At what point is enough, enough?

NoBowles

Been a die hard Jets fan since I was very little, late 70's. Been through it all, dealt with it all. Watching this team draft back to back S with picks 1 and 2 just has me questioning, at what point do we just give up with this franchise? Kotite  did not break me, years of losing did not break me, Rex almost broke me, but this just may do it. I don't know how much more I have in me.

Lol, my dad and I just had this conversation. He's a giants fan and is trying to save his son the continued misery. He was laughing and saying there is no light at the end of the tunnel and it will never change. He waa saying it's finally time to throw in the towel. Safety - safety for a team with an atrocious offense and no QB is the final straw.

Told him I can't jump ship bc you can't do that with anything you've put 30 yrs of your life into.

Just now, Gen X Jet said:

Is it child abuse to raise my 3 sons (all under 5 yrs old) or am I playing the percentages?

I'm not even kidding, I'm cock kicking my dad for this crap the next time I see him. I don't care if he's an old man! You decide.

I know its enough because I had no reaction to this. It's hard to even care. It's a crappy league and we're a crappy franchise in it. Unless you have a stud QB, there isn't a game, an injury, a coach, a draft pick, anything that matters at all.

I have been a Jet fan since 1972. I have lived away for 20 years but I have never changed allegiance to my local team ( Panthers) but this is really trying my patience. My kids are Jet fans to BUT we watch and enjoy the Panthers play as well. So we get to see a well run team and it isn't the Jets.

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

some wanted us to suck for a QB next year; be careful what you wish for...

we should just trade away our 2nd every year. maybe round 3 will be better :-)

We're not smart enough to suck enough for a QB.

i predict next year is the year we draft all Gaurds.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

We're not smart enough to suck enough for a QB.

i predict next year is the year we draft all Gaurds.

As long as they're undersized guards who can't block but can get to the second level quickly.

13 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

some wanted us to suck for a QB next year; be careful what you wish for...

we should just trade away our 2nd every year. maybe round 3 will be better :-)

Oh dont worry this franchise is so ****ed up they wont even tank properly.  I mean you know Bowles is going to "play to win the game" every game to save his sorry job and they will end up with 4-6 wins.

37 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I know its enough because I had no reaction to this. It's hard to even care. It's a crappy league and we're a crappy franchise in it. Unless you have a stud QB, there isn't a game, an injury, a coach, a draft pick, anything that matters at all.

I loved the Adams pick, I liked Maye before the draft, but it's weird over Cook and having drafted Adams already, but we do need two safeties.  But I responded to this because I totally agree with the bold.  The league puts forth an increasingly inferior product every year and having an elite quarterback is too necessary to win.  I'm only 30, but I feel like the 2002 Bucs and the 2000 Ravens couldn't win now because of the rule changes in the offense's favor and that's bad for the sport.  Plus there's too many commercials.  

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Part of me is hoping for another safety in round 3.

Hahahahahaha :) 

The truth is the Jets are clearly staking their future on the defense being special eventually and hoping that the offense can be adequate enough for this season to get by.....

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Been a die hard Jets fan since I was very little, late 70's. Been through it all, dealt with it all. Watching this team draft back to back S with picks 1 and 2 just has me questioning, at what point do we just give up with this franchise? Kotite  did not break me, years of losing did not break me, Rex almost broke me, but this just may do it. I don't know how much more I have in me.

5 More safeties.  

What is Mac's plan here though? Was this a planned move? I guess with the idea of having an elite safety tandem for the next 5 years? Or was this just an impulse move possibly because some deal fell though etc? I would have thought offense all day with the 2nd pick so I am baffled.  

After we picked the 2nd safety I sat my 7 year old down on the couch and told him, "we are going to be terrible for years to come, and I am going to give you this one chance to bail on the Jets". He look at me like i was crazy but we live in Charlotte NC and he gets abused by panthers fans at his school. But he does not give a sh*t and rocked his jets stuff weekly. But tonight he asked me if i would be mad if he stared to root for the giants:(   

4 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

After we picked the 2nd safety I sat my 7 year old down on the couch and told him, "we are going to be terrible for years to come, and I am going to give you this one chance to bail on the Jets". He look at me like i was crazy but we live in Charlotte NC and he gets abused by panthers fans at his school. But he does not give a sh*t and rocked his jets stuff weekly. But tonight he asked me if i would be mad if he stared to root for the giants:(   

Cant say I blame you I have a 24 year old son who I brought too his first game at 4 and there have been many times when he's said damn you dad why did you make me a Jets fan. 

Archived