Why was this game so close?

Freemanm

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic over the win, but by every statistical measure, the Jets dominated and this game should have been a blowout. It should have been over halfway through the 3Q t the latest. Is it because it's the Jets? 

The TD to Salas was a good play by Tyrod Taylor. He faked a scramble, Williams bit and Salas got wide open. Marshall's fumble was a freak thing. There were also some bad penalties, particularly the hold on Clady in the third negating a big pass to Decker. 

We also have to talk about the alcoholic in the family, if you will. Darrell Revis. I honestly think he's done. We saw him get burned a few times last season and said, "oh, he's Revis, he just had a rare bad game..." We can't say that anymore. He got torched again, this time by a no-name receiver. He played scared against an injured Sammy Watkins. Marcus Williams and Buster Skrine, imo, are playing worlds better than him. Maybe make them the #s 1 & 2? Should Revis be cut before the end of the season?

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic over the win, but by every statistical measure, the Jets dominated and this game should have been a blowout. It should have been over halfway through the 3Q t the latest. Is it because it's the Jets? 

The TD to Salas was a good play by Tyrod Taylor. He faked a scramble, Williams bit and Salas got wide open. Marshall's fumble was a freak thing. There were also some bad penalties, particularly the hold on Clady in the third negating a big pass to Decker. 

We also have to talk about the alcoholic in the family, if you will. Darrell Revis. I honestly think he's done. We saw him get burned a few times last season and said, "oh, he's Revis, he just had a rare bad game..." We can't say that anymore. He got torched again, this time by a no-name receiver. He played scared against an injured Sammy Watkins. Marcus Williams and Buster Skrine, imo, are playing worlds better than him. Maybe make them the #s 1 & 2? Should Revis be cut before the end of the season?

Secondary not organized and confused and a fumble led to 21 Bills points.

Revis should not be cut, he should be moved to safety

Blown coverages. Look at every big play we have up this season, 6/7 are probably blown coverages. 

Goodwin isn't a no-name, he's torched us before. He's also one of the fastest people on the planet who just simply beat Revis in a foot race on a perfect pass. Revis will be fine. He won't be revis island, he'll just be revis peninsula. 

#51 took a terrible angle that allowed Taylor to roll out and hit Salas. If we take away some of those big plays, our defense would of had a perfect game. 

I'm a big Bowles supporter, but the fact he did not go for two was mind-blowing. It was a terrible decision to kick the PAT. 

31 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Blown coverages. Look at every big play we have up this season, 6/7 are probably blown coverages. 

Goodwin isn't a no-name, he's torched us before. He's also one of the fastest people on the planet who just simply beat Revis in a foot race on a perfect pass. Revis will be fine. He won't be revis island, he'll just be revis peninsula. 

Thank you for the second "n" in that new nickname ;)

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The d gave up huge plays and the fumble return.  Take those 3 plays away and the bills did nothing.

This.

We have a potentially dominant D with a huge achilles heel.  If we can't fix our secondary we are in deep trouble.

Tyrod Taylor is one thing, I don't think I need to remind you what gunslingers are on the horizon.  Okay, I'll do it-  Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and if it makes you feel better the weaklings are Joe Flacco and Alex Smith.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

We have a potentially dominant D with a huge achilles heel.  If we can't fix our secondary we are in deep trouble.

Tyrod Taylor is one thing, I don't think I need to remind you what gunslingers are on the horizon.  Okay, I'll do it-  Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and if it makes you feel better the weaklings are Joe Flacco and Alex Smith.

SAR I

Marcus Williams bounced back and played well.  Revis I still have doubts about, he seems to be getting lazy.  Rontez Miles should not be out there as a cover guy in passing situations.  Put Antonio Allen in there instead.

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Marcus Williams bounced back and played well.  Revis I still have doubts about, he seems to be getting lazy.  Rontez Miles should not be out there as a cover guy in passing situations.  Put Antonio Allen in there instead.

Actually, I think that Middleton kid is a better deep safety than any of the safeties the Jets currently have on the 53 man roster . That kid is the Jalin Marshal of the DBs in my opinion .

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

SAR I

For the most part, all those QBs will be right where the Defensive line expect them to be and that includes Alex Smith .  The Pain in the rear is going to be Wilson who plays similar to Taylor . We need discipline in the defensive backfield and we will be fine .

8 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Has anyone dropped a pass against us...anyone? 

it;s frustrating, 2 games in a row we total dominated the game physically but we lost last week and had to come back in the 2nd half of this one.  we not to limit the explosive plays by our opponents, I am confident we will clean that up but it is frustrating.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Secondary not organized and confused and a fumble led to 21 Bills points.

Revis should not be cut, he should be moved to safety

Next year maybe. Probably one more year. What he needs is to realize his own limitations. He's still very good but he has to adjust. He doesn't have the makeup speed he used to have so he needs to stop being so aggressive. 

Like the OP said, the Jets dominated this game. It really wasn’t as close as the score made it look like. The Bills offense consisted of two big pass plays and then they capitalized on a fumble by Jalin Marshall for a cheap 7 points.  The Jets dominated the game from start to finish and made all the big plays that they had to make.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it;s frustrating, 2 games in a row we total dominated the game physically but we lost last week and had to come back in the 2nd half of this one.  we not to limit the explosive plays by our opponents, I am confident we will clean that up but it is frustrating.

My viewpoint is that it's better to be good than lucky. I'm hoping we have built some confidence here. Coaches and players. We have been playing a little like we're afraid to lose. The 4th quarter we played a lot more aggressive than we have in the past under Bowles. You play to win the game.

Remember back in 2009/2010 when we were winning games by the skin of our teeth, and our opponents were dropping interceptions like crazy. Make some big plays then try to hang on and hopefully run that clock out. 

Now it feels as though we just need enough time and we will wear down our opponents. It's a better feeling to me. You can fix mistakes, but you can't fix lack of talent. 

In both week 1 and week 2 our DBs and LBs essentially made the same mistakes.  The CS only had 4 days to try to fix it so can be excused somewhat for failing.  I'm confident that out HC, a former DB, will fix this in the next 10 days.  Case closed.   

9 hours ago, Freemanm said:

It is stuff they need to clean up if they are going to go to KC and win. They have to clean up the deep ball crap that has gone on the first two games, the stupid Unsportsman Conduct penalties.

I mean really the only reason this wasn't like 37-10 or 37-3 is because of like 3 or 4 plays/mistakes.

Clean those up and they will have a great shot against KC next week 

Archived