First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex was never gm-he played the guys that were given to him-in order to coach and develop young talent there must be TALENT- what talent did Rex fail to develop? They drafted mostly defense on his watch and those young guys played well and developed fine-Wilkerson and Richardson prime examples

I will hold on to the AFCCG losses-having been a ticket holder for over 30 years I know how RARE those are for this organization

I 've also bee a ticket holder for over 30 years - but I don't want consolation ribbons - I want the real thing the Lombardi. Rex was a fraud who took good teams and helped to run them into the ground, let him do the same for the BIlls - good riddance.

Because coaches can improve.

Not Rex. He got worse each year. What a completely idiotic move by Buffalo. Well, good for us he can get his one win a year against NE and we can beat his sorry butt twice a year. Buffalo is going to be a train wreck. Rex will not see the mistakes he made and change, he will become more of what he is. Wow, someone hired the loser, amazing. 

anybody that saw the Tebow fiasco knows first hand Rex did not have a great deal of control over the roster-he never wanted him but yet was forced to have him on his roster

the only influence Rex had was getting a few ex ravens willing to play for him 

Really!! Rex had no inclinations of using Tebow in the wildcat, after he saw Tebow run all over his D  in crunch time ???. Rex drooled over that potential wildcat QB , but him or his dumb hire Sparano had no chance of matching how McDaniels reworked his entire offense to fit Tebow in effectively. Yeah after the fact its easy to say he wanted no part - but he did just like he wanted Mason, Holmes, Edwards, Ed Reed.

I am torn. The idea of Rex taking his entire staff with him is funny cause they haven't accomplished much in a while. But I am also interested in seeing Rex run a team with a ton of control over personnel power. Not that I know if he had any here or not, but still. 

Also, the Bills have a stud D Line. Throw in all our castoffs, and Revis.. thats gonna look like Jets North.

We were a 4-12 football team. Who cares if they take our castoffs... and if they spend on Revis before a QB, then they deserve what they get.

Because alot of us think it wasn't all his fault.  This roster has been degrading since the 2nd AFCCG.  Tannenbaum destroyed the offense, Idzik destroyed the defense and there you have it 4 and 12.   It's not like he got stupider the more he coached.  He was the same guy, different team. 

Yes the "Rex gets all the credit when we get to the playoffs, but no blame whatsoever when we suck argument, and it has to be the GM, GM#2, OC, OC#2, OC#3, QB1, QB2s fault" LAME-O argument. Rex DID get worse, and he was not that good to begin with. 

Not Rex. He got worse each year. What a completely idiotic move by Buffalo. Well, good for us he can get his one win a year against NE and we can beat his sorry butt twice a year. Buffalo is going to be a train wreck. Rex will not see the mistakes he made and change, he will become more of what he is. Wow, someone hired the loser, amazing. 

players got worse each year-revis and cro prime examples-gone but never replaced

Rex did not have control over the roster-see tebow-rex hated him but there he was

anybody that saw the Tebow fiasco knows first hand Rex did not have a great deal of control over the roster-he never wanted him but yet was forced to have him on his roster

the only influence Rex had was getting a few ex ravens willing to play for him 

Lol...dumbest post of the week right there. Rex had huge infuence over the draft,  and it was widely reported he LOVED the Tebow move. Rex loved anyone that beat him. Because of that, don't be shocked to see Locker in Buffalo

so just for augments sake, lets say Rex goes 5-11 with Marrones team….how does that get spun?

No weapons. No QB. Bad owner. GM isn't a "football guy". He has to change the culture first. Schwartz's fault. Offensive coordinator's fault. Weather. Lake. Economy. Obama. God.

Just not Rex. 

Yes the "Rex gets all the credit when we get to the playoffs, but no blame whatsoever when we suck argument, and it has to be the GM, GM#2, OC, OC#2, OC#3, QB1, QB2s fault" LAME-O argument. Rex DID get worse, and he was not that good to begin with. 

quality of players got worse-we lost a hall of fame caliber corner and another pro bowl corner and did not replace either of them-if we had solid corner play and signed a weapon such as sanders or djax to go on the other side of decker this is a very different team

Lol...dumbest post of the week right there. Rex had huge infuence over the draft,  and it was widely reported he LOVED the Tebow move. Rex loved anyone that beat him. Because of that, don't be shocked to see Locker in Buffalo

yeah rex loved him(Tebow) so much he NEVER played him at QB and chose to play anybody but him at qb

His trash also include our DL. Which gets one upped at Buffalo.

