Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
look at the post where i compare Jay and Peyton's first two years, or look for yourself

PEYTON MANNING

JAY CUTLER

their circumstances were almost identical except Edgerrin showed up for peyton, i think you'll find that what we have here IS in fact a young Peyton Manning. And TJ and a second is a blue light special. why isnn't it done?

Does Brett Ratliff know you're running around on him like this? I hear he's the jealous type.

Broncos' owner, Cutler's agent sound off on drama in Denver

Before Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels entered their swamp of contentious confusion, the groundwork for a muddled fallout between the quarterback and the Denver Broncos had roots in the days following team owner Pat Bowlen's Dec. 30 firing of coach Mike Shanahan.

Bus Cook, Cutler's agent, said on Wednesday morning: "Jay was disappointed in the firing of Mike Shanahan and met with the owner. The owner assured him everything would be fine. The owner said he had the second-best offense in football and would leave the offensive staff intact. Jay was good with that. Then he hires an offensive coach who gets rid of the staff."

Bowlen said on Wednesday afternoon: "I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion."

Little wonder Cutler and the Broncos are in total bewilderment.

This thing began unraveling quicker than most knew.

It is clear that Cutler bought into the coaching of Shanahan, and even more so, that of his former offensive coordinator, Jeremy Bates, who is now at USC. It appears Cutler believed keeping Bates aboard was the best of a rocky situation.

But on Jan. 12, Bowlen, as is his absolute right, hired former New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. McDaniels, as his absolute right, wanted to run his own offense with his own hand-picked offensive assistants.

Cutler's attitude at that point was, well, you might as well get rid of me, too.

"But I never requested a trade for Jay then," Cook said. "That is simply not true. Jay met with the coach early on and then told me everything was going to be OK. He said, 'We are going to work this out; we are on the same wavelength.' Everything was fine until Saturday two weeks ago. Jay called me and asked, 'Are they trying to trade me?' I told him, 'No, why would they try to do that?'"

That was when the story broke that the Broncos had discussions about trading Cutler in a deal that would bring then-New England quarterback and McDaniels mentee Matt Cassel to Denver. Cassel wound up being traded to the Kansas City Chiefs, but Cutler has said he lost trust in McDainiels because of the way the entire episode was handled.

We told them the evening of our last meeting that Jay wanted to be a Bronco even before the meeting," Cook said. "Jay told them he understood about the coach's relationship with Matt Cassel. At no time was the coach critical of Jay. In fact, he told Jay soon after he got to Denver that Jay was the reason he came to Denver. So, why was he trying to trade him? All the guy had to do was say I dropped the ball, I have a special bond with Cassel, you are my guy. Jay never heard that. What he heard in the meeting was it could happen again."

An absolute mess here all around.

Bowlen realizes it. He was asked if he thought Cutler would remain a Bronco.

"To tell you the truth, I have no answer to that question," Bowlen said. "I would like to keep him here, obviously. But if you are going to be an unhappy camper, there is no real reason to be here."

Bowlen was asked if he has reservations about McDaniels, his new coach, or the way he handled this matter.

"Obviously, I am not going to criticize the head coach," Bowlen said. "I think he was trying to be a head coach. As I see it, Jay got upset about things and his feelings were hurt, and here we are. I am not going to weigh in on who is to blame here. This whole incident has been written about and talked about, and I am moving on, personally. We're getting ready for the draft and ready to play next season."

I highlighted Cook's comments. I know it's his take, but it's plausible compared to what McDaniels has said publicly.

The quote I italicized goes to the point I made earlier in another thread. McDaniels could have fixed this in the Saturday meeting if he gave Cutler the assurance he was his guy. Instead, McDaniels made the matter worse by saying a trade could still happen.

That's why McDaniels is McMoron. By the way, Bowlen looks like he's ready to okay a trade.

I can't see Mangini 'helping' the Jets, if Cutler does get traded I think it'll be that 3 team (rumor) deal with Denver, Cleveland and Washington.

Mangini will look to help himself. If he's not bitter against Tannenbaum, and Mikey T can offer him -maybe- a player he's particularly fond of on the Jets roster as a sweetener, the Jets might be the best team for him to deal with.

