Sign in to follow this  
gEYno

**** TANKWATCH 2017 - THE HUNT FOR A QB ****

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

PANDAWATCH. The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.

F21Ifc6.gif

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

On a side note, if Bryce Petty is as good as so many Jet fans think, I hope he never plays a single down for the Jets this season.  We could resign him on the cheap after this season, draft Rosen, let Petty start next season while Rosen learns  and have 3 young QBs .

Keep up the good work coach . 

Petty is already under contract next year. If they end up with the #1 pick I don't see him signing an extension beyond 2018 with a team that gave him a fraction of the reps that they gave to Christian freaking Hackenberg. Odds are they'd just bench him in favor of Rosen anyway. The reason they kept Petty/Hackenberg on the bench as rookies is because those 2 individuals were too raw to use at all, and far worse prospects than anyone we'd take at or around #1 overall in the country; not because of some unwritten rule about benching any/all rookie QBs.

Playing or benching a rookie QB depends on that individual prospect. There's no evidence that benching every rookie QB is smarter than playing him, and playing Petty over Rosen (or whomever) may be an enormous waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Petty is already under contract next year. If they end up with the #1 pick I don't see him signing an extension beyond 2018 with a team that gave him a fraction of the reps that they gave to Christian freaking Hackenberg. Odds are they'd just bench him in favor of Rosen anyway. The reason they kept Petty/Hackenberg on the bench as rookies is because those 2 individuals were too raw to use at all, and far worse prospects than anyone we'd take at or around #1 overall in the country; not because of some unwritten rule about benching any/all rookie QBs.

Playing or benching a rookie QB depends on that individual prospect. There's no evidence that benching every rookie QB is smarter than playing him, and playing Petty over Rosen (or whomever) may be an enormous waste of time.

By any chance are you a Lawyer by profession  ?

Just now, Tinstar said:

I just think you enjoy the argument part of the conversation like some folks enjoy sex .

One doesn't need to be a lawyer for this to be true.

But since you bring it up, you're framing your statement as though fewer than half the people - "some folks" - enjoy sex. 

Back to your statement, if we take a QB #1 overall, he should be starting not sucking a binky while we start Bryce Petty in his stead. The same Bryce Petty they wouldn't start over Josh McCown and tried their hardest to bury behind Hackenberg.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Not impressed with Rosen or Darnold so far. Maybe they will change my mind as the season goes. Jackson is interesting. 

Never really watched Mahomes last year so can't comment on that, and can't give Roesen to much credit beating up on Hawaii on the mainland, but did you watch the show Darnold put on vs a 16th ranked Stanford last night?

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

week 1.jpg

Love it or hate it or living in denial of it, there's a strong chance the Jets are in contention for the #1 overall pick come seasons end.  

Week 1 thus far:

Jets lose.

Bills win.

Jags win.

Browns lose, but play Steelers tight.

Bears lose, but play ATL tight.

The 49ers may be worse than all of us.

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

He has bust written all over him. 

Some people, like Joe willy, fall in love with guys like Mayfield because they want to be contrarian to the Darnold/Rosen crew and think that winning big in college always translates to the NFL and ignores Mayfields size and other negative. I am  not suggesting Mayfield can't become a franchise QB (there are 7-8 guys in every NFL draft that COULD  be a franchise QB), but he will be lucky to be the 6th QB taken in next years draft. Could he  be the next Wilson or Cousins? I guess, but this team isn't tanking for a 6'1 QB that has played most of his career from the shotgun. 

21 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The 49ers may be worse than all of us.

Firmly believe that Shanny Jr. is gonna push for Cousins.  I also still don't think they're worse than us.  They lost to the Panthers, a good team that ran into some bad luck last year with injuries and bad bounces.  We lost to a team also trying to tank.  Badly.

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Who else IS in the QB Race?

49ers

Bears

Jaguars

Bills

Browns

Who else?

The Colts could be in the race for the top pick and then force us or another team to trade them our entire draft for the top pick. We need to finish with the worst record and luckily Bowles is the man to take us to that outcome. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Colts could be in the race for the top pick and then force us or another team to trade them our entire draft for the top pick. We need to finish with the worst record and luckily Bowles is the man to take us to that outcome. 

We literally HAVE to lose every single game.  We basically don't have a choice.  We HAVE to lose.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Would be great if Luck is out through 10/8 when Colts play 49ers and then returns shortly after to get them 5 or so wins.

Maybe they'll hand the keys to Brissett next week and he'll stumble into a win or two.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

49ers

Bears

Jaguars

Bills

Browns

Who else?

Definitely the Colts. Front runners in my view. My personal theory is that Luck is WAY more injured than they are letting on, so Irsay put in the tank order again.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

49ers

Bears

Jaguars

Bills

Browns

Who else?

Pats, Giants? 

53 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Chargers could be a team to watch as well.

Rivers is good enough to get them 4 wins by himself 

not to mention Joey Bosa on defense, that guy is a monster 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Some people, like Joe willy, fall in love with guys like Mayfield because they want to be contrarian to the Darnold/Rosen crew and think that winning big in college always translates to the NFL and ignores Mayfields size and other negative. I am  not suggesting Mayfield can't become a franchise QB (there are 7-8 guys in every NFL draft that COULD  be a franchise QB), but he will be lucky to be the 6th QB taken in next years draft. Could he  be the next Wilson or Cousins? I guess, but this team isn't tanking for a 6'1 QB that has played most of his career from the shotgun. 

He's not even 6'1. Might not even be 6'0 even.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Firmly believe that Shanny Jr. is gonna push for Cousins.  I also still don't think they're worse than us.  They lost to the Panthers, a good team that ran into some bad luck last year with injuries and bad bounces.  We lost to a team also trying to tank.  Badly.

I like your positivity...I'll believe the Jets earn the #1 overall when I see it...lol...first time in decades I'm actually sorta/kinda happy the Jets lost.

On to Week 2 - Games of interest:

Browns at Ravens 
Bills at Panthers 
Cardinals at Colts
Titans at Jags
Bears at Bucs
Dolphins at Chargers
Jets at Raiders
Redskins at Rams
49ers at Seahawks

The Browns probably lose another one, and the Bills probably drop to 1 and 1.  Got to root for the Colts here, but unlikely they pull it off.  Titans vs. Jags is a win/win either way, but for now, lets go Jags.  Maybe the Bears can steal one from the Bucs?  Dolphins vs. Chargers is a win/win here, but be happy to see the Chargers get the win, though they looked good enough last night that I don't think they'll be involved.  Jets will get destroyed by the Raiders.  Redskins vs. Rams is a win/win, but lets get a second for the Rams and put them way out ahead.  49ers will remain heavy in the hunt as they should get destroyed by the Seahawks.