Gilmore Seeking 14Mil+ Per Year

SR24

No. No. No more high value FAs, pretty much ever. For every one that plays to their contract number, there is like 19 they got elite money and play like sightly above JAGs and every single one costs team depth. Build through the draft , UDFA, low tier FAs and compensatory picks, but mostly though player development. Stop the FA merry go round.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No. No. No more high value FAs, pretty much ever. For every one that plays to their contract number, there is like 19 they got elite money and play like sightly above JAGs and every single one costs team depth. Build through the draft , UDFA, low tier FAs and compensatory picks, but mostly though player development. Stop the FA merry go round.

How about your own free agents to be? Who gets the big money?

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If you have your own player, who you know does well in your system, and you trust to pay well after he gets paid, then you pay that guy.

The interesting thing about Wilkerson is that despite having a team reputation of being a bit lazy, and considering the NFL TOp 100 player poll comes from other players and put him on it, that it was kept very quiet.

Also despite having these lapses, he has had some very good seasons. So if he has had great seasons, why wouldn't you give him the compensation? 

It just seems weird to me that these concerns, at least publicly, have only come out this year.

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

FA to be are different animals because if you want to sign them they dont become FA on the open market. Open market high ticket FAs are generally NOT wanted by their current team anymore. HUGE difference.

Gilmore's sxcellent

I'm still lost on the Wilkerson being lazy stuff. There's maybe a handful of 300+ pounders in the league that take on his snap workload in a given year, and he does it year in year out. He had a sh*t season, whoopdeedoo. 

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Gilmore's sxcellent

I'm still lost on the Wilkerson being lazy stuff. There's maybe a handful of 300+ pounders in the league that take on his snap workload in a given year, and he does it year in year out. He had a sh*t season, whoopdeedoo. 

I believe that after a full year away from the broken leg he is going to have a big comeback year.

33 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Ahhhh... the grossly inflated fraud agency price tag.

I imagine BigRy (Doc Holliday) thinks this would be a good idea.

Or he might preach splurging for AJ Bouye. I like Bouye btw, but not at 14M per year.

I see you RoadFan

This is a terrible idea.... and he won't get 14+ mil from anybody. I would be on board for bringing Gilmore or Bouye in for 10-12 mil. 14 is over the top and not worth it at the current stage we're in.

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Like Muhammad Wilkerson?

I pay 15+ to a QB, an elite LT, an elite WR or an elite pass rusher.   

Not a guy who got 12 sacks once and is coming off a badly broken leg. I was not ever in favor of that deal.  Franchise and have him prove his health.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:34 PM, chirorob said:

I pay 15+ to a QB, an elite LT, an elite WR or an elite pass rusher.   

Not a guy who got 12 sacks once and is coming off a badly broken leg. I was not ever in favor of that deal.  Franchise and have him prove his health.

That was the original smart plan, but there was a need to sign Fitz and the Jets needed cap room.   Now the cap cost is higher in 2017 to pay for Fitz and Mo. 

Archived