Milliner out 6-8 weeks (MERGED)

nj meadowlands

Cornerback Dee Millinericon-article-link.gif injured a tendon in his right wrist Thursday during practice. He will undergo surgery today and is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks.

The 5’11”, 201-pound Milliner, who suffered an Achilles injury last October, recently returned to team activities in training camp. A first round-selection of the Jets (No. 9 overall) in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Alabama product has started 14 regular season games while totaling three interceptions and 21 passes defended.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your username says it all.  This guy is one of the biggest catastrophes in our team's illustrious history.  Guy can't stay on the field, so he's beyond irrelevant at this point.

Face it all you Milliner apologists.   Drafting him was a mistake.  He's officially a mega-bust.

To think...I almost made a joke about hoping nobody got hurt while I was at camp since I was there last year when Milliner and McDougle went down...now Milliner and Allen when I stop in.  Maybe I shouldn't go on the 15th/16th after all.

In fairness, there's a sh*t ton of them on this board.

You do realize he could be the next Ed Reed if they just move him to safety, yes?

"Sh*t-ton" squared.  We've all heard the pro-Milliner faction.  They are wrong, and Milliner is a bust on par with Gholston.  I think even Kris Jenkins has played more games for us.

Whoever I was arguing with about keeping Williams over Walls. Well looks like we both win now! :) At least for the first 6 weeks of the season.

Not unless they IR miliner. He'll still be taking up a roster spot and 5 active CBs is enough

and there's 5 weeks until the start of the season, so truth he could only miss a few games. at least he can run.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Your username says it all.  This guy is one of the biggest catastrophes in our team's illustrious history.  Guy can't stay on the field, so he's beyond irrelevant at this point.

Face it all you Milliner apologists.   Drafting him was a mistake.  He's officially a mega-bust.

Guy is made of glass unfortunately.  I'm usually patient with players coming out of college and have some fluke injuries in the first 2 years, but this dude, the wind changes direction and he gets hurt.  Too many injuries over too short of a time period, his development is in the sh*tter so yes imo he is a bust and should be gone at the end of the season.  Really unfortunate because the dude def has some talent hidden inside that frail exterior.

Damn first Allen, now Milliner again. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and have a successful, healthy rest of the season but I won't hold my breath for it to happen.

Its a shame too because I really do think he has the talent and work ethic to make it happen, but he has GOT to stay healthy!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Injury history in college matters.  I remember people dismissing his college injuries based on the argument that he never missed a game, wholly ignoring the greater body strain put on football players in the pros.

The fact that he was injury prone in college but was lucky to play should have been a big warning sign for Idzik.  Crazy that his 2 first rounders turned out to me Mr. Glass and Puff the Magic Dragon his first season.

Injury history in college matters.  I remember people dismissing his college injuries based on the argument that he never missed a game, wholly ignoring the greater body strain put on football players in the pros.

The fact that he was injury prone in college but was lucky to play should have been a big warning sign for Idzik.  Crazy that his 2 first rounders turned out to me Mr. Glass and Puff the Magic Dragon his first season.

More and more, we've all come to see that Idzik was/is an all-world mush.

bronx-tale-mush-o.gif

Archived