I agree with Coach T above. The Jets of late go after the guys they want, and don't seem to be afraid to be the high bidder. If you've got a team like that who looking to deal, wouldn't you want to jump in and get as large a slice of the pie as you could? Of course, Washington is no slouch when it comes to giving away the farm, either. If Cleveland's going to be the pivot man in a three-way, it'll all be about who gives Mangini the best reach around. The Jets' ace in that hole is having players Mangini already knows.

Mangini will look to help himself. If he's not bitter against Tannenbaum, and Mikey T can offer him -maybe- a player he's particularly fond of on the Jets roster as a sweetener, the Jets might be the best team for him to deal with.

17th overall

3rd rounder

Brad Smith (Mangini loves the guy)

Get it done Tanny!!! :D

I highlighted Cook's comments. I know it's his take, but it's plausible compared to what McDaniels has said publicly.

The quote I italicized goes to the point I made earlier in another thread. McDaniels could have fixed this in the Saturday meeting if he gave Cutler the assurance he was his guy. Instead, McDaniels made the matter worse by saying a trade could still happen.

That's why McDaniels is McMoron. By the way, Bowlen looks like he's ready to okay a trade.

thanks for postin..this seems to spell out the situation quite clearly. these are just words though. I'm not the least bit doubtful cutler has rubbed all involved raw with his arrogance at some point though.

McD seems arrogant as well......this ain't a good marriage & I hope we end up with this arrogant ass named cutler

thanks for postin..this seems to spell out the situation quite clearly. these are just words though. I'm not the least bit doubtful cutler has rubbed all involved raw with his arrogance at some point though.

McD seems arrogant as well......this ain't a good marriage & I hope we end up with this arrogant ass named cutler

I've said it before: Cutler is a whiny arrogant bitch.

BUT, McMoron is the one who royally screwed up this situation, not Cutler or his agent.

McMoron made the mistake in trying for the trade. Fine, it happens. But as Cook pointed out, all McMoron had to do was say Cutler was his guy, but McMoron refused to do that. That is whay I criticize him so heavily.

You can excuse the trade attempt because of his relationship with Cassell, but it's inexcusable his failure to give assurances that the team's franchise QB was his guy after the failed trade attempt.

BUT, McMoron is the one who royally screwed up this situation, not Cutler or his agent.

McMoron made the mistake in trying for the trade. Fine, it happens. But as Cook pointed out, all McMoron had to do was say Cutler was his guy, but McMoron refused to do that. That is whay I criticize him so heavily.

You can excuse the trade attempt because of his relationship with Cassell, but it's inexcusable his failure to give assurances that the team's franchise QB was his guy after the failed trade attempt.

At the very least, I think you've uncovered a name for those working at the Drive-Thru.

Why not just talk to Cleveland about Quinn or Anderson and forget about Cutler?

My first conversation would be about Cutler. I don't know that Quinn or Anderson are any better than Clemens or Ratliff at this stage (don't tell Denver I said that!).

Honestly, whether we get Cutler or not, I will be satisfied. We don't really need a start at the position but more of a manager of the offense. I think Ratliff can handle that, I don't expect him to put him huge numbers but maybe one touchdown a game is good enough for me. The problem for me is, if we're going to go with a young QB like Ratliff, we have to put weapons around him to help him out. He's not Brady where he can make Kyle Brady look good.

I'm just glad we're going to depend on our defense more this year.

I agree 100%

has anyone noticed how if this thread was at JI there would be at least 3 people demanding the thread either be dumped or closed-I'm so glad we're not like that here....now dump...only kidding

perfect example here and Jetswin does the honors

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191455

That thread blows! EM31 is missing his avatar!!!!!

When Bowlen is asked a question regarding what he stated, about what should be a memorable recent conversation ("Hey there Jay Cutler, the offensive staff & strategy will be unchanged"), and then give a weak answer of the old, "I don't recall" response...that stinks of bull****.

That's a courtroom, "I don't want to admit it but don't want to state a flat-out lie," statement. How the hell would he NOT remember saying to his star QB, "We have the #2 offense in the NFL and therefore we are not going to change the offensive coaches or gameplan."?

