Sam Bradford: I'm just going to put this here.

Integrity28

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fitzpatrick performed well despite horrible OT's and, at times, a very lackluster running game.  Yet Bradford gets excuses made for his horrid play despite playing for QB whisperer Chip Kelly?  Riiiight.  What were his excuses every other year he's been dreadful?

The only reason anyone would say Bradford is better is because he was a former # 1 overall pick.  That's it.  At best they're equals.  I prefer Fitz by a lot because at least Fitz plays with some balls.  Bradford plays scared. 

Agreed that Fitz's ballz > than Bradfords...however that makes Fitz nearly as much of an injury risk.

Bradford is still young - 28 - and developing - he has yet to reach his ceiling in the NFL.

Look at Bradford's weapons over the years - he had NOTHING in StL and even LESS in PHILLY/

Bradford completed over 65% of his passes in spite of Mathews and Ertz dropping every third pass thrown to them.

Put Bradford with Decker and Marshall - it would be showtime.

Remember - the huge positive about Bradford - - - accuracy!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

why would mccags use bradford over fitz, when fitz already has the offense down and is a lockerroom leader?  why must we always debate other team's retreads?

I understand your point, but Fitz is reportedly demanding 16-18 million.  That's shouldn't happen.  It's time for fits to shyt or git

2 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Agreed that Fitz's ballz > than Bradfords...however that makes Fitz nearly as much of an injury risk.

Bradford is still young - 28 - and developing - he has yet to reach his ceiling in the NFL.

Look at Bradford's weapons over the years - he had NOTHING in StL and even LESS in PHILLY/

Bradford completed over 65% of his passes in spite of Mathews and Ertz dropping every third pass thrown to them.

Put Bradford with Decker and Marshall - it would be showtime.

Remember - the huge positive about Bradford - - - accuracy!

Bradford's body isn't built for the league. That's why he had shoulder problems in college and the 2 ACL tears.  Fitz plays in a risky fashion but hasn't had the injury history Bradford has had. 

Again, I'm OK with bringing in Bradford for a look, but only if he gets cut.  Paying a guy like that $12M is insane.  If we won't pay Fitzpatrick more than $7M after a 30+ TD season, there's no possible justification that Macc should be willing to pay significantly more for Bradford. 

Also, the "Bradford is accurate" thing is a bit flawed.  He's been a checkdown machine for years, because he's too scared/unable to go downfield.  Fitz is inaccurate on downfield throws but at least he tries. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This.  Give me the young-ish guy who doesn't cost $12M per year and doesn't have 2 ACL tears.

Sure but for one, its moot - Glennon may not be available and secondly Glennon may or may not be as good as Bradford

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Sure but for one, its moot - Glennon may not be available and secondly Glennon may or may not be as good as Bradford

Then get neither.  Just saying I'd strongly prefer Glennon.  I'd give up to a 4th rounder to get him.  Trading for Bradford is not an option whatsoever.  If Bradford gets cut, only then does he become a better option than Glennon.

Bradford is coming across as a total bitch.

He's acting like his play was that good that they shouldn't even be comprehending a replacement, as if he isn't notoriously inconsistent as well as injury prone.

He's a decent QB but he's being overpaid and is going to get the chance to start this season. The exact quote is he's "mad and wants to show everyone who's best". Surely then you should just shut the f*ck up, take your money and outplay Carson Wentz. 

I really liked Bradford coming out of college, if not for injuries I think he'd have been considered an Andrew Luck type of prospect. But the injuries are a reality and they've affected him. If he really wants to be traded so he prove himself again he should offer to take a paycut, which I'm betting he wont. No one's taking on that contract.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bradford can play, he just can't stay healthy. If he didn't have that absurd contract, then I'd be fine adding him if it doesn't cost us serious resources in a trade.

Hes legitimately the worst QB in the league.

Is it too Madden or does a 49ers-Broncos-Eagles swap make sense? Broncos get Kaep, Chip gets Bradford back (believe they have the space to take him on), Eagles get pick compensation and whatever else is necessary to even out the Broncos/49ers end.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Bradford can play, he just can't stay healthy. If he didn't have that absurd contract, then I'd be fine adding him if it doesn't cost us serious resources in a trade.

