Kris jenkins rips Tannebbaum on FAN

Bugg

On Boomer and Carton, said Jets' problems stem for up top-an owner that is too involved and a GM who isn't very good. Further the message to players is that football isn't necessarily the priority. As a point of comparison Giants and Coughlin might not be perfect but know to focus on football, and that sometimes that seems get away from "Hollywood" Rex Ryan. And as to Tannenbuam-if you see your coaching staff doesn't do much in the way of player development you have no business drafting projects. Jenkins may a little bitter how his career ended here, but he's not wrong either.

Enough with the ****ing Giants already! The entire team is a ****ing Chunky soup ad. Subway. You name it. A bunch of whores. I can't blame them, but they spend more time with the media and on "non-football" related sh*t than anybody. They win, so it's alright, but give me a ****ing break. That doofus Eli and Victor Cruz haven't turned down an opportunity to be in the media in the last 12 months.

The point on the Jets may have some merit, but the Giants do the same. Nature of the beast in NYC.

Enough with the ****ing Giants already! The entire team is a ****ing Chunky soup ad. Subway. You name it. A bunch of whores. I can't blame them, but they spend more time with the media and on "non-football" related sh*t than anybody. They win, so it's alright, but give me a ****ing break. That doofus Eli and Victor Cruz haven't turned down an opportunity to be in the media in the last 12 months.

The point on the Jets may have some merit, but the Giants do the same. Nature of the beast in NYC.

And remember, the Giants don't talk trash either. All class. It's not like one of their players is warning RGIII to not run to his side or he'll have something for him. Only a Jets player would say something like that.

So I guess Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins are saying things about the organization they played for just for the hell of it. Its not possible for these guys who were on the inside to recognize some of the problems. Nah they are just making sh*t up for attention. :rolleyes:

On Boomer and Carton, said Jets' problems stem for up top-an owner that is too involved and a GM who isn't very good. Further the message to players is that football isn't necessarily the priority. As a point of comparison Giants and Coughlin might not be perfect but know to focus on football, and that sometimes that seems get away from "Hollywood" Rex Ryan. And as to Tannenbuam-if you see your coaching staff doesn't do much in the way of player development you have no business drafting projects. Jenkins may a little bitter how his career ended here, but he's not wrong either.

Bugg is this and exact quote ? or did you write this up ? Did he really call Rex Hollywood ?

Bugg is this and exact quote ? or did you write this up ? Did he really call Rex Hollywood ?

He did say something like "When he came in, we all said "Hollywood" Rex Ryan". That was not in a nasty tone at all. Sense is any NFL HC is going to have an ego, Ryan may only be a little more open about it.

In fairness Jenkins was very focused on the failings of the owner and the GM.Also said while Revis ahs earned the right to have a big rep, a lot of the other Jets, especially younger ones , haven't accomplished anything to earn it, and that some of those guys have lost sight of that they're here to play football

He did say something like "When he came in, we all said "Hollywood" Rex Ryan". That was not in a nasty tone at all. Sense is any NFL HC is going to have an ego, Ryan may only be a little more open about it.

In fairness Jenkins was very focused on the failings of the owner and the GM.Also said while Revis ahs earned the right to have a big rep, a lot of the other Jets, especially younger ones , haven't accomplished anything to earn it, and that some of those guys have lost sight of that they're here to play football

WTF does that even mean? And who is he referring to?

And as to Tannenbuam-if you see your coaching staff doesn't do much in the way of player development you have no business drafting projects.

This is a really astute comment about the Jets under Tannenbaum. The Jets have shown very little ability to develop players so they should be honest with themselves and stay away from 'project' type player (i.e. small school guys like Ducasse).

I think this is really a symptom to the problem which is: why can't the Jets develop young players under Rex?

Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody just try to talk about the Jets to have semi relivant twitter/media careers. Im not taking any advice from the cookie diet guy.

Sadly, this. Neither is a dummy or anything so we're supposed to take them seriously, but mostly I just have a GFY reaction to both.

This is a really astute comment about the Jets under Tannenbaum. The Jets have shown very little ability to develop players so they should be honest with themselves and stay away from 'project' type player (i.e. small school guys like Ducasse).

I think this is really a symptom to the problem which is: why can't the Jets develop young players under Rex?

This. I thought this was a stellar observation. Drafts post-Mangini have had average to poor results.

And I don't think Jenkins is bitter. I think he knows what he's saying. Even if he is a bit bitter, he's not wrong.

And remember, the Giants don't talk trash either. All class. It's not like one of their players is warning RGIII to not run to his side or he'll have something for him. Only a Jets player would say something like that.

It's not like one of their coordinators is whining about an opposing player getting away with penalties, either.

Oh wait yes it is :)

Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody just try to talk about the Jets to have semi relivant twitter/media careers. Im not taking any advice from the cookie diet guy.

Agree....the guy got paid for doing nothing as a Jet yet now is a subject matter expert on how a team should be run.

Wish he would reflect upon how the defense did not miss a beat after each of his injuries.

Agree....the guy got paid for doing nothing as a Jet yet now is a subject matter expert on how a team should be run.

Wish he would reflect upon how the defense did not miss a beat after each of his injuries.

Ill listen to Damien Woody a little, but Kris Jenkins played like 8 games for us, couldnt stop eating reubans and now some how has the pulse of the organization? Nigga PUHLEASE

Not a huge fan of Tanny by any means and while Jenkins makes some valid points, it's funny you never hear him rip on Carolina, who's made their fair share of recent gaffs.. You know, the team where he was drafted, played 80% of his career with, dominated with and whom he'll always be linked to. He talks about the jets, because that's the only media job he was able to garner and anything negative gets jets' fans in a frenzy, it's hardly new. I still don't see why everyone gets worked up about what an ex-player, who's out of the NFL thinks about their team.

Archived