Eagles Trade Up to #2

C Mart

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well, last year they gave away a #2 in order to exchange Bradford for Foles. 

This year they created an expensive bridge in Bradford and the contract they gave him.

They also signed a back-up to pretty good money (12 mill guaranteed).

Now they have yielded more picks, for an unknown.

If this were the jets, you would be advising site owners "not to get their panties' in a bunch" based on your flaming.

I get what you're saying. Just remember. Two different regimes / decision makers. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So how do we FIX the QB situation here not PATCH it. 

Sometimes the QBs are there - sometimes they aint - but you don't trade up to number 1 or 2 unless you are 99.9% sure you are drafting a franchise QB - not a maybe he will be good or a guy that "he will be great if he sits a year" - because that means he's not NFL ready and why the heck would you trade your future for that???

i like how Jets fans with no starter, no reliable backup and probably no future (pending Petty) are sh*tting all over the Eagles who have a starter, a reliable backup and, soon, the future. We sit here and debate Fitz vs Hoyer. the joke's on us. 

quarterback is the most important position on the field, by far. And every year it gets more important. 

As for the Patriots, they will probably win another Super Bowl but in terms of legacy, the time it took them to do it and the cheating allegations, fair or not, will rank them below the great dynasties.

And if one uses winning the division so many times, congratulations, you're the Atlanta Braves

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't believe these trade-ups for QBs that don't come close to previous years QBs and guys that may not be able to start until their 2nd year.

The one thing that's beneficial to the Jets is there will be 2 less teams looking for a young Franchise QB next yr.

Seriously, how many teams will trade up for the kid from Clemson, or any of the others. maybe Cleveland or SF next yr if these 2 or Dallas don't take Lynch.

If we go 4-12 this yr. we are a lock come next yr to get a young stud!

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Pats have won 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years.

How many World Series titles did the Braves win in 15 years?

Really stupid argument.

What I meant was its someone were to use the argument that the Pats dominated their division to elevate them amongst the dynasties, then that is the response

at this point, these trades will force the hand of the next qb desperate team.  i wonder if it's the jets.

No reason it would be. None of the teams that moved leapfrogged the jets, so they're still in the same position in terms of teams likely picking qbs ahead of them. None of lynch, wentz & goff were ever getting past the Rams

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

No reason it would be. None of the teams that moved leapfrogged the jets, so they're still in the same position in terms of teams likely picking qbs ahead of them. None of lynch, wentz & goff were ever getting past the Rams

true.  but SF and cleveland pick 7/8, and there's now the reality that another team will give up a lot to trade up.  

My understanding is that none of these QBs are deemed 'can't miss' prospects.  The Browns made a great trade if they don't feel strongly about any of them.  Sure, that leaves them with McCown next year, but it also leaves them with two picks in the 1st round next year that are likely in the top half of the draft.  Hell, they could get the #1 overall next year, and get their QB then, and if they don't get #1, they have the ammo to get there.

That future 1 from the Eagles is likely late in the first round, but yes, they must not like the two top guys much if they made this deal. My strong suspicion is they'll regret it down the road

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade Mo for a bunch of nobodies guys that usually dont even wind up on the roster, no thanks. 

Actually, Real Joe Namath, first and second round picks contribute on most teams, perhaps even this one if the brass is what I think they are. 

Are you proposing we DON'T trade Mo?

(Don't answer, I don't care) 

but be prepared for a rude awakening come draft weekend. 

22 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

With the Browns still being a QB needy team you could see all three of these guys go in the top ten.  Barring a trade up, I think we should all get cozy with the idea of us reaching for Connor Cook or Christian Hackenberg in the first two rounds.

The Eagles, with their stupidity, absolutely f*cked us today if our plan was to get one of the big three.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, it isn't. He only gets the franchise tag if he's healthy AND if he's awesome. Since those two things aren't happening, he's not getting tagged.

The contract was mindless, which is why it made everyone's jaw drop, prior to pointing and laughing, only to be outdone by signing Chase Daniels to a contract that would have paid him $15M if Bradford's injury occurred in the preseason (or if he beat out Bradford for the job outright).

They may have overpaid, depending on your valuation of Bradford, but he's still a young player with upside and gives the team the flexibility to develop their young QB at their own pace. Best case scenario, Bradford has a good year, wentz looks ready and now they have a tradeable asset to get back picks next year. High risk/high reward but I'd be excited if I was an eagles fan 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Exactly!!!  Two dumb and desperate teams (HOU & PHI) paid outrageous $$$ to unproven QB's and have totally screwed up the

salary market.  And now PHI has to pay through the nose for a QB who isn't a definite to be the next Luck or Manning

image.gif

36 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Actually, Real Joe Namath, first and second round picks contribute on most teams, perhaps even this one if the brass is what I think they are. 

Are you proposing we DON'T trade Mo?

(Don't answer, I don't care) 

but be prepared for a rude awakening come draft weekend. 

Stephen Hill,Vernon Gholston,Quinton Coples.Vlad DuCasse,Jalen Saunders,Kyle Wilson all say hello. 

Archived