The NY Jets have lost my support this season

Villain The Foe

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is the first season where I've pretty much dismissed NY Jets football. I've rarely even been on the forum, which for some understandably, this made for a euphoric experience . And you know what? This is the best I've felt during this time of the year since Rex first 2 seasons. And before those years I would say the year of "The Favre". I began to pull for the Jets since 1990 at around 10 years old during those annual Giant/Jets preseason games. I noticed that I was actually becoming fan of the team after seeing how upset I was during the infamous Marino fake-spike game. I followed this team yearly since then. 

Many of us thought that from the 1998 on that this franchise could be going in the right direction in comparison to what we did in the 90's. From 1998 to 2010 the jets made the Playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games and won the AFC East division twice. 

Since 2011 the Jets have done.....well, nothing. This decade is as bad 90's decade in many ways. The 90's was the absolute worst decade, but this decade is most definitely making a case right now. We've already tied the 90's decade for the most consecutive seasons without a playoff birth (6) and this season will surely break that tie and make it 7 years without a playoff birth. We hold claim to having some of the worst quarterback play from numerous quarterbacks this decade. We've had a decades worth of 1st and 2nd round picks that are no longer in the NFL, let alone not with the NY Jets. We've had numerous seasons of losing 10 or more games. Literally, every year since 2013 has been considered a "Rebuilding Year", yet we've seen them build nothing. 

This year was the first year that I was actually fed up with the NY Jets decision making. When they signed Josh McCown after parting ways with Fitz and Geno and refusing to let Petty or Hack play, that was the first time that in my mind I said "F*** this team" and really meant it. I've watched most of the games, but not with such anticipation like is years past. I have not gotten upset at losses, I've smiled during the wins because of course, the team is in my heart. But as a fan that dedicates their most precious asset which is time, I've literally not invested myself into this football season as I typically would do...and I have to say that it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I've been a NY Jets fan for almost 30 years of my life, and I know some folks here who seen Namath live with their own eyes. We deserve better than what we're getting. I know that some folks will criticize what im saying as if im somehow not a "real fan", and that's cool. I think that I deserve better as a fan that what im getting. The thread about Morton wanting McCown back next year is what prompted me to even write this. I deserve better than what this team has done this decade, and so do you. We are currently in a position where Im watching a front office and coaching staff who inherited a team that was fully blown up and had damn near 200 million in cap space, and 3 years later we're in the exact same position. These guys never even left the station. This decade has been an absolute abomination and has proven not to be worth my time, or yours. WTF is ownership or this front office doing that even gives hope for the future? Though it's not translating to wins, I can see that the Cleveland Browns are trying everything they absolutely can to bring winning football to their fans. You can actually see the effort. The NY Jets are such a lukewarm team because it's suck a lukewarm organization with no clear direction. That's proven true given that we've been in rebuilding mode since we drafted Geno Smith in 2013. Every single year, EVERY has been a rebuilding year. It's past comical at this point and im tired of it. I love the Jets, but what is occurring here is bullsh*t, and deep down we all know it. I've been more interested in watching Oklahoma football the past 2 years than I have watching NY Jets football...and im not even a college football fan. However, what I am seeing is how these college guys are out there and leaving it all on the field. Pro guys like Wilkerson get paid and cant even make meetings on time. 

Im disappointed in this organization, and I've never felt that way until this season. This isnt even about the wins or losses, but how this team is being handled. This team is going nowhere until ownership changes, or ownership lucks up and gets either a front office or a coach that knows what the hell they are doing. It would also be nice to see an offensive-minded head coach someday in my lifetime. 

I love this team, but they simply dont deserve that level of dedication from me until they show something other than a rebuilding year. Hopefully that will be addressing this offensive line, drafting a talented QB, stop preaching this nonsense of bridge QB's when it's a bridge to nowhere and get some offensive minded coaching in this building. The 49ers may have just changed their fortunes with their new QB and their new HC... and the Jets are still stuck in the station. 

