Stop talking crap, Jets have a good team...

CobraVerde

YES there were mistakes. Yes we shouldve won that. Yes Folk shouldve made those. Yes Revis got torched by one of the best receivers in the league. Yes Marshall dropped some balls. We get it. But even in the loss I found myself happy with how we could move the ball and came up with sacks. granted we dropped the ball at the end but these were two playoff teams battling it out. Get sad and mopey if we go down to the bills but even then you arent gonna make QB changes or trade Marshall or cut Folk. Stop it. Stop being babies. Im pissed we lost but overall Im excited for this team. Lots of talent and lots of positives. We have the tools. We just gotta make it work.

Tell yourself whatever you have to, bottom line is we lost today because our D still can never get off of the field in a big spot and never make a ply to win a game. Every goddamned time an opponent has a chance to win a game against us on the last drive, they do, and rather easily.  What really irked me today was the 3rd and half a mile play at the end of the first half that they allowed a 60 yard completion on. AJ Green 198 yards. They ran for almost 100. Up and down the field at will virtually.

I said this in the game thread and believe it, this loss was disgusting and we should get used to them as we play just well enough to lose more often than not, especially against good teams.

Buffalo lost today as well, get ready for 0-2 going into KC and facing Seattle.

I know PS means nothing, but we have not won a game since August 16, not that it matters.

10 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

I see it as unconceivable being anything other than 0-6 after the next 5 games. You can't have one or two units being good on your team. Everyone has to be good. We have no passing offense or defense. None.

we had two passing touchdowns against a pretty solid team. Our secondary really wasn't that bad today except for Revis who was going one on one with one of the best receivers in the game. IF our young CBs step up this season we can have an exceptionally good team.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

we had two passing touchdowns against a pretty solid team. Our secondary really wasn't that bad today except for Revis who was going one on one with one of the best receivers in the game. IF our young CBs step up this season we can have an exceptionally good team.

Multiple times, Green caught passes that were not against Revis.  The long pass, was not against Revis. Actually, I can't think of one big play that was against Revis. 

31 minutes ago, CobraVerde said:

YES there were mistakes. Yes we shouldve won that. Yes Folk shouldve made those. Yes Revis got torched by one of the best receivers in the league. Yes Marshall dropped some balls. We get it. But even in the loss I found myself happy with how we could move the ball and came up with sacks. granted we dropped the ball at the end but these were two playoff teams battling it out. Get sad and mopey if we go down to the bills but even then you arent gonna make QB changes or trade Marshall or cut Folk. Stop it. Stop being babies. Im pissed we lost but overall Im excited for this team. Lots of talent and lots of positives. We have the tools. We just gotta make it work.

Not to mention we played a pretty good team today and should have blown them out early . We manhandled them on both lines other than a short window where they got good pressure on Fitz. We beat this team up today and lost the game due to big plays. Bowles needs to eliminate the mistakes this team made and we need to learn how to use the dagger when we have a team on the ropes ripe for the beat down

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Not to mention we played a pretty good team today and should have blown them out early . We manhandled them on both lines other than a short window where they got good pressure on Fitz. We beat this team up today and lost the game due to big plays. Bowles needs to eliminate the mistakes this team made and we need to learn how to use the dagger when we have a team on the ropes ripe for the beat down

It's always can you make up for mistakes? Folk left 4 points out there. Cincy is a top team in this league, probably will go 13-3. We lost by 1 point! Folk can eat sh*t!

52 minutes ago, CobraVerde said:

Captain-like post. I know it's early, but we really need to see more out of @Larz

54 minutes ago, CobraVerde said:

But even in the loss I found myself happy with how we could move the ball and came up with sacks.

Yeah, I'm REALLY happy we got 7 sacks.  That was kept the Cincinnati offense at bay.  Also excited with the win.

Wait a minute.  NO, I'm not happy because we lost and sacks do not mean sh*t if you can still throw for over 300 yards on a leaky secondary.

I must have watched a different game than most of you in here lol We battled today against a great team in the Bengals. You have to give them some credit. 

Folk missing the extra point is inexcusable. But realistically we know that probably wont happen again this year. He has never missed an extra point before today. 

Marshall should have caught that pass on the last drive...again inexcusable...but don't be so quick to forget how much of a monster he is. He will bounce back in a big way. I am not worried.

Fitz did not turn the ball over until the last drive when he was just trying to make a play and played smart against a tough defense. I'll take it. We know what he is and we know his limitations so I don't understand why people are surprised he doesn't look like Brady out there. He is what he is. A great leader with some limitations. He played a good game today.

Our D-Line is out of this world. Nuff said. 

I think we could have made some adjustments to the screens but I think after watching film our coaching staff will get it together. 

Overall even though we lost I think we played a good game against a tough opponent and we will get better as the season goes on. Our offense will start clicking and once it does look out. You can tell Fitz missed some time as him and the wide outs were not in sync the whole game. 

Hopefully this loss acts as a wake-up call and sparks some fire. 

We should be fine. Now to take down the Bills! 

1 hour ago, CobraVerde said:

And obviously you believe in "moral victories" as well. Wins are made by the team that makes the most plays and the Jets take plays off. Usually plays that make the difference between winning and losing.  Folk missed a FG - HO HUM. Revis and Williams get beat on long pass plays, YAWN. Marshall drops a first down pass that would have put the Jets near FG range. PLEASE!!! NO PROB. The thing to remember here is that the Jets played ALMOST good enough to win. Yeah right.

7 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I must have watched a different game than most of you in here lol We battled today against a great team in the Bengals. You have to give them some credit. 

Folk missing the extra point is inexcusable. But realistically we know that probably wont happen again this year. He has never missed an extra point before today. 

Marshall should have caught that pass on the last drive...again inexcusable...but don't be so quick to forget how much of a monster he is. He will bounce back in a big way. I am not worried.

Fitz did not turn the ball over until the last drive when he was just trying to make a play and played smart against a tough defense. I'll take it. We know what he is and we know his limitations so I don't understand why people are surprised he doesn't look like Brady out there. He is what he is. A great leader with some limitations. He played a good game today.

Our D-Line is out of this world. Nuff said. 

I think we could have made some adjustments to the screens but I think after watching film our coaching staff will get it together. 

Overall even though we lost I think we played a good game against a tough opponent and we will get better as the season goes on. Our offense will start clicking and once it does look out. You can tell Fitz missed some time as him and the wide outs were not in sync the whole game. 

Hopefully this loss acts as a wake-up call and sparks some fire. 

We should be fine. Now to take down the Bills! 

So basically everything is fine. Glad to hear it. Boy, I'll bet Buffalo is worried.

1 hour ago, CobraVerde said:

I'm glad you're pleased with the performance.  In many ways, that's all that matters...  if the majority of fans are content.

I'm not though.  And I really hope Bowles isnt.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is this the moral victory thread? I'm looking for the moral victory thread.

I'm not even sure where you find a moral victory out of this game.  Other than the D-line - which we've spent seemingly every first round pick on - and a good running game...the team was awful...

almost nothing to take away from this game to call it a moral victory.  

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not even sure where you find a moral victory out of this game.  Other than the D-line - which we've spent seemingly every first round pick on - and a good running game...the team was awful...

Add in Enunwa as positive and I agree with your post .. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

That's why it was sarcasm.

Archived