Would you be shocked if the Jets beat Carolina??

CobraVerde

OMG quit with the roller coaster sh**.  We're not suddenly good because we beat the Raiders.

geez youre such a fool. no one especially me is calling that. I know what kind of team we have. A weak offense plus above average defense equals medeocie team susceptible of rising to an occasional moment but more than likely fail when expectations are highest and the lights are shinning brightest. What kind of team do you think we have?

Yo kobra khan. You used to be a lot more calculated when it came to the art of thread starting. The last couple months your threads make blackout look like flotrain.

Slow your roll.

Have you seen how many people comment on my threads and how long the discussions go for? If i didnt make posts this place would be nothing but Tebow threads...

And have you been watching this team for the last couple of months? I mean dude....Slow your roll...son.

the Jets are a trap game for Carolina. very easy to look past em. 

bingo. This morning during a reporter interview in KC that they mentioned a tidbit about how the Ryan Defense gave fits to Carolina. I cant remember the exact stat but at that moment i kind of playfully chuckled "ha watch the jets beat carolina." and after the way the day predictably played out i simply said to myself again, I would not be shocked if the Jets beat the panthers... 

Well, looks like Carolina is going to get spanked by the Saints, so they wont be feeling too confident to overlook the Jets next week. Please do not discount how awful the Raiders were today, a good team would have totally blew them out of the house.  Carolina is run heavy which suits us well, but I  fear their D will destroy the Jets, so early call Carolina 30 Jets 10, 2 genovers.

No, I wouldn't. I don't expect a win, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised. As it's become pretty obvious, if we start quickly/don't fall behind early, we can hang with most teams. As well as carolina has been playing the last two months, they're not the explosive type of offense like new orleans or new england. If we can keep it within 10 points, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a victory, but I certainly am not betting on it. I just would like to see Geno continue to make strides and head into the off-season with some momentum.

Cause i wouldnt...

I'm pretty sure we will keep them off the board defensively if Rex's brother did, but I fear Geno will hand them the ball 2-3 times in scoring range, or even for D scores, if he doesn't, then yes the Jets beating the Panthers wouldn't surprise me.

The NFL is all about match ups, even some of the best teams in the league matchup poorly with some really bad teams, it's the nature of the beast!

the Jets are a trap game for Carolina. very easy to look past em. 

It's on the road and the jets stink on the road, and they just were beaten down by the Saints in New Orleans.   If they would have won tonight, I could see it being a trapped game,  the way I see it now, Carolina is going to come pissed off and want to beat the Jets into next season.      And if the Jets come out like they normally do on the road, it'll be like many of their blowout losses.   

If this game were in NJ, I'd say they'd have a better shot, but in Carolina, not a chance.  Especially considering now the ego will come back with "we are a good team" thoughts and the way they usually play after wins under Rex.

It's on the road and the jets stink on the road, and they just were beaten down by the Saints in New Orleans.   If they would have won tonight, I could see it being a trapped game,  the way I see it now, Carolina is going to come pissed off and want to beat the Jets into next season.      And if the Jets come out like they normally do on the road, it'll be like many of their blowout losses.   

If this game were in NJ, I'd say they'd have a better shot, but in Carolina, not a chance.  Especially considering now the ego will come back with "we are a good team" thoughts and the way they usually play after wins under Rex.

When exactly was the last time this team won 2 games in a row? I know it hasnt happened this year, and not even sure if occurred last year? It seems pretty amazing that it has taken so long to merely win back to back games? It cant be a phenomenon based on schedule as we just came off a 3 game losing streak against some weak competition. Do they "let down" after a win, patting themselves on the back? I dont know but this occurrence seems to blow up the some of the so called Rex "supporters" claiming he is agreat motivator.

9-7 and some losses by Baltimore can get us in or something. These guys are so motivated now instead of when they actually owned the wildcard that they skipped victory monday. Dude i am so on the train that im putting in a jets superbowl bet with vegas asap. This is a tailor made Rex Ryan playoff run boys hold on for the ride

9-7 and some losses by Baltimore can get us in or something. These guys are so motivated now instead of when they actually owned the wildcard that they skipped victory monday. Dude i am so on the train that im putting in a jets superbowl bet with vegas asap. This is a tailor made Rex Ryan playoff run boys hold on for the ride

Im in for the ride

I won't be shocked at all, and I think we will win. The Rob factor helps us again this week seeing as Carolina just played the Saints, and the interesting thing about the schedule is that the Panthers play the Saints again after they play us, maybe they are either hung over from last night's beat down or looking forward to the next Saints game which is far more important than the game against us. Classic trap game, I say we win.

I won't be shocked at all, and I think we will win. The Rob factor helps us again this week seeing as Carolina just played the Saints, and the interesting thing about the schedule is that the Panthers play the Saints again after they play us, maybe they are either hung over from last night's beat down or looking forward to the next Saints game which is far more important than the game against us. Classic trap game, I say we win.

LOL, the "two Ryans for the price of one" angle is great.

If we get flattened, the question becomes will Woody fire Rob before Rex?

This game much like all of our games this year will come down to what our offense can do against our opponents defense.  If we can sustain some drives and score points we win.  If we go 3 and out all first half long we will lose.  In reality it is that simple... With Holmes, Kerley, and Ivory, we have a chance.  Tune in to find out.

Archived