UDFA Signings and Discussions Thread!

32EBoozer

I don't know but I even feel better about this UDFA group than I have in a long time. Is it that Macc and co. are doing that good of a job or am I drunk on the kool aid? 

I even liked the video with Macc talking about Stacy and Petty. The comments about upside and bringing in hard workers. it just sounds like they have an actual plan and vision for what they want the team to be made up with. And I like it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Innocent until proven guilty. Remember that?  The true shame is that the kid just lost millions of dollars before being convicted of anything due to fear. That's a$$ backwards if you think about the laws of the land.

Problem for Collins is a post Ray Rice era. Players are public figures placing their teams in position of ridicule for the players actions not to mention the loss of revenue. Just the way it is. Is it right no but it is the era we live in.

I find the clamoring for La'El disturbing. Do any of you really consider what is going on?!?!

He is being questioned in the investigation of the murder of a woman and her infant.

Think about that. This is about being a human being before a football fan.

Yes, he might have nothing to do with it. But it does not matter. NFL teams will wait it out. If Collins is involved, do any of you want the Jets being associated with him every time he is in the news? I sure as hell don't.

If Collins is innocent, he will still land on his feet and play pro ball. The real victims are his ex-gf and the infant.

He is NOT a suspect!

He is NOT a suspect!

No offense, but this is nonsense.  They always say that early on so they will not look like they rushed to judgment.  Also, is there any chance he would talk to the cops if they announced publicly that he was a suspect?  In fact, I seem to recall them saying the same thing about OJ early on and even announcing in the press that he had an alibi because he was on a plane.  The only way to be totally safe is to wait till someone else is arrested.  Which reminds me, I know he's on the inside, but I wonder if OJ has anyone working on that search for the "real killers"?

Innocent until proven guilty. Remember that? The true shame is that the kid just lost millions of dollars before being convicted of anything due to fear. That's a$$ backwards if you think about the laws of the land.

That is a remarkably immature and sad point of view. The "true shame" is that a woman and infant were murdered.

Don't feel too bad for Collins. If he is innocent, the timing is unfortunate, but he could be playing pro football as soon as next week. Nobody is dragging his name through the mud. The "feel" to this is at least so far, is that he probably is innocent. He will still get paid and have multiple opportunities for big contracts in the near future.

If he is guilty, any team that drafted him would justifiably be dragged through the mud.

It is not "ass backwards." Some things are more important than others.

No offense, but this is nonsense.  They always say that early on so they will not look like they rushed to judgment.  Also, is there any chance he would talk to the cops if they announced publicly that he was a suspect?  In fact, I seem to recall them saying the same thing about OJ early on and even announcing in the press that he had an alibi because he was on a plane.  The only way to be totally safe is to wait till someone else is arrested.  Which reminds me, I know he's on the inside, but I wonder if OJ has anyone working on that search for the "real killers"?

Every time he asks people to search they tell him to look in the mirror and you will find him.. :winking0001:

As long as he's not a suspect, it's harmless to talk about how to land him after the police officially make it clear he won't be a suspect.

Not sure the moral authority is necessary.

That is a remarkably immature and sad point of view. The "true shame" is that a woman and infant were murdered.

Don't feel too bad for Collins. If he is innocent, the timing is unfortunate, but he could be playing pro football as soon as next week. Nobody is dragging his name through the mud. The "feel" to this is at least so far, is that he probably is innocent. He will still get paid and have multiple opportunities for big contracts in the near future.

How dare you put me in a position where I agree with an ape!

No one is making light of the murdered woman & child. No one. If Collins is completely innocent, then it is completely unfair for him to miss out on millions of guaranteed dollars because someone completely unrelated to him decided to kill his ex-girlfriend right before the draft. It's okay to feel bad for Collins. No one is equating his situation to that of a murder victim, but it certainly would suck for him nonetheless. 

And if he is guilty, screw him. 

Really not seeing the need to ride into this thread on a high horse. We're here to talk football, people are talking it. 

This guy seems like he has a shot. Surprised nobody picked him.

I'm wondering if he'd have been our second pick in the seventh until the Stacy trade ... In which case, good job by Mac getting both on them. (Plus a certain amount of luck :-))

Probably sees the Jets as his best chance to start lol.

Yep. lol. My point exactly.

Realistically, though, I think his best  chance with us is on the PS, and that is only if we carry 3 QBs on the active roster.

Compiled from this thread so far...

Penn State DE Deion Barnes
MichiganState LB Taiwan Jones
Clarion DE/OLB Julian Howsare 
South Alabama TE Wes Saxton
Syracuse Safety Durell Eskridge
Tennessee DE Jordan Williams
BYU Kansas Miami QB Jake Heaps
North Texas OT Antonio Johnson
Colorado CB Greg Henderson

Did I miss anyone? 

Compiled from this thread so far...

Penn State DE Deion Barnes
MichiganState LB Taiwan Jones
Clarion DE/OLB Julian Howsare 
South Alabama TE Wes Saxton
Syracuse Safety Durell Eskridge
Tennessee DE Jordan Williams
BYU Kansas Miami QB Jake Heaps
North Texas OT Antonio Johnson
Colorado CB Greg Henderson

Did I miss anyone? 

