First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

We will know in a few days if Quinn is our guy.  With the new GM Mike Maccagnan in place and the last guy we want to interview Gary Kubiack now available for an interview, if we don't hire someone this week then Quinn is our guy.

Hopefully, I am just worried about getting screwed like Cleveland did last year.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw- I'm fine with Quinn, kubiak or Bowles, all bring something substantial to the table. Let's face it everyone, and I will post this theme multiple times leading up to fa and draft... If we don't find a qb....gm, coach etc is meaningless.......

Lol. As if those games were arm-wrestles between Marrone and Rex.

Atlanta passed? Says a lot when an historically great franchise like Atlanta passes on a coach. They've proven they know what they're doing down there.

Atlanta was the job Rex wanted according to multiple reports. The Falcons was the better job of the two by a mile, Rex wanted the Falcons job, and they passed. Buffalo settled on Rex, he settled on them.

Think Pioli and Demtrioff freaked the eff out and Blank came to his senses.

The Bills hire a coach they beat twice by a total score of 81-26.

Good luck. The Bills are gonna need it, especially if his next big idea for offense is to hire Trestman. Cannot beleive it's true, ut some media reports indicate in his meeting with the Bears, Ryan said he would like to bring back Trestman as OC, which means he either didn't really want the job or is f___ing nuts.

Agree about ATL, I think the owner there deferred to his football guys.

Bold: I believe it means that Rex evaluates assistant coaches the way he does players, like an uninformed fan.

I wanted to root for him to be successful in Atlanta or SF. Now We gotta deal with his defense twice a year. At least Geno can't look as bad as he did vs Buffalo this year or can he?.

i ain't worried. When the game matters he'll run a prevent defense and we'll run all over him. 

Btw- I'm fine with Quinn, kubiak or Bowles, all bring something substantial to the table. Let's face it everyone, and I will post this theme multiple times leading up to fa and draft... If we don't find a qb....gm, coach etc is meaningless.......

Many of us believe the right coach and gm is a precursor to finding a QB, since it's sort of their job to find the QB... unless you mean something else when you say "we". 

That's what I am afraid of we wait for Quinn and he is hired somewhere else. I don't believe in this wink crap We always hear the jets are the front runner for this and that and we r left with our D**k in our hand.

Quinn has no reason to screw the Jets over. He'll have a wink deal in place with someone if the Seahawks continue to on to the Super Bowl. If the Jets aren't his team, they'll probably turn to Bowles quickly (if he's really interested in the Jets - which is questionable).

The Buffalo Bills are putting the finishing touches on a five-year deal that will make Rex Ryan their next head coach, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The hiring of Ryan, who will earn a salary of $5.5 million per year, would complete an extensive coaching search for the Bills, who have interviewed 12 candidates since Doug Marrone opted out of his contract on Dec. 31.

The Bills conducted a second interview with Ryan on Saturday night, sources told ESPN. He also interviewed for the Falcons' coaching vacancy. But when the Falcons dragged their feet on hiring Ryan, which they strongly considered doing at one point last week, he agreed to Buffalo's wishes for a second interview and the new deal, sources told ESPN.

The offensive coordinator Ryan is most likely to bring with him to Buffalo is the San Francisco 49ers' Greg Roman, a source told ESPN. The Bills have said they would like to keep Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator and pair him with the best head coach possible.

Ryan already has spoken to Schwartz about staying as Buffalo's defensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN. But Schwartz runs a 4-3 defensive scheme with a wide-9 front -- used consistently this year only by the Bills and Lions, according to a source -- while Ryan prefers a hybrid 3-4 scheme.

Ryan spent the last six seasons with the Jets, going 46-50 and helping New York reach the AFC Championship Game in each of his first two years.

But Ryan and general manager John Idzik were fired on Dec. 29 after the Jets went 4-12 and missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season. Ryan is not expected to bring many, if any, of his former Jets offensive assistant coaches to Buffalo, according to a source.

