Snacks: "Once a Jet, Always a Jet"

AFJF

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was this made for JetNation.com?  Or is he referring to "Jet nation" in a general sense?  I'm assuming the latter but it is Maxman's dad's birthday after all so that could've been the difference.

We're gonna' go ahead and assume he was talking to JetNation.com.

Just a overall good dude...very humble

he didn't owe the fans anything this is a business at the end of the day. Players will always come and go.....

From UDFA all the way to one best run stoppers in the league, congrats on the payday! I'll always root for him even on the freaking midgets

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I liked Harrison and Wilk but we let the wrong guy walk for the type of defense we run.

The type of defense WE RAN was more than surfeit at NG with the likes of: Ernie Logan, Jason Ferguson, Kris Jenkins, Sione Pouha, and UDFA Snacks. Simon will be just as effective. 

The type of defense Bowles prefers to run will probably rely LESS on a 2 gap monster run stuffer/lane clogger and more partial to a Speed-based Penetrating Attack DT. JMHO. 

You don't pay NGs $9.25M in annual salary. Mo is worth more than Snacks, but like Fitzy, Mo is NOT WORTH how much his agent keeps whispering into his ear. 

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

If you can't stop the run this year, half the board will lose it's mind! 

Maybe.  Not particularly worried.  We've been a solid run-stopping team long before Harrison was here.  Love the guy, but he comes from a long line of solid NT's to wear the Jets uniform, including Ferguson, Kris Jenkins and Pouha.  Let's see what this Simon kid has to offer, and if he's not ready, there are plenty of NT's on the open market right now we can scoop up on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Wonderful player, class guy, easy to root for. BUT if he loves jet nation, his cafeteria staff, coaches ect.. Then take a few less bucks and ****in stay!! 

A great idea but not practical. These guys are putting their health on the line and any practice or game could be the end of their careers. Reasonableness says they have to try to take as much money as they can when they can.

I suspect the difference in offers was substantial. There's no way we can spend that type of cash on a NT with three other high level DL players on the roster and still needing to sign a QB.

Archived