I'll take our D-Line over theirs, thank you. All their guys are signed to huge contracts, they're much older, they have red flags. Pace & Landry would fit right in. No red flags, but they suck, they're old and overpaid.

Nope - reason to celebrate.  More chances to witness his cluelessness but only now we get the benefit of it.

Perfectly put.

This move will end up setting the Bills back even more than they already were.  Yes, Rex will bring that unique brand of swagger that only a coach with two winning seasons in six years can inexplicably bring to a team, and it might give them a slight jolt in the beginning, but that team will deteriorate into their version of the 2014 Jets a lot sooner than 6 years into the Ryan regime.

Plus, one also has to wonder how these Bills players are going to buy into Rex.  They've kicked his ass four of the last five times they've faced each other and now they're supposed to buy into his ability as a HC.

The Bills job was teh least desirable of them all, anyone that argues otherwise is lying through their teeth. I don't care what opinion people have of Rex. He's in Buffalo because he wants to coach, not an be an anchor, but as I've said elsewhere he'll be good for them for a couple years - maybe not in the wins column, but overall he'll bring them the type of excitement he's capable of, the type of excitement that makes you love the guy and kind of look past the suck at first. As the organization normalizes after new ownership comes in, that's necessary, I think.

Anyway, good for him. I cannot wait until he starts trash talking us and the Pats. It's going to be entertaining and then-some.

It is definitely a good time for jets and bills message boards lol.

Exactly what we all said yesterday after Edelman throws that TD to Amendola (fukkin awesome play, BTW).  Notice how Belicheat and his staff react.   Act like you've been there before.  

Again, can't wait to hear all the same BS we got from Rex the last six years once he starts coaching the Bills.  Their board is gonna flip out.  I might need to join in after they start off 0-4.

I went to college in Buffalo... Great fans. I think REX will go 9 7. Or. 10. 6. After that.... Nothing unless he gets a terrific OC.

he can't develop players

#1 Schwartz is going to hate working for Rex and his constant meddling!

#2 Schwartz probably feels it should have been his HC job since he and Rex are equivalent as coaches!

100%... don't get this from either side... Rex went to a jet equiviliant team where he can relive his failures... And Buffalo hired a guy who runs a strong defense but had trouble finding a QB, which is exactly thier situation ...

The news just keeps getting worse:

This is awesome news, actually.  Harris is a dinosaur who can't cover, Colon is a penalty machine, and Landry is worthless.  Sounds like perfect cornerstone pieces for Rex to build his team on (even though he already has several cornerstones on defense).  

Maybe we can fleece him in a deal for Snacks so we can finally run a 4-3 defense.

I went to college in Buffalo... Great fans. I think REX will go 9 7. Or. 10. 6. After that.... Nothing unless he gets a terrific OC.

he can't develop players

So every good player on the jets just happened to be good unless they were bad and then it was Rex's fault right??

This is awesome news, actually.  Harris is a dinosaur who can't cover, Colon is a penalty machine, and Landry is worthless.  Sounds like perfect cornerstone pieces for Rex to build his team on (even though he already has several cornerstones on defense).  

Maybe we can fleece him in a deal for Snacks so we can finally run a 4-3 defense.

landry was solid, but replaceable.  he isn't getting mo or sheldon or snacks and that is all that matters

100%... don't get this from either side... Rex went to a jet equiviliant team where he can relive his failures... And Buffalo hired a guy who runs a strong defense but had trouble finding a QB, which is exactly thier situation ...

jets are a strong defensive team, sh*tty offense .. so we hire defensive coach to fix what isn't broken

Atlanta reverse and hiring a OC while defense will continue to suck

Don't understand these guys thinking.

This is like that time you started dating a girl and things were going great for a while but she went a little. You keep her around for a little too long in hopes it could be that good again. Then, when you finally dump her and you're ready to move on. She gets with one of your boys. Like, ****, I thought I got rid of you, go away bitch.

Schwartz will be totally against ANY of these guys taking roster spots from "HIS" guys.

This will be the way he gets Rex to fire him and go take a job somewhere else!

You stick to what you know..LOL Maybe he gets a 6th rd QB that becomes a HOF QB?? Nah that would never happen especially to a HC that had only 1 winning season..

If we run a 4-3 defense Snacks is the odd man out.  I'd take a 2nd rounder for him any day of the week.

I think ellis is out.  snacks is a guy you find room on the roster for.  I think they can tender him at a 1st/2nd pretty easily but I'm not sure of the details

Archived