VTF

What a terrible incoherent post. This is a tired thread, the typical since the jets are not 0-16 and we aren’t drafting 1 that somehow it’s been a lair year. You totally ignore the development of every other position on the field, the fact that the jets are surpassing expectations and learning how to win. The fact that you think the 49ers are anywhere close to where we are shows your lack of football knowledge. Please screenshot this promise, the jets will have a better record then the 49ers for the next 3 years, guaranteed! 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Fewer words version: I cannot control it, so I don’t sweat it. I’m loyal to a fault, so I don’t abandon them. They aren’t a reflection of my hard work and success, so I don’t have to pretend to be proud of them.

Basically, I don’t give a **** what they do anymore, the sport is boring compared to 10 years ago, and I refuse to have my children witness me be affected by a sports team.

This! Lol

FOOTBALL is not going anywhere SOCIETY is weakening.  

MANY would rather sit home and watch on TV than attend in person they might get cold or wet or have to wait in line for the bathroom, because all this has killed so many. 

Complaining and protesting football is just another way to have something to complain about it and be able to voice your opinions and hope others agree and disagree for the reaction factor. 

Great thing YOU ALL HAVE A CHOICE don't like it don't watch it don't support it. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

MANY would rather sit home and watch on TV than attend in person they might get cold or wet or have to wait in line for the bathroom, because all this has killed so many. 

Complaining and protesting football is just another way to have something to complain about it and be able to voice your opinions and hope others agree and disagree for the reaction factor. 

Great thing YOU ALL HAVE A CHOICE don't like it don't watch it don't support it. 

Metlife and the PSL reminded everyone that this is a business. The Jets and Giants specifically and the NFL generally did not grasp when you start upping the price indiscriminately expecting your customer to simply pony up, instead everyone takes a hard look on a cost benefit basis. They assumed very wrongly the fan base would pay up and be quiet. So you can pay zero, wake up and put the TV on, or pay through the nose to be treated like somewhere between cattle, a criminal or a carny's mark, burning a whole day and piles of cash.If you want to call not wishing to do something that stupid "weak", guilty as charged. 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There is literally ZERO correlation between football game attendance and the strength/weakness of society. You post a lot, and I mean that as emphatically as possible, a lot of dumb sh*t... and this is right at the tippy top for you.

Complaining about the Jets being perpetually stupid has nothing to do with protesting. Keep your INFOWARS blockhead agenda out of here. 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is the first season where I've pretty much dismissed NY Jets football. I've rarely even been on the forum, which for some understandably, this made for a euphoric experience . And you know what? This is the best I've felt during this time of the year since Rex first 2 seasons. And before those years I would say the year of "The Favre". I began to pull for the Jets since 1990 at around 10 years old during those annual Giant/Jets preseason games. I noticed that I was actually becoming fan of the team after seeing how upset I was during the infamous Marino fake-spike game. I followed this team yearly since then. 

Many of us thought that from the 1998 on that this franchise could be going in the right direction in comparison to what we did in the 90's. From 1998 to 2010 the jets made the Playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games and won the AFC East division twice. 

Since 2011 the Jets have done.....well, nothing. This decade is as bad 90's decade in many ways. The 90's was the absolute worst decade, but this decade is most definitely making a case right now. We've already tied the 90's decade for the most consecutive seasons without a playoff birth (6) and this season will surely break that tie and make it 7 years without a playoff birth. We hold claim to having some of the worst quarterback play from numerous quarterbacks this decade. We've had a decades worth of 1st and 2nd round picks that are no longer in the NFL, let alone not with the NY Jets. We've had numerous seasons of losing 10 or more games. Literally, every year since 2013 has been considered a "Rebuilding Year", yet we've seen them build nothing. 