No he sucks even in between injuries.  The NFC east was a dumpster fire last season yet he couldn't win the division 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW it was reported a couple of days ago that Bradford would be willing to take a paycut to get the hell out of Philly, so those of you worried about the contract don't need to worry that much.

He has $26 million guaranteed what kind of paycut are we talking about?  $10 mil?

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I believed this until last year.  He stayed healthy and was brutal.

who the hell does he think he is?  He should just be happy he has a job

He's been a jerk.

You signed a deal, you are getting like, 16 million or something crazy next year.  Shut up and go to work.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He's been a jerk.

You signed a deal, you are getting like, 16 million or something crazy next year.  Shut up and go to work.

Exactly.  This is the kind of self entitled A hole that I do NOT want on my team.  PASS.

I have to assume the negatives here are largely driven by a lack of awareness that Bradford played quite well done the stretch last year.  Including a big win over the Pats, and a season ender over the Giants.  He missed two games, but that was for a shoulder injury unrelated to his two acl tears, from which he shows no signs of problems.

He's 28 and in fact has not been beaten up much.  He imo has significant upside, and with Philly having already paid him $11 mil, his contract price is fair and in the NFL range for a Qb of his talent and upside.

I was skeptical of this last week since I didn't think Philly would want to deal him.  That apparently has changed.

He's much more a medium term solution than Fitzpatrick, who we'll be lucky to see play two more effective years.  Bradford could play 6 or 8.

As for trading Wilkerson, Wilkerson is just not great trade bait at this point.  His likely contract number is too high. 

I'd give the Eagles Wilkerson and a third without looking back for Bradford.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Wilkerson for Bradford and 2-3 draft picks. Maybe a 2 and a 3.

Insanity. The Jets should give up NOTHING for a QB who has proven NOTHING since coming into the NFL. No way I would give up Mo for anything but a high first round pick. Bradford is on the same level as Glennon, Foles, Hoyer and all the other loser QB's desperate Jets fans have been clamoring for. Resign Fitz, draft a QB in later rounds and continue to develop Petty. That is a sound plan, not these desperate measures.

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

I have to assume the negatives here are largely driven by a lack of awareness that Bradford played quite well done the stretch last year.  Including a big win over the Pats, and a season ender over the Giants.  He missed two games, but that was for a shoulder injury unrelated to his two acl tears, from which he shows no signs of problems.

He's 28 and in fact has not been beaten up much.  He imo has significant upside, and with Philly having already paid him $11 mil, his contract price is fair and in the NFL range for a Qb of his talent and upside.

I was skeptical of this last week since I didn't think Philly would want to deal him.  That apparently has changed.

He's much more a medium term solution than Fitzpatrick, who we'll be lucky to see play two more effective years.  Bradford could play 6 or 8.

As for trading Wilkerson, Wilkerson is just not great trade bait at this point.  His likely contract number is too high. 

I'd give the Eagles Wilkerson and a third without looking back for Bradford.

Are you nuts?  I have no issue with a good portion of the rest of your post (other than Bradford has not been too beaten up) but giving mo wilk and a 3rd for him?  Dude, a trade of that sort would have the eagles adding, not the jets.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are you nuts?  I have no issue with a good portion of the rest of your post (other than Bradford has not been too beaten up) but giving mo wilk and a 3rd for him?  Dude, a trade of that sort would have the eagles adding, not the jets.

With Fitz unsigned and Smith at the top of the depth chart, the Jets have been reported to consider trading up only to lose out to the Rams and Eagles on the Wentz/Goff picks.  Lynch sounds kind of dumb to me.  Meanwhile the Jets have looked at Qb's ranging from Hoyer to Griffin to Kaepernick, and people here have talked about players like Glennon who is probably not available.

Here's a chance to sign a real NFL Qb with upside at a reasonable number.  Meanwhile Wilkerson is asking for too much money, and the Jets are clearly not interested in keeping him.  But who has been trying to trade for him?  No one I have heard about.

