### Jets \ Chiefs --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

Here we go Jets fans, Arrowhead is a brutal place to play, this week the Jets need to be.......Road Warriors.  This is another AFC game that they will need down the stretch, another huge game in September.  The Jets will need the D-line to take over and quiet the crowd and for the offense to keep on chugging !!!   LETS GO    

mad-max-road-warrior-p02qd.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sketchy weather report, but should be ok

Sunday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

sketchy weather report, but should be ok

Sunday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Actually, I think rain is good.  Keep the crowd subdued and muffle the noise a bit.

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

Here we go Jets fans, Arrowhead is a brutal place to play, this week the Jets need to be.......Road Warriors.  This is another AFC game that they will need down the stretch, another huge game in September.  The Jets will need the D-line to take over and quiet the crowd and for the offense to keep on chugging !!!   LETS GO    

mad-max-road-warrior-p02qd.jpg

The Fury Road Tour continues....

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ground and pound them into submission!

G&P really isn't part of our offensive arsenal anymore so it's not really our forté with Forté as RB.  #22, IMO, seems to smoothly glide through the scrum and has a running style as smooth as such:

f?id=53050d05ecad04650501f9ff

Good morning from Kansas City, kids.  Lol at this ******* forecast. It says clear after 2pm local time but the radar looks bat sh*t crazy right now. I am prepared for the inevitable weather sh*t show. Looking forward to a kickass tailgate with @Bugeater @faba @Jetfan13 @Mrsjetfan13 @Green DNA @Lith

And most importantly a huge Jets road victory!! 

Lets go Jets!!

Disclaimer:

After doing those tags I have to send a special hello to @Mrs. Sperm who walks by the computer and calls her husband a loser lol @Sperm Edwards where's your wifey been? And how's she doing? Tell her 124 has a girlfriend now :rl: 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Have you checked out Seattle's offensive line? Watch them play if you have a chance. 

KC and Seattle are the two more winnable games in the next 4 weeks, but both will be tough.

Seattle always seem to start a season playing poorly then suddenly a switch gets flipped and they're back to their best. I just hope that switch waits till after our game. :D 

Having them at home helps a lot too.

But going back to Warfish's comment, coming out of today 2-1 will give us good reason to hope for the rest of the season. 1-2 will not be good, with road trips to Arizona and Pittsburgh looming.

“They play good, solid football,” Reid said. “That’s how they do it.”

That’s how the Chiefs should start doing it.

They lost three fumbles last week against the Texans . They were flagged nine times for 77 yards. They were 0 for 2 in the red zone and converted just three times on third down.

In short, it was anything but solid football.

“It comes down to lack of execution. I know you guys hate hearing that,” Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said. “This past week I think every single drive we had, be it a penalty, a turnover, a negative play — that stalls a drive. And those are hard to overcome against a good defense.”

As the Chiefs try to turn things around, and the Jets look to keep their momentum going

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/article/DF/20160924/SPORTS/160929828

How they’ll win

Jets: The Chiefs’ offensive line is decimated by injury, and the Jets potent pass rush should be able to take advantage. The defense will chase QB Alex Smith around the backfield on the way to another inconsistent day for the Kansas City offense. Meanwhile, the Jets offense picks up where it left off against the Bills as Fitzpatrick takes care of the ball.

Chiefs: The Jets have offensive line issues of their own — left guard James Carpenter (calf) is questionable, and they already are playing without their starting right tackle.    (IMHO, this is actually the good news..LIJetsFan)

The Chiefs take advantage, forcing Fitzpatrick to make tough throws and capitalizing with a turnover or two. Meanwhile, the Chiefs offense takes advantage of the Jets’ secondary for a big scoring play. This time, it’s one big play too many.

— Andy Vasquez

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/football/jets/jets-matchup-a-brief-preview-of-today-s-game-against-the-chiefs-1.1666507

Paylor: Charles is a fabulous talent, one of the league's best backs when healthy, but the Chiefs' rushing attack has been just fine since he's been out. Between Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West, the Chiefs have found a duo that can replicate most - but not all - of what Charles does. Ware is the bruiser, West is the cruiser; both are willing blockers and able catchers, and are worthy of roles even when Charles does return.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/behind-enemy-lines-qa-with-chiefs-reporter-terez-paylor/203122464

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

KC and Seattle are the two more winnable games in the next 4 weeks, but both will be tough.

Seattle always seem to start a season playing poorly then suddenly a switch gets flipped and they're back to their best. I just hope that switch waits till after our game. :D 

Having them at home helps a lot too.

But going back to Warfish's comment, coming out of today 2-1 will give us good reason to hope for the rest of the season. 1-2 will not be good, with road trips to Arizona and Pittsburgh looming.

Their line is worse than ever. Not one of their starters might find a job on any other team. I think they have around 9mil in total salary dedicated to 5 linemen. 

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

It was about the only chiefs suck pic I could find that didn't involve a huge fat chick, lol

Maclin and Kelce are Alex Smiths favorite targets. RB Spencer Ware is starting to be the KC version of Brian Westbrook, so Smith dumps it off to him too. 

The fans will turn on Alex Smith if he doesnt produce with Nick Foles sitting on the bench. 

KC should not be able to establish much of a run game today. Many will disagree but I think Alex Smith is very underated. Certainly better than Dalton or Tyrod. If the Jets dont tighten up their play in the secondary he can torch them.

If the D line can hurry / pressure him into a mistake early and maybe the Jets pick one off I really like their chances today.

3 minutes ago, PatriotReign37 said:

Maclin and Kelce are Alex Smiths favorite targets. RB Spencer Ware is starting to be the KC version of Brian Westbrook, so Smith dumps it off to him too. 

The fans will turn on Alex Smith if he doesnt produce with Nick Foles sitting on the bench. 

chiefs_zps0apmskty.jpg

Archived