"They Played Harder Than Us"

Quote from Calvin Pace in the locker room after the game.

WTF? How was the possible? The Bills had nothing to play for. The Jets had everything to play for. That fact is what will keep me up all night. Paging Coach Blowes...

Bowles is the beneficiary of all the cap space Izdick left him. He's not the almighty-coach homers make him out to be here.

Maybe. Maybe not. Lots more to like in season one than to not like. Let's give the guy a fair shake and see what happens. I think he's going to be just fine. 

Well, one thing to not is always we hear how Herm, Mangini, and Rex made the playoffs in their 1st years as our HCs and we see long term they were bad coaches for us. Maybe this year Bowles missing it his 1st season will go against that convention and he will be a very good HC going forward.

Well, one thing to not is always we hear how Herm, Mangini, and Rex made the playoffs in their 1st years as our HCs and we see long term they were bad coaches for us. Maybe this year Bowles missing it his 1st season will go against that convention and he will be a very good HC going forward.

They all made the playoffs, but none of them had a better record.

Time will tell with Bowles.  At the end of the day, the team won 10 games, and beat the Giants and the Pats.  Back in September, I would have signed up for that.

I am so tired of putting on the coach, the team didn't come to play.  They get paid millions of dollars to show up and play to the best of their ability.  If they didn't know they had to show up today to try and get into the playoffs, then I don't want the player on the team.  

Didn't show up for ....

Didn't Show up for Mangini, fire him.

Didn't Show up for Ryan, fire him.

Didn't show up for Bowles, give up on him.  

How about, the player didn't want to catch the ball, or didn't want to make an accurate pass, or didn't want to hit the right hole, or didn't want to extend the season.  Oh, the coach didn't tell you it was important.

You guys need to relax.  The Jets lost to a solid team that they don't match up well with on the road.  This was never a gimme.

As for Bowles, he's solid. The GM/personnel department (and QB) is always more important than the head coach.  The Jets appeared to have scored with Maccagnan, so they should be fine.

10 wins is a good job.   And the team was actually entertaining to watch.

Also, I believe they inherited better teams. Certainly Rex did.

Quote from Calvin Pace in the locker room after the game.

WTF? How was the possible? The Bills had nothing to play for. The Jets had everything to play for. That fact is what will keep me up all night. Paging Coach Blowes...

That is a serious coaching issue then!!!!

Serious!!!

And I like Bowles. 

"They played harder" is just another way of saying they made more plays and it's true.

It takes more effort, strength, speed, focus, concentration, whatever, to make a play than to miss a play.

Bills won because they made more plays. Case closed.

I dont know if they played harder but no something you want to hear for sure- I do believe it though as the jets looked flat and showed no heart most of the game-  they were better coached and did not have the dumb penalties we did-I thought it was rex coached teams that cant count how many are in huddles-

this was an abysmal performance against a sh*tty bills team-now guys are trying to pump up the bills as a good team-they are not they suck-they did not have their top two rbs either one did not start and the second got hurt

The Jets came into the game expecting the Bills to just roll over since the season was over for them. Once they hit the Jets the team wasnt ready for it. The Jets thought this was going to be a coronation and instead it was a war and they didnt have an answer. The Bills were faster, smarter, and played stronger. Its as bad a regular season loss I can recall since the 90s. The pass to Watkins where he juggled the ball and got a big gain summed up the day. Revis got beat, saw the safety coming and slowed down. Safety whiffs and now Revis has to catch up. That type of play should never happen but it summed up the Jets day.

Very disappointed in the teams effort and the coaches performance. Bowles had zero faith in his defense and offense choosing to just go into the half without a fight. He has to get better at managing the clock and next year he better not get caught up in the Revis name on the back of the jersey. These young guys really did well against Revis all season. You cant go with the island approach anymore. Their approach to Watkins allowed the Bills to control the whole pace of the game and dominate time of possession. Just a brutal effort. 

Archived