#### New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hurts. Geno was playing good ball but the Geno we all know (and don't like) returned as he held onto the ball and took an unnecessary hit.

If he's already in street clothes it must be significant. Looks like we'll see Petty sooner than we thought.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

This hurts. Geno was playing good ball but the Geno we all know (and don't like) returned as he held onto the ball and took an unnecessary hit.

If he's already in street clothes it must be significant. Looks like we'll see Petty sooner than we thought.

If Fitz gets hurt. They aren't going to just start petty if Geno can't play.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Some things NEVER change.

he held onto the ball too long on a play..  it wasn't good but hardly the type of proof you and your ilk are making it out to be.  Congrats Fitz is back.  Lets see what happens.

No really, in a season where the Jets are carrying 4 quarterbacks, and went into a game where they are 1-5 and have 2 young prospects on the roster that need evaluating, the Jets instead only made 2 quarterbacks active and have Bilal Powell listed as their 3rd stringer. Because that's priority over carrying another safety or some sh*t.

Bowles ******* sucks. He's like if Mangini had a threeway with Rex and Herm and the worst qualities of all three of them splooged out into some blob that was then taken to a lab and manifested into a human being.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

It was an asinine decision.  Feel bad for the guy but at the end of the day I just want wins.  He was playing better than anything we've seen from Fitz in a month but he couldn't just throw it away.

Oh well..  Lets go Fitz :(

That's been his biggest problem his whole career. Once pressure appears his brain checks out. He tries to force the play and keep the play alive but ends up with a sack or interception. If he could fix that then he'd be a much better QB. Not a franchise QB but a middling QB journeyman. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

No really, in a season where the Jets are carrying 4 quarterbacks, and went into a game where they are 1-5 and have 2 young prospects on the roster that need evaluating, the Jets instead only made 2 quarterbacks active and have Bilal Powell listed as their 3rd stringer. Because that's priority over carrying another safety or some sh*t.

Bowles ******* sucks. He's like if Mangini had a threeway with Rex and Herm and the worst qualities of all three of them splooged out into some blob that was then taken to a lab and manifested into a human being.

Name me a team with 3 QBs on the gameday roster

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I remember the Raiders game last year, the same thing, takes a dumb sack. Million Dollar arm, ten cent brain.  

Alot of people ripped him for his performance during the Raiders game which was total bull, however, people who ripped him for the crazy hit that he took on that long run as well as the other sack on the final drive was totally correct and it was for him. 

He has the talent, he just tries to do too much, atleast that's what I assume he's doing. Every crazy play, Raiders game, behind the back fumble etc., has been him trying to do too much. 

Learn when to take the sack and how to protect yourself when taking the sack, also learn when to throw it away. Geno isnt dumb, I have a feeling that when reviewing the tape he knows exactly what he needed to have done. Its like when the game is live, he reverts back to these particular plays. 

The play itself wasnt a big deal, if not for the fact that he got injured. This is why when you dont have to take the hit you shouldnt. 

I cant pretend like that was okay when if it was FItz I would have ripped him for it. Geno needs to sit on the sideline until he makes a conscious decision to think about this and burn it into his memory. Live for the next damn play if nothing is there. 

Archived