Meaningless sh*t Win

neckdemon

Or even better. We beat both the Patriots and Dolphins and everyone stays because "improvement".

pats are going to hang 50 on the jets next week.then revis will get his ring in 2 months. what a very,very sh*tty, dogdick season. fire rex and keep idzik just to top off this cupcake of a season

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the Jets are in the perfect spot to draft the combine workout warrior with all that tempting upside, but a college career of mediocre film and questions about desire.  Again.  This franchise does everything wrong.  They even suck at sucking.  Don't even talk about trading down because no team will want the 6th pick.  It will cost the Jets an arm and a leg to trade up when all they had to do was lose today and could have had an elite player for free. 

Had the chance of having a good kid who was extremely passionate about the game. And what do we do, blow it. SMH.

I'm curious, honestly, at what you're shaking you head about and what, exactly, you expected to happen today.

Do you really think Rex, who will almost assuredly be fired, and the players, who play purely for their own careers and paychecks, were going to.......what exactly?  Throw the game?

For the chance at a draft pick.

Maybe.

What fantasy world do you live in where that actually happens? 

We didn;t lose a chance at Mariota.  We never HAD a chace at Mariota.  We never would have a chance till the season was over and played out.

And even at #2, with a QB hungry Tampa at #1, we were never getting Mariota anyway.

So whats this big pouty tearfest about again?

I'm curious, honestly, at what you're shaking you head about and what, exactly, you expected to happen today.

Do you really think Rex, who will almost assuredly be fired, and the players, who play purely for their own careers and paychecks, were going to.......what exactly?  Throw the game?

Maybe.

We didn;t lose a chance at Mariota.  We never HAD a chace at Mariota.  We never would have a chance till the season was over and played out.

And even at #2, with a QB hungry Tampa at #1, we were never getting Mariota anyway.

If we would've fire Rex before this game. This team would've lost a lot of drive. They would look like the Titans right now a shell of themselves. Tampa has a pretty good shot at beating the Saints which I think they'll do.

We also probably would've had Moronwheg leading our team, who lead the Lions to an 0-16 record.

Edit: 5-27 record, needless to say he sucks.

A meaningless late season win kept the Jets from getting Matt Ryan as well. History keeps repeating itself for Jets.

Its funny that "real" Colts fan didn't have to worry about meaningless wins when they were on their way to get Peyton and Luck.

A meaningless late season win kept the Jets from getting Matt Ryan as well. History keeps repeating itself for Jets.

Its funny that "real" Colts fan didn't have to worry about meaningless wins when they were on their way to get Peyton and Luck.

Those Colts teams didn't know how to win, though, so it's six of one, really.

Do you really think Rex, who will almost assuredly be fired, and the players, who play purely for their own careers and paychecks, were going to.......what exactly? Throw the game?

Maybe.

We didn;t lose a chance at Mariota. We never HAD a chace at Mariota. We never would have a chance till the season was over and played out.

That time when the Colts opted to start Curtis Painter all year and went 2-14 and drafted Andrew Luck

This time it's worse. This time it's a bullsh*t unsportsmanlike penalty that cost the Jets. It really is amazing, the curse has no bounds.

Very frustrating. You can not berate your team for a victory, but we always blow opportunities to draft elite talent.

I am not sold on another run option QB - Mariota - being the best pick for the Jets. At number six there are two QB prospects that nobody is talking about. Bryce Petty of Baylor who runs a pro style offense and his team averaged 50 points per game. Another senior is Garrett Grayson of Colorado State. He threw for 3,770 yards and had a 64.8 percent completion rate. Both of these could be QB's of the future and could be probably had later in the first round or perhaps in round two. Lets not cry about a win, lets just HOPE this big victory doesn't fool our very foolish owner into thinking Rex has things figured out now.

I am not sold on another run option QB - Mariota - being the best pick for the Jets. At number six there are two QB prospects that nobody is talking about. Bryce Petty of Baylor who runs a pro style offense and his team averaged 50 points per game. Another senior is Garrett Grayson of Colorado State. He threw for 3,770 yards and had a 64.8 percent completion rate. Both of these could be QB's of the future and could be probably had later in the first round or perhaps in round two. Lets not cry about a win, lets just HOPE this big victory doesn't fool our very foolish owner into thinking Rex has things figured out now.

Great...

Again, we miss out on Favre...

And draft Browning Pha-Nagle...

NYJ: The biggest loser.

It’s clear that this team still has no direction even after losing 11 games thus far.

If the plan is to fire Rex at the end of the season, then Rex should have been canned already. This would have been the “logical” move and by default would have improved our chances of a higher pick. 

Not firing him must mean that Woody is still not sure about Idzik and Rex seperately, and as a tandem, going forward.

So at this point, it’s anyone’s guess what’ll transpire at the end of the season.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re both back next year. No joking, i really wouldn’t.

what's the difference between 2-14 and 3-13? We beat a very lousy team with a third string QB and a nobody at LT. So all the vets that are getting cut this offseason can hang their loser hats on this one win. I hope you really enjoy Geno Smith running the 30th ranked offense for the next several years.

Winning is important. Maybe we should have tried that in September.

F Woody. F Rex. I hope Woody understands how Fn bad this sets this team back.

Winning good. Losing bad.

Maybe.

if woody were smart he would have fired rex by now and named an interim with the directive to play simms and some of the backups to see where they stand.

The right call would have been to fire Rex at the bye.

Then start making moves with 2015 in mind. This is on Woody. He and the rest of the unintelligent fans clinging to this win deserve what's coming the next few seasons.

It doesn't matter who the GM or HC is. Unless they can turn Geno into Aaron Rodgers, they both will be gone in 3 years and we can start this process over again.

Instead is showing up with towels next week, fans just shouldn't bother to show at all.

It doesn't matter who the GM or HC is. Unless they can turn Geno into Aaron Rodgers, they both will be gone in 3 years and we can start this process over again.

Instead is showing up with towels next week, fans just shouldn't bother to show at all.

I disagree.  Most won't show, except Cheatriot fans of course.  But for the few thousand that will, bring those towels, whip them furiously, and then throw them on the field in unison.  I despise Idzik more than any other Jet figure in history.... even Rich Kotite.  Kotite let Chrebet into the practice facility.  What Idziot did with 20 draft picks is criminal. 

This is what happens when you have a stupid owner that knows nothing about the game or what it takes for long term sustainability. Should have fired Rex weeks ago because this was an inevitability. Finally ran across a crappy enough team to **** everything up. Unbelievable

Really this is what it comes down to. People are mad at the players/Rex but thats like being angry at shark for biting someone- Its their nature. The real idiot here is Woody. He allowed this whole situation to happen and put the team in this situation. 

I just can't believe how bad our talent is. We were facing a terrible team that was missing all of its key players due to injury and a 3rd string QB and we were lucky to win due to a BS penalty. I think its clear as day this team is going to take years to get better. This isn't a roster you fix in one offseason. I dont people get how bad this team really is. 

This is going to be the second time we draft in the top 10 in 3 years. I expect us to stay in the bottom 10 for the next few years as well. We have not been this bad since Kotite.  

There are no guarantees on Mariota, and there are no guarantees on Winston.

You play to win, period.  Don't like it?  Cheer for another team.

Jeepers...we are the ONLY fan base that cheers for losing.

you had me up until the 3rd line…listen I'm not one of the guys whining about the win, I'd be fine with a blue chip O lineman at 5 or 6….but to say we are the ONLY fan base that cheers for losing at the end of dismal seasons is totally false, every fan base does it in every sport, every year.

Archived