So this appears to be part of the sequence:

From Bowlen then: "The offense will remain the same."

From Bowlen later: "I guess it's possible I said that but I don't remember saying it. I don't recall."

From McDaniels then: "We did not try to trade Jay Cutler & acquire Matt Cassel."

From McDaniels later: "We did try to trade Jay Cutler and acquire Matt Cassel."

I'm sure Cutler & Cook are not 100% innocent victims, and Cutler doesn't seem to have the thickest skin in the world. But compared to Bowlen & McDaniels, they don't even begin to register on the bull**** meter.

here's a thought

i heard that mangini was beefing with sean rodgers and that he wants a trade.i like jenkins,but to me,they seem to be about the same player

mangini knows first hand that a 3/4 defense does not work with out a nose tackle.

would you entertain a trade that would involve jenkins for rodgers to aquire the rights to 1 of the browns qb's that would land cutler?

again,just a thought.it might enable us to save some picks

here's a thought

i heard that mangini was beefing with sean rodgers and that he wants a trade.i like jenkins,but to me,they seem to be about the same player

mangini knows first hand that a 3/4 defense does not work with out a nose tackle.

would you entertain a trade that would involve jenkins for rodgers to aquire the rights to 1 of the browns qb's that would land cutler?

again,just a thought.it might enable us to save some picks

Are you kidding me?

look at the post where i compare Jay and Peyton's first two years, or look for yourself

PEYTON MANNING

JAY CUTLER

their circumstances were almost identical except Edgerrin showed up for peyton, i think you'll find that what we have here IS in fact a young Peyton Manning. And TJ and a second is a blue light special. why isnn't it done?

I think you need to check your sarcasm meter...

You guys amuse me.

I'm curious about the Browns cap space? Healthy? Not healthy? Do they have the money spend on Peppers? I hear the Panthers are down on Delhomme. Quinn learned under the Weiss system which is the McDaniels system. Just something to think about....

17th overall

3rd rounder

Brad Smith (Mangini loves the guy)

Get it done Tanny!!! :D

yea that's true SMC-I forgot all about Brad Smith who, as you said, Mangini loves-he plays what 3, 4 positions? QB, WR, gunner on ST's and returner

You guys amuse me.

I'm curious about the Browns cap space? Healthy? Not healthy? Do they have the money spend on Peppers? I hear the Panthers are down on Delhomme. Quinn learned under the Weiss system which is the McDaniels system. Just something to think about....

Which is also the Brian Daboll system. In case you haven't been paying attention, Daboll is now the Browns OC.

If the Browns are seriously considering trading either of their QBs, it ain't gonna be Quinn.

Which is also the Brian Daboll system. In case you haven't been paying attention, Daboll is now the Browns OC.

If the Browns are seriously considering trading either of their QBs, it ain't gonna be Quinn.

True - I guess. Daboll was a defensive coaching assistant and a WR coach with the Pats before he bolted for the Jets and became the QB coach. That worked out really well.

He was also the Pats WR coach for four years.

Yeah, you really follow your favorite team closely. :rolleyes:

....maybe you should read the entire post before you blindly post a reponse to make me look bad. LOL! I said he was the WR Coach for the Pats.

r-e-a-d-i-n-g if fundamental! :)

....maybe you should read the entire post before you blindly post a reponse to make me look bad. LOL! I said he was the WR Coach for the Pats.

Please, you tried to make it sound like he was primarily a defensive assistant when in fact he spent the vast majority of his time in NE as WR coach.

The bottom line is, he is going to be running the Weis offense just like McDaniel. No way the Browns trade Quinn.

You edited your post. I'd bet dollars to donuts that you added in the part about WR coach.

The klecktard didn't notice you changed it by time he quoted it and is now just confused. Don't take advantage of my simple friend..

Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, has escalated the tension between Cutler and the club by telling NFL.com Thursday that Denver owner Pat Bowlen promised Cutler that the offensive staff would remain in tact after coach Mike Shanahan was fired.

But new coach Josh McDaniels promptly fired the entire offensive staff, including offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, whom Cutler was close to.

