### New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

As long as we're talking about dumbass coaching moves, what the hell is Carr still doing on the field?

I had to leave for a bit and came back to see it was 42-20 and I thought the same thing.

How STUPID can Del Rio be after last year's debacle of leaving Carr in a game that was won, only to see the Raider season flushed down the drain thanks to him getting hurt?

1 minute ago, August said:

What did everyone expect? This team is bad but at least they were competitive for a half. 

Thank you...

Some people live in fantasy land and get upset when they see reality.

We have the worst team in the NFL talent wise and that has been true since they discarded the better skill position players.

We aren't the only team in the NFL that has a bad offense. We are the only team in the NFL that has a bad offense, but has made an enormous investment in defense and continues to be one of, if not the, worst defense in the league.

Cannot keep blaming this on Rex and Idzik. 

Since I didn't expect the Jets to win this game, it was nice to see improvement from the offense especially the OL and to also see a no quit attitude from the team . The Jets offense and special teams gave their defense miserable field position that resulted in 3 scores and 2 other scores came via missed assignment and just being manhandled by the massive Oakland OL . I saw improvement offensively from game 1 and truth be told I also saw improvement on the defensive side of the ball from game 1 .

The kid kick returner and punt returner gets 2 more game to prove he can keep his roster spot . That's how long it will take before the team has to make a decision on Jalin marshall .

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

We aren't the only team in the NFL that has a bad offense. We are the only team in the NFL that has a bad offense, but has made an enormous investment in defense and continues to be one of, if not the, worst defense in the league.

Time to stop signing defensive Head Coaches .. if Sean Peyton really becomes available I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him here 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Good thing we got a personnel guy now

My 2 takeaways from this one.

McCown is actually a competent player and I can see now how he has had such a long career.

Granted he may be the 40th best QB in the league but hey good for him.

Darron Lee is hilarious to watch trying to play linebacker. Keyed on him most of the game just for the comedic value. Wow they were kicking the sh!t out of him esp on run plays.

Outcome is about what I anticipated. Raiders actually scored more than I expected. That fumble on the kick was the was the dagger and all downhill from there. I don't think Petty would have done any worse than McCown. He needs the work but McCown "gives us the best chance to win"

Good grief. Hard to watch.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah that game was bad but it's awesome to see that Jeremy Piven's career has devolved so badly that he had to take a starring role in a CBS crime drama.

LOL, the only thing that looks worse than that Jeremy Piven show is that new horror movie "Friend Request".  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah that game was bad but it's awesome to see that Jeremy Piven's career has devolved so badly that he had to take a starring role in a CBS crime drama.

It's the comic relief that keeps me here. Thanks TS

Our QB played ok again for the second week in a row.  I don't want to see how bad the score line is when he plays poorly.

Again our D no showed...  The only conclusion possible is to note that we badly lack in ability pretty much across the board at every position.  Our front 7 was manhandled today, our secondary lost all of their one on one matchups, and our rooks were exposed.

The only positive was that some of our old timers showed up, and the OL played average for the second week in a row.  Yea, it's going to be a long year.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Most overrated HC in the league IMO.  Guy has Drew Bress and goes sub .500 all the time.

Thank you.  I've heard people pine about him for years and other than 1 glorious run 8 years ago what exactly have they accomplished?  Haven't they been like 7-9 5 years in a row?

Just now, Pac said:

Thank you.  I've heard people pine about him for years and other than 1 glorious run 8 years ago what exactly have they accomplished?  Haven't they been like 7-9 5 years in a row?

what exactly has the jets done in the past 7 years that would make us so picky ?he is better HC than our last 3 by far 

Archived