This year was the first year that I was actually fed up with the NY Jets decision making. When they signed Josh McCown after parting ways with Fitz and Geno and refusing to let Petty or Hack play, that was the first time that in my mind I said "F*** this team" and really meant it. I've watched most of the games, but not with such anticipation like is years past. I have not gotten upset at losses, I've smiled during the wins because of course, the team is in my heart. But as a fan that dedicates their most precious asset which is time, I've literally not invested myself into this football season as I typically would do...and I have to say that it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I've been a NY Jets fan for almost 30 years of my life, and I know some folks here who seen Namath live with their own eyes. We deserve better than what we're getting. I know that some folks will criticize what im saying as if im somehow not a "real fan", and that's cool. I think that I deserve better as a fan that what im getting. The thread about Morton wanting McCown back next year is what prompted me to even write this. I deserve better than what this team has done this decade, and so do you. We are currently in a position where Im watching a front office and coaching staff who inherited a team that was fully blown up and had damn near 200 million in cap space, and 3 years later we're in the exact same position. These guys never even left the station. This decade has been an absolute abomination and has proven not to be worth my time, or yours. WTF is ownership or this front office doing that even gives hope for the future? Though it's not translating to wins, I can see that the Cleveland Browns are trying everything they absolutely can to bring winning football to their fans. You can actually see the effort. The NY Jets are such a lukewarm team because it's suck a lukewarm organization with no clear direction. That's proven true given that we've been in rebuilding mode since we drafted Geno Smith in 2013. Every single year, EVERY has been a rebuilding year. It's past comical at this point and im tired of it. I love the Jets, but what is occurring here is bullsh*t, and deep down we all know it. I've been more interested in watching Oklahoma football the past 2 years than I have watching NY Jets football...and im not even a college football fan. However, what I am seeing is how these college guys are out there and leaving it all on the field. Pro guys like Wilkerson get paid and cant even make meetings on time. 

Im disappointed in this organization, and I've never felt that way until this season. This isnt even about the wins or losses, but how this team is being handled. This team is going nowhere until ownership changes, or ownership lucks up and gets either a front office or a coach that knows what the hell they are doing. It would also be nice to see an offensive-minded head coach someday in my lifetime. 

I love this team, but they simply dont deserve that level of dedication from me until they show something other than a rebuilding year. Hopefully that will be addressing this offensive line, drafting a talented QB, stop preaching this nonsense of bridge QB's when it's a bridge to nowhere and get some offensive minded coaching in this building. The 49ers may have just changed their fortunes with their new QB and their new HC... and the Jets are still stuck in the station. 

VTF

I hear that, I hear that...

Unfortunately this is the first year of a rebuild thats been needed since The Santonio Meltdown in Miami.

The competitve rebuild initiated by Woody after fear of further Banner-Dragging-Planes, set this team back. So here we are. 

I have to say, with Woody gone and a bare bones roster, I have been extremely pleased and surprised by Mac and Bowles this offseason/season.

I believe the team is headed in the right direction, and with more time will have a very good roster.

But, the biggest concern I have about this team is the most important aspect of today’s NFL...quarterback.

My concern stemming from Macagnan having the balls to trade up for someone he loves....along with Bowles ability or inability to recognize QB talent, or how to develop the position.

So my optimism is blocked by this notion that we will not find a quarterback, or if so, he won’t be in good coaching hands. We’ll see.

5 hours ago, August said:

We're in a rebuild now because ownership allowed the fans and media to dictate to them after a rebuilding team went 4-12 in 2014. So they scrapped that and began a quick fix retooling in the attempt to become more competitive quickly. It of course backfired and now 3 years later we're rebuilding again. 

This is exactly correct.  The Johnson's Jets are run with a media first approach, building a winner is secondary.   I think it's clearly an organizational philosophy.

This is why I honestly believe this team will NEVER win until Woody sells the team.

