Tony Sparano to the....Jets?

Matt39

I can't remember what hell he does. LB coach?

I knew he was Parcells assistant HC and an offensive guy but I had to look it up. TE coach, OL coach, called plays in 2006 in Dallas. HC for his Alma Mater, New Haven. OC for Boston University back in the late 80's.

Dont know what he'd do here.

Supposedly the Jets are looking at a combo of Todd Haley and Sparano.

Both guys reportedly want to work together again. Haley as the OC and Sparano as the assistant HC/OL coach (Callahan's old title).

I have to say, I'd actually be pretty pleased with that. I don't think there's even a question that the Jets could use some serious experience (non-Jets experience that is) in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, and both of those guys have had some real success in the past as assistants. Haley actually also kind of makes sense considering when they played KC this year, he had nothing but great things to say about his years with the Jets.

Source? Link?

According to Schefter, Sparano would coach the running game while Haley manned the passing game. The arrangement makes sense in theory, but doesn't seem terribly likely to come to fruition unless both men are willing to work for less than they'd otherwise make. Profootballtalk.com believes the Jets are one team that would at least consider such an arrangement. The Arizona Republic reported Friday Haley is in talks to return to Arizona, where he served as offensive coordinator from 2007-08.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1354&line=225984&spln=1

One condition.....

No Sunglasses!

I don't trust a mans word if I can't look em in the eyes.

I think the entire coaching staff should wear sunglasses, every game, every play. It'll bring back some swagger to this team!

(oh, and poor tony has to wear them thanks to grease splattering in his eye as a teen.. very sensitive to light)

PFT, not that they are oozing journalistic integrity are talking about the pair of Haley and Sparano. I think Haley would really light a fight under the offenses a$$

Haley is alright, I wonder how his crazy personality would work with Rex's? I really like Sparano, good football coach. I also like the idea of bringing in two guys with HC experience, to help wrangle this mother****ing team in.

Archived