Eagles Trade Up to #2

C Mart

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

No reason it would be. None of the teams that moved leapfrogged the jets, so they're still in the same position in terms of teams likely picking qbs ahead of them. None of lynch, wentz & goff were ever getting past the Rams

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Add the fact that Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans recently brought Paxton Lynch in for an official visit.  No way in hell we sit at 20 and get him.  Now it's looking like a trade up to 10 won't be good enough.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Answer your own question.  What have the Texans ever won with J.J Watt( as great as he is) .    There is a reason they overpaid Osweiller - you don't have a Qb, you don't have a chance.

9 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

To get  Lynch you have to move up before 9.

I think this trade was for Lynch.Unless you have a mole in the Rams organization, you could never roll the dice on the loser of Wentz/ Goff being the guy you really covet. I think that they want Lynch, and know that they will get him at #2. Would have been gone at #8.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

i like how Jets fans with no starter, no reliable backup and probably no future (pending Petty) are sh*tting all over the Eagles who have a starter, a reliable backup and, soon, the future. We sit here and debate Fitz vs Hoyer. the joke's on us. 

quarterback is the most important position on the field, by far. And every year it gets more important. 

It makes them feel good, every body hates the trade so I love it...

Look closer at the compensation, it's not that bad. They swap 1rst and 4th rounds picks. The Eagles basically give up a 1,2,3 in different drafts, to get their guy. This is less than both the original RG3 trade and the Rams trade this year.

Once again Cleveland finds a way to drive the organization in circles. You're talking about a team that drafts Manziel in the first round, and then have Wentz or Goff staring them in the face, when they have a bridge QB in place and supposedly a coach who can develope them and they pass, unreal.

And before everyone jumps down my throat, both Wentz and Goff are miles ahead of where Sanchez was coming out, so again who looks silly?

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt doesn't think Cleveland is done moving. Maybe TN moves up for OT & Clev takes QB at 15. 

If this happens, Cleveland has most definitely won the trade market!!

But the question remains, "How well can they evaluate talent"?

Curious to see at the end of next weekend, who they walk out of the building with?

Exciting time to be a Browns fan!

Never thought I'd ever hear those words spoken.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Browns are going with an analytics approach.  The amount of draft capital they just picked up to move the # 2 pick makes sense in light of that.  They clearly don't view Goff or Wentz in such a high regard that they'd turn down multiple first rounders AND a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder. 

The Rams are taking Goff.  Cleveland knows this.  They wanted Goff at #2.  They think there's a big gap between Wentz and Goff.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Look for Sam Bradford to be a Bronco.    John Elway isn't going into the season with butt fumbler as his starting Qb.    let see what the Eagles gets for him, and than we will examine just how crazy they were.

Seems logical.  The Eagles have mortgaged a fortune of picks to get to #2. Lets not forget they dropped down to #8 from 13 by surrendering Kiko and Maxwell to the Fins.  So they went from 13 to 2, and now will have 3 QB's making a ton.  Bradford is now totally expendable BUT would Elway want him at that hefty contract?  He's complaining about paying Kap so I don't think he'd be willing to deal with Bradford who is making like 17-18 mill a year.  Philly sports radio is on fire. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I think this trade was for Lynch.Unless you have a mole in the Rams organization, you could never roll the dice on the loser of Wentz/ Goff being the guy you really covet. I think that they want Lynch, and know that they will get him at #2. Would have been gone at #8.

At one point not so long ago, Lynch was rated the top QB in this draft class.

In a way, I'm glad.  I wasn't sold on Wentz as a franchise guy so I didn't want to put two drafts worth of picks on this guy.  I think this is the year you find a mid range QB, and if you don't like him, you go all in next year.  

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Lynch isn't a top 20 talent so there's zero reason to move up. 

What does that mean?  If the Jets think Lynch can be a franchise guy, it is 100% irrelevant if there are 20 players better than him on an evaluation standpoint. QB is so much more important than other people it is always worth the risk. Having a philosophy of drafting for "value" or BPA and not trying to get a franchise QB is a perfect script for remaining mediocre. In the NFL, mediocre is worse than terrible long term

Isn't it waaaaaay better to go 76ers one fkn year and bomb intentionally just for one year rather than make one of these crazy sub prime mortgage trades! 

christ-  we lost out on Marcus Marriota because we won one or two morale victories that no one will ever remember and means nothing to the guys who played in, it half of whom aren't even on the team anymore.

theres no lottery, next time your bombing with a coach who is basically already fired just start Chris fkn Simms

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

In a way, I'm glad.  I wasn't sold on Wentz as a franchise guy so I didn't want to put two drafts worth of picks on this guy.  I think this is the year you find a mid range QB, and if you don't like him, you go all in next year.  