Understand where you are coming from Villian.  But I do think this team is fun to watch this year.  If McCown was 10 years younger and named Cousins, we would be ******* ecstatic.  I get it he is 38 and might never be able to reproduce this record year he is having, but it is fun.  Who thought Anderson was this good?  Or Kearse, or ASJ?  I think the real disappointment this year is the defense given the $$$$ we have invested year after year.  Our offense should be the worst in the league, but it is actually close to the average.  Think about that for a minute.  Our offense, which has had no serious investment in forever is ranked higher than our highly vaunted defense.  How many ******* first round draft picks have we spent on our D?  Ridiculous.  Anyway, I think our team might be able to pull out of the below mediocre status only if we get a highly skilled and veteran coach.  I'm all in for a big name head coach.  Nothing against Bowles but I can't see him ever taking this team to the promised land.  Hope I'm wrong.  Let me sum it up by saying this: If the Yankees (a team on the rise) fired Girardi after being one game from the World Series, than Bowles needs to go....yesterday.  Bowles has showed growth, but has he shown enough?  The verdict is still out on Macc.  Maybe Macc should be fired too, I don't know.  Maybe he just needs to hire his own coach (selfish plug) as long as said coach is a former Super Bowl winning coach on the same level as Parcels.   

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What a terrible incoherent post. This is a tired thread, the typical since the jets are not 0-16 and we aren’t drafting 1 that somehow it’s been a lair year. You totally ignore the development of every other position on the field, the fact that the jets are surpassing expectations and learning how to win. The fact that you think the 49ers are anywhere close to where we are shows your lack of football knowledge. Please screenshot this promise, the jets will have a better record then the 49ers for the next 3 years, guaranteed! 

image.png

6 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Regardless we'll get our QB, fill most of the gaps we need to fill, be rid of the expensive turds and have a young aggressive team that's only gonna get better.

This should basically be the Jets perennial motto because legions of fans say this same exact thing every year.

I feel Villain’s pain. I despised the Rex regime because he was inevitably going to burn the place down, but you knew he was going to eventually get caught in the act and subsequently fired. Bowles and Macc are low-key enough to keep the scam going for another four, five, six seasons before Chris Johnson figures out he’s been had. A lot of fans can see it, but they won’t matter because they’re all on the PSL hook for the next twenty years. That feeling you have in your gut right know is the same one you get when you sign a long-term lease on a Kia Sephora.

27 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Understand where you are coming at Villian.  But I do think this team is fun to watch this year.  If McCown was 10 years younger and named Cousins, we would be ******* ecstatic.  I get it he is 38 and might never be able to reproduce this record year he is having, but it is fun.  Who thought Anderson was this good?  Or Kearse, or ASJ?  I think the real disappointment this year is the defense given the $$$$ we have invested year after year.  Our offense should be the worst in the league, but it is actually close to the average.  Think about that for a minute.  Our offense, which has had no serious investment in forever is ranked higher than our highly vaunted defense.  How many ******* first round draft picks have we spent on our D?  Ridiculous.  Anyway, I think our team might be able to pull out of the below mediocre status only if we get a highly skilled and veteran coach.  I'm all in for a big name head coach.  Nothing against Bowles but I can't see him ever taking this team to the promised land.  Hope I'm wrong.  Let me sum it up by saying this: If the Yankees (a team on the rise) fired Girardi after being one game from the World Series, than Bowles needs to go....yesterday.  Bowles has showed growth, but has he shown enough?  The verdict is still out on Macc.  Maybe Macc should be fired too, I don't know.  Maybe he just needs to hire his own coach (selfish plug) as long as said coach is a former Super Bowl winning coach on the same level as Parcels.   

Imagine if there was someone in the building at some level of authority that could evaluate the performance of Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan as it relates to the long-term prospects of the franchise, and that person could advise the Johnson family on how to proceed. Currently—and this is no exaggeration—that role is filled by Manish Mehta. 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yeah, but what if the 49ers learn how to win and stuff? I hear they're doing night classes and applying them to mirror work, eventually to Sunday afternoons.

