would you be upset if the jets didnt make a pick till friday?

ylekram

Yes absolutely upset. We have two high first round picks and I hope Jets draft one of the top talent in the draft (Star or Ansah, if they fall). I also hope we trade down in to the late 20s and grab an extra Friday pick. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of trading out of the 1st into the early 2nd round, while picking up a 1st in 2014.

If the Jets traded Revis, to land another top 15 pick, only to trade both of those picks and not take a single player in the first round, I'd literally lose my ******* mind and possibly end my father's life a couple of years early for picking this god forsaken team.

Without seeing what's going to be there, I want them to take a player at #9, then trade down the #13 to their heart's content. Get a later first, and trade down from there. Trade a second round pick for a first in 2014, etc.  

But you have an opportunity to take a top ten player, take him. Despite the alleged weakness of the draft, the good news is that the Jets probably aren't interested in the three tackles scheduled to go ahead of them. I think the only way the draft blows up for them is if Mingo or Jones is off the board at #9, and I don't see that happening. Once they get that big fish, it'll make it a lot easier to maneuver however they want the rest of the way. 

No, I wouldn't. As long as the draft value charts were close enough, I would be fine with it.

If we have 3 of the top 10 picks in round 2 (that would include our own) plus we picked up, say, a 4th this year and also a 1st and 2nd next year? Hells to the yeah.

I don't care what he does as long as he adds a significant amount of talent. Francesa says he's basically a monkey ******* a coconut right now with no direction or gameplan so who knows.

The seahawks have drafted 4 Pro Bowlers in last 3 drafts, tied with bengals for most in that span... I am just saying.. oh btw F Fatceasa what the hell does that jerk off know

If the Jets traded Revis, to land another top 15 pick, only to trade both of those picks and not take a single player in the first round, I'd literally lose my ******* mind and possibly end my father's life a couple of years early for picking this god forsaken team.

Me too. What's your father's address?

Without seeing what's going to be there, I want them to take a player at #9, then trade down the #13 to their heart's content. Get a later first, and trade down from there. Trade a second round pick for a first in 2014, etc.  

But you have an opportunity to take a top ten player, take him. Despite the alleged weakness of the draft, the good news is that the Jets probably aren't interested in the three tackles scheduled to go ahead of them. I think the only way the draft blows up for them is if Mingo or Jones is off the board at #9, and I don't see that happening. Once they get that big fish, it'll make it a lot easier to maneuver however they want the rest of the way. 

Excellent stragedy. Hopefully the Jets take heed.

of course.  the roster is desperate for impact talent, you can't have 2 high picks and not get a player

I think they trade 9 and pick 13, and I think the bills will have a lot to do with it if they take a surprise pick the #9 value goes way up

ifn they got good trade value? i would be upset if they passed on lotulelei or ansah,but they say the meat of this draft is round 2 thru 4.

I'd be thrilled IF this meant having 5 2nd round picks, and 3 2014 1st round picks, but that is pretty impossible to pull off, and if you did do this, you HAVE to trade Cromartie to the highest bidder for more 2014 picks, because this move means you have conceded the 2013 season IMO. But otherwise if this happened then ill go buy a Bucs jersey, and route for Revis.

It's unrealistic that they'd get even trade value for 9 and 13 and not end up picking until day 2. But if they did get even value that likely means a future first or two (which would be nice in a draft where they may try to get their QB of the future) and they'd have the majority of their picks where this draft is the strongest. For a team with terrible depth, that wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm one of the few who'd be fine with it.

Archived