Crazy QB option / thoughts

drcgull

i just want a qb w upside that could play if needed. Manziel may bust,  but at this point there is still a chance he develops. Anyone that saw him play in college saw some great stuff.....

I saw Mike Evans catching a lot of wounded duck throws over 3 defenders.  Superhero stuff, really.

There are 3 quarterbacks I would be inquiring on right now:  

• Zach Mettenberger who had a pretty good season for a late round draft pick, and let's be honest, a below average WR corp in Tennessee.  
  • Mike Glennon who has solid starting experience and success (not from a W/L perspective) would probably be the ideal, and then there is
  • Kirk Cousins who has been talked about being traded to almost every team at one point or another.  

Mettenberger, and Glennon are probably not a possibility, but are worth the inquiry with their respective teams high profile draft picks.  Cousins has Colt McCoy in the mix, and is a real possibility IMO.  Any of which, I would gladly offer up a third round pick, given our circumstances, and no GM is going to give away a QB with the Jets organization in this situation.

Another name that the Jets should do some homework on, IMO, and I haven't heard much about is Sean Renfree out in Atlanta.  He was coached by David Cutcliffe, and has been playing behind Matt Ryan for two years.  Probably more so as the third guy behind Ryan and T.J. Yates.  

There are 3 quarterbacks I would be inquiring on right now:  

• Zach Mettenberger who had a pretty good season for a late round draft pick, and let's be honest, a below average WR corp in Tennessee.  
  • Mike Glennon who has solid starting experience and success (not from a W/L perspective) would probably be the ideal, and then there is
  • Kirk Cousins who has been talked about being traded to almost every team at one point or another.  

Mettenberger, and Glennon are probably not a possibility, but are worth the inquiry with their respective teams high profile draft picks.  Cousins has Colt McCoy in the mix, and is a real possibility IMO.  Any of which, I would gladly offer up a third round pick, given our circumstances, and no GM is going to give away a QB with the Jets organization in this situation.

Another name that the Jets should do some homework on, IMO, and I haven't heard much about is Sean Renfree out in Atlanta.  He was coached by David Cutcliffe, and has been playing behind Matt Ryan for two years.  Probably more so as the third guy behind Ryan and T.J. Yates.  

This should be a sticky. Great post. All of those guys may suck, but they are all either at, or ahead, of where Geno was before the broken jaw. I would be very happy with any of the above guys to step in and compete with Fitz. 

PS- ZERO interest in Johnny Football. He is a gimmick QB. Would rather bring back Brett Ratliff

Again I'm a big Geno Smith supporter but many aren't we all know Fitzpatrick isn't the answer and Petty isn't ready or is he?  

Why not let Macc pull the plug and make a blockbuster trade for a QB. 

This team is built to win now. 

Who can that QB be to win us a Super Bowl?

Archived