Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson..... Clowney????

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what our D-Line will look like if we completely tank it this year....

not a bad consolation prize. 

Can you say "New York Sack Exchange Mark II?"

How long have you been a Jets fan?  

You know damn well that nothing works out that well for the Jets.  They wont suck enough, end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick, take Bridgewater and then proceed to watch him and Geno battle out to be the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Or, the Jets do somehow get it right and suck enough for Clowney, and he'll suffer a career ending injury on his way up to the podium on draft day. 

How long have you been a Jets fan?  

You know damn well that nothing works out that well for the Jets.  They wont suck enough, end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick, take Bridgewater and then proceed to watch him and Geno battle out to be the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Or, the Jets do somehow get it right and suck enough for Clowney, and he'll suffer a career ending injury on his way up to the podium on draft day. 

Wow man, I thought I was negative. Seriously, I think the Jets will still have a top 10 D this year. As we have talked to death, however, their O is going to suck.

Can we atleast wait till half way through the college season before we make Clowney the next LT.

Even if he has an even more dominant season this year and definitely looks to be the second coming of Clowney, many Jets fans would freak if the team took him over a QB, WR, RB and probably even a TE since we have so little talent on offense and so many first round picks have been spent on the DL already.

Even if he has an even more dominant season this year and definitely looks to be the second coming of Clowney, many Jets fans would freak if the team took him over a QB, WR, RB and probably even a TE since we have so little talent on offense and so many first round picks have been spent on the DL already.

If Clowney does have another great season with no crazy off field sh*t and looks like the next LT or Lewis and the Jets are in position to take him they'd have to. A defensive player of that caliber only comes around once in a while and has to be taken. I'd much rather the Jets take a player like that then grasp and take a QB because they're desperate like they did with Sanchez and possibly did with Smith.

That said its way to early to consider where any college player should be drafted. So much can change in one season or even part of one, ask Te'o.

If Clowney does have another great season with no crazy off field sh*t and looks like the next LT or Lewis and the Jets are in position to take him they'd have to. A defensive player of that caliber only comes around once in a while and has to be taken. I'd much rather the Jets take a player like that then grasp and take a QB because they're desperate like they did with Sanchez and possibly did with Smith.

That said its way to early to consider where any college player should be drafted. So much can change in one season or even part of one, ask Te'o.

I'm in agreement with you on both accounts unless Bridgewater blows the lid off of the season and sets some new records or something.  Then I'd have to think long and hard about passing on him, but still would probably take Clowney for the reasons you stated, and would just hope that Geno developed, would sign the best FA QB I could, and might even take another QB in the 3rd or 4th round (after I'd hopefully grabbed an excellent WR or TE prospect in the 2nd).

We can get a QB, RB, WR or TE in rounds 5, 6 and 7.

Archived