The defensive-minded Ryan will inherit a Bills defense that ranked fourth in the NFL and had a league-leading 54 sacks this past season.

But he also will inherit a quarterback situation that appears just as unsettled as it was with the Jets, where Geno Smith's inconsistent play hurt the team's offense. EJ Manuel, who like Smith was drafted in 2013, appears in line to start for Buffalo.

After struggling over the first four games, Manuel was benched in favor of veteran Kyle Orton, who retired after the season.

Ryan will become the first coach to change teams within the same division since Bill Parcells joined the Jets in 1997, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Parcells coached the New England Patriots the previous season.

The Bills went 9-7 this past season -- finishing with a winning record for the first time since 2004 -- but haven't made the postseason in 15 years, the longest active drought in the NFL.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan contributed to this report.

So, Jets vs. Bill Rivalry (weakest IMO in the AFC East) suddenly to become meaningful in some way?

I was happy to wish Rex good luck in a vague way if he went to Atlanta, he's a likeable guy (if not a guy I wanted to retain).

Now?  **** him in his fat foot-fetish-loving ass, I wish for him nothing but disdain, failure and grief (professionally speaking).

And I'm going to say it now, ANY Jets Fan who praises or roots in ANY way for Ryan after he's hired by Buffalo is a bad fan, period.  

Please, Rex, take them with you. All of them. Except for Dunbar, if he leaves I'll be pissed.

Jeff Weeks-the charmed life of Rex Ryan's drinking buddy. Calling him an assistant coach is an insult tto assistant coaches.

I'm not sure who should be more nervous - us or Bills fans?

I'm sure. Neither.

Bills fans should enjoy the ride, I think Rex will be there like 2-3 years and he can make it a lot of fun for them. Those fans deserve a little blind faith, and Rex is the type of guy that can give it to them. I have no confidence it pans out, but he'll make them believe for a while. In contrast, we deserve someone that comes in and wins. No more empty promises. 

Rex will keep the AFC East fun. 

Int. yes, that obviously goes without saying.... Point is ... If we just stay with geno or pick up mediocre vet, we will still suck. Need to find someone in draft , or overpay in trade for a Ben r., or rivers... We have the cap room, and high pick to at least explore offers?

Quinn has no reason to screw the Jets over. He'll have a wink deal in place with someone if the Seahawks continue to on to the Super Bowl. If the Jets aren't his team, they'll probably turn to Bowles quickly (if he's really interested in the Jets - which is questionable).

Hopefully that's is the case and there in not another team that he is also interested in. I don't take much stock in the Wink deals, without a contract people can easily change their minds.

What worries me the most is Rex always had his Jets up for the Pats game.

It always took Brady being Brady to stop the Jets from winning those close games.

Now we'll be the Pats to Rex and there's no Brady to save us.

Rex will probably fail in Buffalo, but he'll beat the Jets.

But think of all the points we'll score before half and in the hurry up at the end of games.  Plus Rex won't prepare for Geno or whoever we have at QB , just like he didn't prepare for Orton. He only gameplans for Brady and Manning.

Because coaches can improve.

How long will it take for Rex to learn not to challenge the spot of the ball, as they are almost never overturned? How long before he learns how to manage the clock?

Apparently 6 years isn't long enough. Rex doesn't learn from mistakes. He will not get better.

I am torn. The idea of Rex taking his entire staff with him is funny cause they haven't accomplished much in a while. But I am also interested in seeing Rex run a team with a ton of control over personnel power. Not that I know if he had any here or not, but still. 

Also, the Bills have a stud D Line. Throw in all our castoffs, and Revis.. thats gonna look like Jets North.

I am torn. The idea of Rex taking his entire staff with him is funny cause they haven't accomplished much in a while. But I am also interested in seeing Rex run a team with a ton of control over personnel power. Not that I know if he had any here or not, but still. 

Also, the Bills have a stud D Line. Throw in all our castoffs, and Revis.. thats gonna look like Jets North.

That's another thing. Pats are going to have to pony up more for Revis because you know the Bills are going to go hard after him

Archived