My thoughts and prayers to Lorenzo Mauldin

joewilly12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happened exactly? I was on the phone then noticed that a guy was being carted off, I didnt realize it was Mauldin until after and I dont know what the injury was. 

truthfully, not much happened. maziel scrambled, a few players converged on him,mauldin, stripped the ball,no real impact on mauldin. average play,physically. mauldin was said to get up,took a few steps and then face planted.head-neck injury.thats all I know

truthfully, not much happened. maziel scrambled, a few players converged on him,mauldin, stripped the ball,no real impact on mauldin. average play,physically. mauldin was said to get up,took a few steps and then face planted.head-neck injury.thats all I know

It most certainly did not LOOK like a very serious injury, no matter the angle or number of times it was replayed.

At most it appeared to be a slight head-twist under the pile, but nothing drastic (no head/helmet all-the-way-round stuff).

Telecast stated he stood, took two steps, then fell face first/faceplant i.e. unconscious or similar.

But looking at the video, it's just impossible to guess tbh.

I was at the game and saw his reaction. While everyone celebrated the big play, auld in was lying sort of stretched and caught my attention immediately. What was sort of surreal is that so many players just glanced over at him and jogged on until finally someone took notice and helped him to his feet it looked like he was about to start running--he didn't really wobble or anything, but he got two steps and tipped forward stiffly, landing on his right shoulder and chest. And again no one took notice as players shuffled on and off until an offensive player caught sight of him and knelt down and called for the medical staff. It really bothered me to he honest. Just a weird thing to happen and odd player reactions as well. 

I would think if he got up and walked 2 steps, it cant be paralysis.  

I think we will get good news tom and he will be back in a few weeks.

it could be.  the spinal cord could have been 80% severed and then walking did the rest.   this sounds very serious

My first impression was a cervical fracture that was exacerbated by his getting up or some sort of spinal concussion. The IV they started right away immediately made me think high-dose steroids due to spinal cord injury, but it could've been for anything. Just seemed weird, as did his arms being restrained.

Also, the troll should be IP banned. Vick-level of dooshbaggery right there.

Archived