FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

It’s 1995 all over again.  We lose every one of our own free agents, couldn’t pay anyone on the free agent market to come here.  And then topped it off at the draft when we took Kyle Brady over Sapp.

Its coming. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

So you stay in spite of other members? Lol. News flash bro. T0m Shane doesn’t care if you stay or leave. He doesn’t have some kind of personal vendetta with anyone. He’s just a funny ass dude who tells you where you F up at like I am..I’m just not as creative as him.

learn to socialize better if that’s why you got into sports.

I would if it was less serious. 

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Starter until game 6 when Baker comes in and makes the Vikings and Kirk Cousins look silly.

Baker Mayfield wouldn't sniff the field with this Head Coach unless McCown gets hurt. This is the same Head Coach who refused to pull him last season. If he didn't get hurt in Denver, we never would have even seen Petty. If I were a rookie QB I would not want to come to the Jets. Luckily, they don't really have a choice.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Baker Mayfield wouldn't sniff the field with this Head Coach unless McCown gets hurt. This is the same Head Coach who refused to pull him last season. If he didn't get hurt in Denver, we never would have even seen Petty. If I were a rookie QB I would not want to come to the Jets. Luckily, they don't really have a choice.

Petty?  You wanted to see Petty?  We'd seen Petty before and we knew he sucked.  If we draft a QB @6 or trade up to get one earlier - I can promise you he's seeing the field this year.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Petty?  You wanted to see Petty?  We'd seen Petty before and we knew he sucked.  If we draft a QB @6 or trade up to get one earlier - I can promise you he's seeing the field this year.

You missed my point. It's not about Petty. Petty stinks. It's about being able to move on from a 38 year old QB who isn't going to help you win anything. Bowles won't move on from this guy now that he's under contract.

I have this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach that were just going to sit tight at 6 and draft Allen because we will now have 2 guys who can "allow him to sit".
We stand pat at 6 and there very well may not be a qb to draft.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Luckily for the fans, there is nothing Bowles can do to save his or Macc’s job right now.  Stadium was empty before we lost Claiborne, Davis, etc.  It’s gonna be a lot worse this year.  

There is no one in this draft that Macc could come away with to save himself.  There’s no way a rookie QB would survive on this team, even Darnold and Rosen.

Can we all at least agree that tanking WAS the right thing to do last year.  Keeping Macc and Bowles so we could develop the youngsters on this roster was the biggest ******* loaf of BS in all of sports.  Now instead of a new regime, $100 in cap space and the number #1, we are stuck in year 4 of an epic meltdown, no free agents want to come here at all, and we won’t even get a FQB in the draft.

And sure, McCown and Bridgewater could guarantee us the top pick in next year’s draft.  Unfortunately, Darnold and Rosen >>>>>>>>>>>>> Stidham and Drew Lock.

Call me Jansen re-signs with the Ravens or signs with the Giants and the we sign that crumb from Washington, ASJ signs with the Seahawks, we don’t even pick up the phone for Fuller, and we sign Trumaine Johnson’s 30 year old ass to a mega deal. This team is unwatchable

7 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:
48 minutes ago, Mogglez said:
I have this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach that were just going to sit tight at 6 and draft Allen because we will now have 2 guys who can "allow him to sit".

We stand pat at 6 and there very well may not be a qb to draft.

Seeing as how our GM is an incompetent moron and Josh Allen is the only realistic one of the 4 who will drop, I'd thoroughly be ok with passing on a QB this year and waiting until we clean house, AGAIN, to draft someone. That's what this regime has done to me.  This years draft hasn't even happened yet, and I'm trying to figure out who we should hire next and who they should draft in 2019.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would it be a smokescreen? If a team wants a QB they will jump us anyway. The Broncos are ahead of us.

Cleveland, NYG, and Denver most likely are taking QB.  Buffalo is almost certainly moving up.  Miami and AZ could be on the move up.  So at this point, Macc can’t use his draft pics to move up because he needs them to fill the roster.  

Seeing as how our GM is an incompetent moron and Josh Allen is the only realistic one of the 4 who will drop, I'd thoroughly be ok with passing on a QB this year and waiting until we clean house, AGAIN, to draft someone. That's what this regime has done to me.  This years draft hasn't even happened yet, and I'm trying to figure out who we should hire next and who they should draft in 2019.
Good side (and I'm really trying) ...at least in that scenario we have Chubb or Barkley to choose from. A Minkah pick may just kill any interest I have left in this team.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Seeing as how our GM is an incompetent moron and Josh Allen is the only realistic one of the 4 who will drop, I'd thoroughly be ok with passing on a QB this year and waiting until we clean house, AGAIN to draft someone. That's what this regime has done to me.  This years draft hasn't even happened yet, and I'm trying to figure out who we should hire next and who they should draft in 2019.

Drafting Allen is the worst possible outcome. We would be better off taking Chubb/Nelson or trading down and taking Lauletta late in the 1st round.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If I am Chris Johnson, these past two days have proven that team needs new direction.

At this point, I would only be shelling out 1-yr deals to any free agents.

In addition, I would let Macc know that any draft pic for 2019 and beyond is off limits.  Limit the damage to this year.  Let the new GM and HC cut any and every damn player they want, including a 1st round bust QB in Allen if they want too.

1 minute ago, Mackman55 said:

Drafting Allen is the worst possible outcome. We would be better off taking Chubb/Nelson or trading down and taking Lauletta late in the 1st round.

There’s a realistic chance Allen could be 2nd QB off the board after Darnold right now . 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Crowell is a decent signing. Sad part is that we are signing Clevelands trash. 

Day 1 if free agency and we are signing 3rd string RBs that weren’t good enough for Cleveland.  Today is awesome.

Archived