Rex Ryan fired

Matt39

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He may have had a chance if he was not so totally inept that last game.  The faux ice the kicker time out, the 1o men on the field in over time.

He will sit out a year or so and do some tv, and then will end up as a massively overrated dc in a few years.

I could see Rex Ryan being hired the DC of the Raiders.   Jack Delrio and Rex are close from their days with the Ravens.  Ken Norton Jr inexperience as DC ( learning on the job) has had an effect on the defense.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And now we don't even get to stick it to Rex Ryan to end the season on a high note. Watch us win this game and mess up our draft position lol.

Don't worry.  The Jets are not going to beat Buffalo.  Another shameful effort in the forecast.  And that is fine by me...

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The season is over in less than a week and the team started their game preparation 6 hours ago. You fired the head coach, who was in the process of game planning for the Jets.

Fire him on Monday or Sunday and give Anthony Lynn time to get the team on his side. Firing him today is stupid.

Unless the atmosphere became toxic. Nobody wants to be a lame duck.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He may be below .500 but he has seen more playoff success than 75% of coaches ever do.

Meaningless really.   Nice tag line and yes we enjoyed it but as a HC for 8 years he had 2 WC appearances and his team played well.

My thought is more 2011 when we were 8-5 and shlt the bed to finish the season. His team let downs after big games.

He is NOT a good  head coach  and 2 WC appearances are dwarfed by the inability to get a team on the field and play hard. 

The Bills defense has gotten worse under him BTW.

How is that dysfunctional? The owner recognized that all the mental errors on the field were a reflection of sh*tty coaching and he took necessary action. Wish our owner had that same vision ...

Excuse me but that same owner FIRED Doug Marrone and FIRED Jim Schwartz as DC (despite him coaching the #4 D in the league) to give piles of cash and the keys to the franchise to the fat Circus clown.

Rex -O guaranteed the Bills would be in the playoffs in 2015 and his boys on D would fly around and all that stuff and be #1 and all that stuff.

He missed the playoffs and his D ended up in the mud 20s.

Solution for year two!! Hired his fatter dumber brother to run Daddy's defense

Result

Another under 500 missed playoffs season with the D now falling toward #30.

Yesiree

Owner Begala is a genius

27 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The season is over in less than a week and the team started their game preparation 6 hours ago. You fired the head coach, who was in the process of game planning for the Jets.

Fire him on Monday or Sunday and give Anthony Lynn time to get the team on his side. Firing him today is stupid.

It's part of Lynn's audition ... if he needs a full week to plan how to beat us, no way he gets the job. ;-) 

54 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Wow. They fired him on a Tuesday the week before their last game? Dysfunctional at it's finest.

Makes sense, actually.

If he came to MetLife for a certain easy and dominant win, the narrative of Rex as a leader and having control of the locker room would begin, players would stand up and sing his praises, it would put the Puglia's in a bad spot with the media.

Much better to do it right now after a brutal loss filled with bad coaching decisions that put Miami in the playoffs.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Makes sense, actually.

If he came to MetLife for a certain easy and dominant win, the narrative of Rex as a leader and having control of the locker room would begin, players would stand up and sing his praises, it would put the Puglia's in a bad spot with the media.

Much better to do it right now after a brutal loss filled with bad coaching decisions that put Miami in the playoffs.

SAR I

They are also apparently very high on the guy that took over here, their OC Anthony Lynn... So it makes sense from the standpoint of giving him a 1 game audition too before the interviews for the coaching position starts...

I mean one game isn't going to give them a clear picture but it'll be helpful for them to say they gave him a shot first if the sign him long term.  

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Makes sense, actually.

SAR I

Also...Rex wanted to continue to play Taylor

Bills are planning to bench QB Tyrod Taylor vs Jets on Sunday to start EJ Manuel, per league sources. This is a business decision so the Bills are not at risk for the $30.75 million left on his contract that would become guaranteed if Taylor suffered a significant injury. A week after the Titans lost Marcus Mariota and the Raiders lost Derek Carr, the Bills are not planning to take any chances with Taylor; thus EJ Manuel is now expected to start the regular-season finale against the Jets.

Archived