Bowlen has denied making the remarks and he's said to be upset that his integrity is being called into question by Cook.

As a result of this latest salvo, it's looking more and more like Cutler and the Broncos are headed to a messy divorce. And trade talks could heat up at the owner's meetings in California, which begin on Sunday.

The Buccaneers and Lions appear to be the frontrunners to land Cutler, with the Jets also in the conversation. The Bucs tried to get Cutler a three-way trade involving the Patriots before the Chiefs swooped in and landed quarterback Matt Cassel, whom Denver was trying to obtain.

I still believe it's a long shot the Jets will land Cutler because as I reported on Monday, the Jets need a third team because they don't have the ammo to get Cutler. And, I don't think they would give up a bevy of draft picks to acquire him.

The Bucs, however, appear more than willing to give the Broncos whatever it would take to get Cutler. And the Lions have the first pick in the draft, with which the Broncos could draft a quarterback.

After the Jets obtained Brett Favre, I will never say never, but I would be surprised if they got Cutler. According to Pat Kirwan of NFL.com, the bidding for Cutler could start at two first-round picks. Are you willing to do that, Jets fans?

Samari To Rolle Into Town

March 19, 2009

Still in the market for an experienced third cornerback, the Jets are scheduled to visit with former Raven Samari Rolle. This was first reported by Lisa Zimmerman on her Jets blog, and I was able to confirm it. I believe Rolle is due to arrive later tonight.

Rolle, 32, was released yesterday by the Ravens after four seasons with the team. In 10 games last season (he missed 6 because of a shoulder injury), he recorded 27 tackles, three interceptions and one forced fumble. He also had a pick in the divisional playoff win over the Titans, his previous team, but he was inactive for the AFC Championship Game because of a thigh injury.

Obviously, Rex Ryan is familiar with Rolle, so this makes a lot of sense, especially now that former Ravens CB Corey Ivy (Browns) is off the market.

Rolle, who made a Pro Bowl in 2000 with the Titans, played in only six games in 2007 after being diagnosed with epilepsy. The Jets have a player who has battled epilepsy since childhood -- G Alan Faneca. Rolle is well-respected by the Ravens, and they haven't ruled out the possibility of re-signing him

Broncos | Cutler's agent says team assured offensive staff would stay

Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:38:17 -0700

Thomas George, of NFL.com, reports Bus Cook, agent for Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler, said Cutler was disappointed with the firing of former head coach Mike Shanahan but met with owner Pat Bowlen who assured Cutler that the offensive staff would stay intact. However, when head coach Josh McDaniels was hired, he changed most of the offensive staff. Bowlen said he does not recall that meeting with Cutler.

Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, has escalated the tension between Cutler and the club by telling NFL.com Thursday that Denver owner Pat Bowlen promised Cutler that the offensive staff would remain in tact after coach Mike Shanahan was fired.

But new coach Josh McDaniels promptly fired the entire offensive staff, including offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, whom Cutler was close to.

Bowlen has denied making the remarks and he's said to be upset that his integrity is being called into question by Cook.

As a result of this latest salvo, it's looking more and more like Cutler and the Broncos are headed to a messy divorce. And trade talks could heat up at the owner's meetings in California, which begin on Sunday.

The Buccaneers and Lions appear to be the frontrunners to land Cutler, with the Jets also in the conversation. The Bucs tried to get Cutler a three-way trade involving the Patriots before the Chiefs swooped in and landed quarterback Matt Cassel, whom Denver was trying to obtain.

I still believe it's a long shot the Jets will land Cutler because as I reported on Monday, the Jets need a third team because they don't have the ammo to get Cutler. And, I don't think they would give up a bevy of draft picks to acquire him.

The Bucs, however, appear more than willing to give the Broncos whatever it would take to get Cutler. And the Lions have the first pick in the draft, with which the Broncos could draft a quarterback.

After the Jets obtained Brett Favre, I will never say never, but I would be surprised if they got Cutler. According to Pat Kirwan of NFL.com, the bidding for Cutler could start at two first-round picks. Are you willing to do that, Jets fans?

yep....right now.

Archived