All in for who? 

9 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Well, it's official.

The rewards associated with winning 1 or 2 games in a season far exceed even the Lombardi Trophy.

Sarcasm aside, the power of a good draft pick does at least exceed our multiple snoopy bowl victory's so I would not mind picking in top 3.  We played as many playoff games as Cleveland last 4 years.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Sarcasm aside, the power of a good draft pick does at least exceed our multiple snoopy bowl victory's so I would not mind picking in top 3.  We played as many playoff games as Cleveland last 4 years.

I would imagine that Browns fans are stoked, for the most part, about the haul they got.

I'm sure there were a good many who say go for Wentz, but if their not sold on him, trade out for a King's ransom.

Between the picks this yr. and next and all the comp picks they'll get next yr. Browns are in a great position.

They just need to execute in the draft, bulldoze Cleveland and build over it anew!

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What does that mean?  If the Jets think Lynch can be a franchise guy, it is 100% irrelevant if there are 20 players better than him on an evaluation standpoint. QB is so much more important than other people it is always worth the risk. Having a philosophy of drafting for "value" or BPA and not trying to get a franchise QB is a perfect script for remaining mediocre. In the NFL, mediocre is worse than terrible long term

Just because fans are desperate for quarterback doesn't mean he's worth picking that soon and trading up. He still going to be there at 20 so there's no reason to give away the draft to get him. 95% of this board didn't even know who he was before three weeks ago. 

People want to give away the draft and next years for a QB from a D2 school they never even seen play. This happens every year and none of those guys ever do sh*t. 

Lynch is a solid project quarterback. He'll be there at 20 there's no reason to trade anything to get him. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would imagine that Browns fans are stoked, for the most part, about the haul they got.

I'm sure there were a good many who say go for Wentz, but if their not sold on him, trade out for a King's ransom.

Between the picks this yr. and next and all the comp picks they'll get next yr. Browns are in a great position.

They just need to execute in the draft, bulldoze Cleveland and build over it anew!

I was up at 5am this morning listening to ESPN overnite in the car. Cleveland fans calling in totally pumped up.  Stating that they feel like the car is on the right tracks.  

6 picks in the top 100 are to Cleveland.  

The Eagles went From Chip Kelly to Stupid if that's even possible. How on earth do you sign Bradford to a large deal then Sign Daniels to a high end back up deal then trades away the better part of 2 drafts to get a QB ???

You would think they have to have something in place to get rid of Bradford right ? But in that case why sign the guy > Why not let a trade partner make their own deal . This is dumb on so many levels if they don't do something with Bradford

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Eagles went From Chip Kelly to Stupid if that's even possible. How on earth do you sign Bradford to a large deal then Sign Daniels to a high end back up deal then trades away the better part of 2 drafts to get a QB ???

You would think they have to have something in place to get rid of Bradford right ? But in that case why sign the guy > Why not let a trade partner make their own deal . This is dumb on so many levels if they don't do something with Bradford

Having too many QB's is a lot better than not having enough 

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Some in Philly are saying that that the Eagles (Howie Roseman) is doing this offseason as a slap in the face of Chip Kelly:

-They have released the majority of players that Kelly acquired

-Kelly last year, wanted to move up in the draft to get his qb, Roseman is showing him how to get it done.

It would be hard to believe that an NFL team would be this petty, but it has some earmarks

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Just because fans are desperate for quarterback doesn't mean he's worth picking that soon and trading up. He still going to be there at 20 so there's no reason to give away the draft to get him. 95% of this board didn't even know who he was before three weeks ago. 

People want to give away the draft and next years for a QB from a D2 school they never even seen play. This happens every year and none of those guys ever do sh*t. 

Lynch is a solid project quarterback. He'll be there at 20 there's no reason to trade anything to get him. 

No possible way Lynch is sitting for us at 20. None. His arm talent is off the charts and the knocks on him are really really thin. He single handedly put a team on the national map. I think we should trade up to get him, he is a cold weather big armed QB that is mobile. He would be fantastic in Gailey's offense.

16 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Where would you rank the Jets?

WTF?  Are you here to defend the Rams?  Eagles?  Or re you just here thumping your wrinkled chest to irritate us.  There is absolutely no reason for your responses in this thread like the one above.  

You must be so happy here at JN.  The mods let you do anything you want, no matter how inappropriate it is.  I guess if it's not politics, religion or personal insults, it's perfectly fine for you to bean annoying instigator.  Man, have you found the right home.  Like a street beggar approaching Bernie Sanders.  A marriage made in internet heaven.  TX and JN.  

Archived