Lincoln DT Davon Walls

Draft Projection

Round 5 or 6

Sources Tell Us "You have to go back and watch his 2013 tape. They made changes in 2014 to the offense and he wasn't the same player. Go watch 2013. That is who he can be in the pros." -- director of scouting for NFC team Bottom Line Saxton has traits that have opened the eyes of some scouts. He can run and has the length and hands of an NFL tight end. His biggest draft obstacle is that his willingness and/or ability to compete as a run blocker limits his value to a team. Saxton needs to get bigger and show a greater commitment to improving all facets of his game. For now, he is a developmental prospect with athletic traits.

5th Round grade

Positive: Fluid, athletic receiver who projects as a move tight end at the next level. Displays good eye/hand coordination, strong hands and plucks the ball from the air. Quick off the line, immediately gets to top speed and displays terrific movement skills. Makes the difficult catch in traffic with defenders draped on him, uses his frame to box out opponents and for the most part extends to make receptions away from his frame. Effective blocking in motion and putting a pad on linebackers to disrupt their angle of attack.

Negative: Not a sharp route runner and floats exiting breaks. At times struggles to make the difficult catch. Displays marginal blocking strength.

Analysis: Saxton is a solid athlete best working in space and offers possibilities as a move tight end/H-back.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2015/TE/Wes-Saxton

Penn State running back Bill Belton heading to New York Jets' rookie mini camp

Bill Belton

Bill Belton (1) pushes past Rutgers' Gareef Glashen (2) during the game on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014 at High Point Stadium in New Brunswick, N.J. Penn State won the game in the last quarter, 13-10.

Deion Barnes will have a familiar face with him on the New York Jets as Bill Belton will participate in their rookie mini camp.

Belton played in all 13 games for the Nittany Lions in 2014, averaging 40.5 rushing yards per game. He led Penn State running backs in touchdowns with six last year.

The Slickerville, New Jersey native played as a quarterback in high school and was often a part of the “wildcat” formation since starting as a true freshman for Penn State.

The 5-foot-10, 204-pound running back’s most prolific season came in 2013 when he rushed for 803 yards, averaging 73 yards per game.

Barnes signed as an undrafted free agent shortly after the NFL draft’s conclusion on Saturday

If he is guilty, any team that drafted him would justifiably be dragged through the mud.

At the risk of getting disciplined by the mods here I will say that your point of view is what is wrong with this country.  The law is clear. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. The fact that someone is being blamed and/or  suffering consequences before they are actually guilty is very close to the attitudes which cause mob mentality.  When we think someone did something wrong we have a "let's go get em" attitude.  It's exactly why that law was created in the first place. Your "feelings" on the matter are irrelevant. The FACTS are very clear. He was not proven guilty and therefore should not be punished. But the NFL and people just like yourself are afraid  and governed by fear. People react on emotion which everyone knows is generally the opposite of logic.

Of course it's sad when someone was murdered. That is not in question. Disregarding the law and punishing someone who worked his entire life for this moment is a shame if he is not guilty. Our jails are packed with people who were blamed and never did it. Your position is why that can happen in the first place.

anyway it would have been very easy to write into his contract that if he was found guilty the team is off the hook etc.

At the risk of getting disciplined by the mods here I will say that your point of view is what is wrong with this country.  The law is clear. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. T

I think equating a criminal definition of guilty with the NFL it is not reasonable. A civil definition of guilty makes more sense.

I think equating a criminal definition of guilty with the NFL it is not reasonable. A civil definition of guilty makes more sense.

I have difficulty with semantics like that.   If I didn't steal the gummy bears yet I'm not allowed to go to the big birthday pool party because Tom's mother thinks I stole them, it is no consolation that there may be more parties to go to in the future.

EVERYONE KNOWS Tom's pool party is gonna be the best party of the year man. EVERYONE knows that! This is horse sh*t!  I didn't steal anything!!!!

I wonder why NFL.com only has a few of these guys listed.....

Syracuse safety Durrell Eskridge, South Alabama tight end Wes Saxton, Tennessee defensive end Jordan Williams, Lincoln University defensive lineman Davon Walls

Maybe players who have "agreed" vs actually signed?

I have difficulty with semantics like that. If I didn't steal the gummy bears yet I'm not allowed to go to the big birthday pool party because Tom's mother thinks I stole them, it is no consolation that there may be more parties to go to in the future.

EVERYONE KNOWS Tom's pool party is gonna be the best party of the year man. EVERYONE knows that! This is horse sh*t! I didn't steal anything!!!!

We're all friends here , you can tell us.... You took the gummy bears didn't you.

I find the clamoring for La'El disturbing. Do any of you really consider what is going on?!?!

He is being questioned in the investigation of the murder of a woman and her infant.

Think about that. This is about being a human being before a football fan.

Yes, he might have nothing to do with it. But it does not matter. NFL teams will wait it out. If Collins is involved, do any of you want the Jets being associated with him every time he is in the news? I sure as hell don't.

If Collins is innocent, he will still land on his feet and play pro ball. The real victims are his ex-gf and the infant.

I heard he got sentenced to detention once in middle school, can you confirm?

Archived