Ulbrich with the quote of the year

7 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The mistake is - why are you not cutting him right now? There shouldn't be a "competition". Just stupid.

It feels like this could be for show bc Woody won’t eat the guaranteed contract. This is absurd.

I mean yeah ok

But he’s in an impossible spot 

What is Ulbrich supposed to do?

Teams only carry one kicker so they can’t bench PegLeg pirate 🏴‍☠️ 

He can’t cut Zuerlein and go sign another guy because that’s way above his pay grade 

The only thing he can do is go for 2 every time and go for it on 4th down every time instead of even attempting FGs, which isn’t exactly optimal

The Jets need hard core, no nonsense, all football types.  

The Saleh/Ulbrich group was already too California crunchy for me.  

Let's bring in Vrabel, the 3-4 defense, a hard-nosed running game and beat the crap out of teams like the Ravens and Steelers do.

Maybe we don't win the Super Bowl all of the time, but the fans will love it, we will be competitive and entertaining.

I don't know why Woody does not see this.  It is so obvious.  

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

2 years, $8.4M contract in March.

Woody doesn’t want to pay another kicker…

Should answer the is woody involved question. Kicking is as black and white as it gets. You either make them or you don’t. We wondered who was pulling the Wilson strings and you were never going to get a concrete answer. With the kicker you do- the owner isn’t going to try and get better if it involves losing money.  The owner doesn’t give a sh*t about winning if he can’t move on from a kicker who’s clearly shot.

• Upvote 2

When Woody fired Saleh I took it as a white flag to the season and big F*ck you to Saleh from Woody + get ahead of the coaching search.

I didn’t think we were going to magically turn it around under Ulbrich, so I can’t say that I am shocked at the results.

If Saleh keeps his job we maybe would have won 1 game (yesterday) which isn’t saying much.

But Ulbrich is pretty bad, albeit it put in a tough spot, just doing nothing to promote himself as HC material and in fact almost diminishing his DC prowess as of D has fallen off a cliff.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets need hard core, no nonsense, all football types.  

The Saleh/Ulbrich group was already too California crunchy for me.  

Let's bring in Vrabel, the 3-4 defense, a hard-nosed running game and beat the crap out of teams like the Ravens and Steelers do.

Maybe we don't win the Super Bowl all of the time, but the fans will love it, we will be competitive and entertaining.

I don't know why Woody does not see this.  It is so obvious.  

I’ve been anti-defensive HC but I think I’d sign up for Vrabel right now. He’s a culture builder; those Tennessee teams were tough as nails and good situationally. He got the Titans to a number one seed with Ryan Tannehill in a conference with Mahomes, Lamar, and Allen. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe I should be the kicker for the Jets if it’s all about the process lmao I will work very hard in practice and miss kicks for 4million a year, no problem.

This guy Ulbrich should just say nothing but… “not my call, talk to woody”

What a ******* joke this franchise is 

• Haha 1