Jeff Ulbrich Press Conference 10/10

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Fully expects Moses to play on Monday night & possibly Corley as well.

It's not too often I'm looking forward to Monday getting here, but I am this week.

Did he specifically mention Corley?  B/c i think he could help this offense. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The tone is different with Ulbrich.

For example, he clearly understands that there’s no time to waste.

In the end only the results will matter, but it’s a positive sign, I think.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He seems like the opposite of saleh, very authentic, someone the players would play hard for.  I like that he said he wants to get the offense to have the philosophy of the defense, attacking early. 

I agree completely with both of you.   My initial impression of Ulbrich is that he seems serious, authentic and motivated.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

That’s was a masterclass press conference. Maybe the best one ever heard a Jets HC give. 

Definitely refreshing.

I'm confident in Brick.

Also of note, Brick said he will remain Defensive Coordinator and continue calling the defensive plays.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Fully expects Moses to play on Monday night & possibly Corley as well.

Corley has been dealing with a hamstring issue.

It's not too often I'm looking forward to Monday getting here, but I am this week.

I think Corley is more of a longer term project but we’ll see

Hopefully I’m wrong 

I think Davante to the Jets is announced next M or Tue

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wow Jeff is retaining DC role and playcalling duties.

It’s a lot of any HC and he’s brand new first time HC.

Hopefully he’s leading by example of just taking everything head despite the odds and having balls. Now that the bald bitch boy is gone, it’s HIS defense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hackett had already been stripped of play-calling duties by Saleh. Ulbrich simply isn't reversing that move.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/robert-saleh-removed-play-calling-duties-from-nathaniel-hackett-before-being-fired

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Then, after the meeting, Saleh found out he was being fired in the classic sense.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, that Rodgers got Saleh fired.

If he did, I love him for that

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hackett had already been stripped of play-calling duties by Saleh. Ulbrich simply isn't reversing that move.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/robert-saleh-removed-play-calling-duties-from-nathaniel-hackett-before-being-fired

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Then, after the meeting, Saleh found out he was being fired in the classic sense.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, that Rodgers got Saleh fired.

So what you’re saying is Hackett got demoted and was butt hurt  by Saleh’s decision but then the demotion by Saleh became null and void after being fired. One assumes  Rodgers went to Johnson and got Saleh fired  so Hackett was relieved and restored to his play calling duties. He then had to go through the same disappointment and shock this time being demoted by Ulbrich. (How much can a man take!) I heard the national media is reporting that Rodgers was ripping mad with Johnson and ran to Johnson again but Johnson apparently said Ulbrich reassured him he would speak of Hackett in glowing terms plus not to worry because you Aaron Rodgers have the ultimate power to change the play calls at the line of scrimmage. 

• Haha 1

Jeff had an answer for why Downing:

”his offenses were tough, they were ruthless, they finished, they ran the ball, they played on their terms

Right or wrong, the new HC at least has some kind of concrete vision for an offensive identity he wants for his football team.

All Saleh gave you was nebulous BS like “all gas, no brake”

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If the first two plays Monday night are Breece up the middle for 1 yard followed by Breece up the middle for 2 yards, I am turning off the game.

But you'll miss 3rd and 7, "off the hands of Lazard, Jets to punt" to really feel alive.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is encouraging.  Listen, there is no downside here as Hackett was that bad.  But I do question how much will actually change w/ Hackett still being here snd having the OC title.

I would feel much better if Hackett was fired today.

I'd feel much better if you were fired today too. but, here we are. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

So what you’re saying is Hackett got demoted and was butt hurt  by Saleh’s decision but then the demotion by Saleh became null and void after being fired. One assumes  Rodgers went to Johnson and got Saleh fired  so Hackett was relieved and restored to his play calling duties. He then had to go through the same disappointment and shock this time being demoted by Ulbrich. (How much can a man take!) I heard the national media is reporting that Rodgers was ripping mad with Johnson and ran to Johnson again but Johnson apparently said Ulbrich reassured him he would speak of Hackett in glowing terms plus not to worry because you Aaron Rodgers have the ultimate power to change the play calls at the line of scrimmage. 

This is quite the tale.

I mean you’d think Hackett was Rodgers’ wife or child with the supposed lengths Aaron is supposedly willing to go to protect his friend’s feelings.

I mean even if Hackett had been fired today they’d still be friends for life and Hackett would continue to get paid.

Maybe I’m crazy but I think Aaron would rather have successful play calls and a chance to end his career on good terms rather than to continue taking a beating and be carted off just so his buddy Hackett can retain a role and save some degree of face for 3 more months.

🤷‍♂️🤣

31 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So Brick/Brich (to be determined) said that Downing was the play caller and the final say on the game plan. 

Then what does Nate Hackett do now?

Final say implies that he can veto parts of Hacketts game plan I think. Can potentially change how players are used probably. Let’s hope it means he writes the script. 

It’s messy for sure but if it’s collaborative just the fact that the bills won’t have any idea who is doing what should help. 

Downing seems to be big on running so if Carter is still the run game coordinator ( how is this possible lol) this part of the story will determine their success.  

It’s certainly possible that brich plans on making more changes as they go 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is quite the tale.

I mean you’d think Hackett was Rodgers’ wife or child with the supposed lengths Aaron is supposedly willing to go to protect his friend’s feelings.

I mean even if Hackett had been fired today they’d still be friends for life and Hackett would continue to get paid.

Maybe I’m crazy but I think Aaron would rather have successful play calls and a chance to end his career on good terms rather than to continue taking a beating and be carted off just so his buddy Hackett can retain a role and save some degree of face for 3 more months.

🤷‍♂️🤣

This is just gut feel but I don’t get the impression Rodgers is somehow in the background with Wpody pulling the strings. Woody certainly has off the record advisors in his ear- I don’t think a  guy on a two year contract is at the top of the list. 

• Upvote 1