Swapping these guys is a classic case of both sides getting rid of problems they don't want anymore.  And it gives the Jets an answer to the fact that Fitz is asking for too much money, too.

What is nuts about that?

14 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Insanity. The Jets should give up NOTHING for a QB who has proven NOTHING since coming into the NFL. No way I would give up Mo for anything but a high first round pick. Bradford is on the same level as Glennon, Foles, Hoyer and all the other loser QB's desperate Jets fans have been clamoring for. Resign Fitz, draft a QB in later rounds and continue to develop Petty. That is a sound plan, not these desperate measures.

This is incorrect.  Sure he was coming back from injury last year and started out tentative.  In his last five games though he averaged over a 93 Qb rating, and beat the Pats among other big moments.  His CS was about to be fired and the only quality player he had was Sproles.  With Decker Marshall and Forte he'd imo give the Jets a better chance of the playoffs than Fitz or any of the others you mentioned.

Look up his stats from last year, and see how he improved.  That's what the Jets should look at.

Not to defend Bradford on this but his gripe probably isn't about drafting Wentz. Heck even the most optimistic Wentz fans don't really think he could start his first two seasons.  Not beat out both QBs ahead of him anyway.  

I think it's more about a front office that has thrown in the towel on 2016 and probably 2017.  Brad fords not getting any help from the next two drafts.  

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Not to defend Bradford on this but his gripe probably isn't about drafting Wentz. Heck even the most optimistic Wentz fans don't really think he could start his first two seasons.  Not beat out both QBs ahead of him anyway.  

I think it's more about a front office that has thrown in the towel on 2016 and probably 2017.  Brad fords not getting any help from the next two drafts.  

My understanding is that Bradford set a franchise record for completion percentage, with a set of receives who dropped 50 passes, also a record.  They sign him to a two year deal, then trade the farm to get Wentz. What kind of team are the Eagles going to field until Wentz is ready?

You can understand a team keeping an aging vet in a situation like that, but not someone still on the upside of his career.  Bradford would have to be a fool to want to stay in Philly.

He'll probably end up in Denver, though.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

His contract would have to be reworked.  While $12.5 million this year only hurts a little when you swallow, the $22 million cap number with over $9 million in dead money in 2017 feels like razors going down.

Contract should not be an issue.  Phily has already paid his $11 million signing bonus, that would not impact cap of a team acquiring him.  Team trading for him would only be on the hook for his $7 million guaranteed salary for 2016.  He has a $4MM roster bonus next season, but his $13MM salary in 2017 is not guaranteed.

If we only have to pay him $7 million this year I would offer a 7th round pick this year or give up a 5th round pick next year for Bradford.  We are short draft picks so I hate to give up more but he's better than Fitz.  Also younger and can stick around for a few years. 

We then can keep Mo for another year and have tons of cap space in 2017.  With Brady out the first four games if we can be 3-3 or even 2-4 after week 6 we would still be in it.

Also Bradford is a major upgrade over Fitz he just gets injured often.

With Fitz unsigned and Smith at the top of the depth chart, the Jets have been reported to consider trading up only to lose out to the Rams and Eagles on the Wentz/Goff picks.  Lynch sounds kind of dumb to me.  Meanwhile the Jets have looked at Qb's ranging from Hoyer to Griffin to Kaepernick, and people here have talked about players like Glennon who is probably not available.

Here's a chance to sign a real NFL Qb with upside at a reasonable number.  Meanwhile Wilkerson is asking for too much money, and the Jets are clearly not interested in keeping him.  But who has been trying to trade for him?  No one I have heard about.

Swapping these guys is a classic case of both sides getting rid of problems they don't want anymore.  And it gives the Jets an answer to the fact that Fitz is asking for too much money, too.

What is nuts about that?

There's a million things I disagree with but only one that's objective - "a real NFL Qb"...

Exactly how many God damn seasons has Bradford played 16 games in - in his 6 year career? 1..? 1 freaking season?.. Does he even have a winning record?

Sam is the most overpaid mothertrucker in NFL history next to Matt Flynn. It's not 2009 anymore and he's not in Oklahoma.

Fck this guy. I'd rather have geno for 1/23 of the cost.

Archived