Studesville Running Back to Denver

JetNation

helmet.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

The reported interview between the New York Jets and Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville for the team’s opening at offensive coordinator has taken place, and no hire will be made.

Multiple sources are reporting that newly hired Broncos head coach Vance Joseph will be retaining some key members of his staff, with Studesville being among those staying in town.

The Jets coordinator position may be the least desirable spot in the league as the team is without a quarterback, and the man doing the hiring, Todd Bowles, is unlikely to be around beyond next season if his defense doesn’t show dramatic improvement over this past season when the unit ranked 28th in the NFL in points allowed.

While fans may want to see a seasoned coordinator who has had some success get the position come in, it seems increasingly likely that the organization will be forced to reach for an inexperienced candidate or perhaps dip down in to the college ranks.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xwAyAmAINcY

Click here to read the full story...

Bowles Jets HC Tombstone will read:

"I fired Gailey and kept Rodgers."

Everyday I am becoming more convinced that Bowles does not have the faculties for this job, especially since he is trying to do it on his own.   Look at what Coughlin is doing with Marrone.  It's the Two Heads are Better than One Theory.

I will reserve judgment until an OC is hired but Woody is one big Pus*y for not stepping in and squaring this situation away. I was hoping he would do exactly what Jacksonville did. I don't know what the man does or dosent do regarding the teams football operations but to watch a ship sink and let Bowles and Mac try to save it without what appears to be any help on his part is concerning. I will give him credit for hiring Wolf and Casserly at least he put it in the hands of football people, but he needs to intervene and at least show that he will not tolerate  that his franchise being run into the ground while he entertains Trump and Pence.    

Jets OC position is actually not the worst spot to be in. Why? Cuz for one, if you do well, like any team would hope, you will be retained. Then, you have a dummy as your HC, who will be fired after this year, if not during the year. Gives you a chance to become an interim and possibly full time afterwards. 

41 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Amazing the over reaction on this board regarding the OC position. This is the same fanbase and media that was waiting with baited breath for Fitzpatrick to sign. 

Well, the franchise records and all that though. Never mind the historically worst season a veteran QB has ever had. 

This board is not the sharpest tool on the internet, is it?  He didn't reject the Jets. The Jets did not give him an offer.  Had they done so, his bags would be packed already and he'd be looking for a new apartment in the Florham Park area.   

I don't think he was very qualified anyway.  I'm glad Bowles didn't give him an offer. 

As far as this guy not getting an offer on his first interview, did anyone really expect him to land the job on the first interview and without the team interviewing anyone else?  Maybe Studesville realized that the team and head coach are a mess and he took himself out of the running on his own.  

24 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Jets OC position is actually not the worst spot to be in. Why? Cuz for one, if you do well, like any team would hope, you will be retained. Then, you have a dummy as your HC, who will be fired after this year, if not during the year. Gives you a chance to become an interim and possibly full time afterwards. 

The problem is the long odds against having any success running the Jets offense. No QB, an OL in disrepair, a defense that can't get a turnover - or off the field in general. If the head coach gets fired during the season, it probably means his OC of choice isn't doing too well, either. This is similar to the GM search when Rex was part of the package. Same half-assed crap. Why would you give up a solid, steady position coach job to take over such a struggling offense, and very possibly (if not likely) being fired after one season? Is developing Hackenberg a requirement? Is Maccagnan promising to sign a free agent QB? Or to trade up and take one? I don't think Mac is even involved in these interviews. It's a terrible situation. 

To back upn Dcat's post..this board is embarrassing 

Rich Cimini: The RB coach is Eric Studesville, but he's out of the running. Late Friday night, I confirmed a KUSA TV (Denver) report that Studesville is remaining with the Broncos on Vance Joseph's staff. Studesville did, in fact, interview with Jets coach Todd Bowles. It was a good interview, I'm told, but the Jets wanted to continue their search and perhaps Studesville didn't want to risk losing the bird in the hand.

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Bowles Jets HC Tombstone will read:

"I fired Gailey and kept Rodgers."

Everyday I am becoming more convinced that Bowles does not have the faculties for this job, especially since he is trying to do it on his own.   Look at what Coughlin is doing with Marrone.  It's the Two Heads are Better than One Theory.

well, to be fair, Gailey quit

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Used?

Next guess is Brad Childress, because Chiefs will name either Nagy or Childress OC and let the other go.

yup.  99% chance he took the interview to strengthen his position with the broncos. The jets are either going to wind up with some snot nosed nobody or a real machiavellian bastard who tries to take bowles job next year

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Who in their right minds would want to join Todd Bowles staff everyone in the NFL and the world knows he's a moron. 

not only is Bowles as dumb as a door knob, he is a lame duck coach for sure.

29 minutes ago, tfine said:

Whew. 

Thank god. Whoever thinks this is "embarrassing" is delusional. People are acting like we missed out on Bill Walsh..

Are you sure we didn't ? Quick judgment either way without evidence is uncalled for .

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

not only is Bowles as dumb as a door knob, he is a lame duck coach for sure.

A guy who won Defensive Coach of the year at the highest level of football is dumb as a door knob . You must be a candidate for the Noble Peace Prize . 

5 minutes ago, tfine said:

True, but I think we would need OC with experience developing QB's 

No, what we need is an OC with a workable scheme an the ability to teach it .   Then we need a QB who is coachable , with the proper intangibles and patience .  

Archived