We're on the right track, give them some more time. Purging a team from most all of its veterans and so called leaders, is in itself, a rebuild.

We know it and they know it, the team needs a QB...but they don't grow on trees. Too bad the Hackenberg experiment was a total flop but hey, 50% of 2nd round picks never make it in the NFL so I'm not pissed off at Macc, he rolled the dice and I think he's all the wiser for it.

As for Bowles, I'm still on the fence. Not because the team doesn't play hard for him. In fact I think he's done a good job of turning the culture around. Im Just not sure whether or not he can win the big games...

cap space and the draft picks are ample...this team will be even a tougher out going forward.

9 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I used to be on the tank train. But I've never seen a Jets team fight like they are now. Tanking definitely would not lead to winning. You win by first developing a good culture. And we have this season.

Repost this on draft day. And then when Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are getting groovy new jerseys of some other teams, and the Jets pick ANOTHER defender who probably will be neither a pass rushers nor a shutdown corner, I hope these 5-8 utterly pointless 2017 wins give you some solace. And that's it; there is no hope here. It's the same personnel mistakes and the same kind of defense first fake tough guy coach forever.

And to paraphrase TS above, McCagnan and Bowles are bland inoffensive polite Peter Principle guys who will make the Johnsons less inclined to fire them. And they know it; it's all about job preservation long term. So rather than firing Ryan or Idzik it will string out way longer than it should, certainly well past the first week of this January firing they both richly deserve.  

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

There is literally ZERO correlation between football game attendance and the strength/weakness of society. You post a lot, and I mean that as emphatically as possible, a lot of dumb sh*t... and this is right at the tippy top for you.

Complaining about the Jets being perpetually stupid has nothing to do with protesting. Keep your INFOWARS blockhead agenda out of here. 

Im not sorry the truth hurts. 

YOU are part of the SOCIETY I was talking about and YOU quickly feel the need to defend yourself. 

I have no INFOWARS blockhead agenda, never have and never will. 

Let me put you back on IGNORE things were so much better then. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Integrity28. 

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Metlife and the PSL reminded everyone that this is a business. The Jets and Giants specifically and the NFL generally did not grasp when you start upping the price indiscriminately expecting your customer to simply pony up, instead everyone takes a hard look on a cost benefit basis. They assumed very wrongly the fan base would pay up and be quiet. So you can pay zero, wake up and put the TV on, or pay through the nose to be treated like somewhere between cattle, a criminal or a carny's mark, burning a whole day and piles of cash.If you want to call not wishing to do something that stupid "weak", guilty as charged. 

Agree 110% PSL's have destroyed the season ticket experience at MetLife Stadium, back in the day the stadium was full of die-hard Jets fans the numbers have dwindled. There are many dedicated and passionate fans in the seats but there should be more. I used to be dedicated and in my seat every damn week, now I go when it works for me and I am in control of it all.  

VTF
I feel same way long time jets fan! Don't care what happens to team, this year. Excitement playing McCown & maybe bringing him back next year makes me sick.! Fans who are excited about team this year are clueless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

VTF

Well written. Been tough the last few years with the journeymen at QB. 

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Repost this on draft day. And then when Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are getting groovy new jerseys of some other teams,

None of those guys are guaranteed to be good. They have not stepped one foot on an NFL field.

The guys who are giddy over starting a 38 year old QB and winning 6 games this year deserve to be Jets fans. 

Dont get me wrong - it is a fun team to watch. But this was the year to play the young QBs and see what we had while potentially getting in position to grab a top prospect in a QB rich draft. But instead we have ...Jets.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not sorry the truth hurts. 

YOU are part of the SOCIETY I was talking about and YOU quickly feel the need to defend yourself. 

I have no INFOWARS blockhead agenda, never have and never will. 

Let me put you back on IGNORE things were so much better then. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Integrity28. 

Exactly the type of snowflake response I’d expect from you.

Archived