If you supported Idzik, don't complain

stoicsentry

If you supported Idzik when he sat on $21M that could have gotten us the cornerback and wide receiver that we so desperately need, then I don't wanna see any bitching from you. I don't wanna hear you blame Rex or Geno or Marty or anyone else on this entire team. Your GM thought it was better to punt the season. If you were happy about that, then you have the team you deserve. Enjoy it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you supported Idzik when he sat on $21M that could have gotten us the cornerback and wide receiver that we so desperately need, then I don't wanna see any bitching from you. I don't wanna hear you blame Rex or Geno or Marty or anyone else on this entire team. Your GM thought it was better to punt the season. If you were happy about that, then you have the team you deserve. Enjoy it.

The funny thing is, we'll win enough games to be out of the running for Mariota. 5-11 or 6-10, I'm calling it.

I can't help it but agree. However, he could have realized how bad a mistake he made with Geno (Sucks) Smith and decided that he will spare the money since this team could not hope for more than 5 or 6 wins with him at the helm and is waiting to make another Quarterbacking mistake before investing the money.

I can't help it but agree. However, he could have realized how bad a mistake he made with Geno (Sucks) Smith and decided that he will spare the money since this team could not hope for more than 5 or 6 wins with him at the helm and is waiting to make another Quarterbacking mistake before investing the money.

that's really the curious thing about Idzik.   He pushed all in with Geno and then didn't bother to build the OL or add weapons on offense.  Sure decker is a nice addition but the team desperately needs a #1 WR.  

that's really the curious thing about Idzik.   He pushed all in with Geno and then didn't bother to build the OL or add weapons on offense.  Sure decker is a nice addition but the team desperately needs a #1 WR.  

IDGAF about #1/#2 and all that nonsense... just give him guys to throw to that are better than David Nelson or Greg Salas, etc. (With respect to Salas who did actually have a decent game, the point remains...)

I support Idzik. Not even scared to say it. Who I shouldnt have supported was Rex and Marty. That was me being optimistic. I guess Idzik did that same with those two. 

Oregon QB huh? Kellen Clemens 2.0?

Except he's nowhere near the athlete Mariota is. I like Mariota because he's a hard qb to completly **** up with cause he's so athletic and has crazy throwing talent, fast release and arm strength. Even Ryan would be hard pressed to **** him up, I have no doubt that Ryan would somehow succeed in ruining him though.

There is plenty of blame to go around.  Idzik isn't off to good start but how much influence does Woody play into Idzik's blame?  I think its mostly on Woody we know that Rex was forced on him (it was a condition in the GM search).

1) He should have fired Rex when he got the job.  Thats not open to debate Rex came off back to back seasons where he lost the locker room at the end of the season.

2) He should have fired the scouting department for years of futility (I'm looking at you Mr Bradway).  This might be mostly on idzik.

The thing that doesn't bother me at all is the Jets are under the cap.  No need to load up on FA (unless they come on the cheap) until you find a franchise QB.  I hope we suck enough down the road to land Connor Cook.

Idiotic....

While I would like to see a better team, I would not like to have the team saddled with the contract DCR got while we need to pay guys like Wilkerson, Kerley, and Harrison next season.  Revis would have come here and broke the bank at CB.  The one thing I am disappointed with is the lack of offensive weapons.  We went through FA and a deep draft and came away with nothing.  If I have an issue at this moment with Idzik, it was with the draft.  WAY to early though to make any full conclusions, but early returns are not good.

I also go on the record, i´m pro Idzik. He is in the middle of his rebuild.

Before the season many of us thought we would have little to no chances winning after week one and until we have played against the pats. Of course the reason to dismay is the way we have lost the last 3 games. I would like to go on the record saying Rex is done, Marty also. It´s a scary thought since so much can go wrong but it feels like a neccessary way to go.

Geno get the remaining season to prove himself. Then we know who to take in the 1st round. If QB, I hope Idzik go all in.

The one thing I am disappointed with is the lack of offensive weapons.  We went through FA and a deep draft and came away with nothing.  If I have an issue at this moment with Idzik, it was with the draft.  WAY to early though to make any full conclusions, but early returns are not good.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying. So...

This is what happens when you hire a GM and insist that they must keep the HC. You get the worst possible candidates. You hire a GM and let him choose his HC, if he liked Rex, fine, but when you hire a GM and force the HC on him, you are dramatically reducing the pool of candidates. Nobody wants to work for an owner who makes football decisions like the HC, nobody good at least.

Idzik is a tool, I never understood the enamor by the fan base with him, OK, so his name was not Tannebaum, but that was literally the only thing the tool had going for him.

Unfortunately this franchise won't get better until Woody gets the Fk out of the way and lets competent football people make the decisions.

uh smart people can and often do change their minds. rex refusing to move from sanchez and now geno and sticking to his original position no matter what new information comes to light is the primary reason we stink.

I also go on the record, i´m pro Idzik. He is in the middle of his rebuild.

Before the season many of us thought we would have little to no chances winning after week one and until we have played against the pats. Of course the reason to dismay is the way we have lost the last 3 games. I would like to go on the record saying Rex is done, Marty also. It´s a scary thought since so much can go wrong but it feels like a neccessary way to go.

Geno get the remaining season to prove himself. Then we know who to take in the 1st round. If QB, I hope Idzik go all in.

"many of us thought we would have little to no chances winning after week one and until we have played against the pats"  was this before or after idzik worked his magic with 12 draft picks and $50m only to have the same team as last year?

Archived