose our chance this year. 

• Upvote 1